ADVERTISEMENT

Didn't get Poster this year

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
Well, due to my health issues I did not get an autographed poster this year.

I looked on ebay hoping to snag one but $400 for the cheapest I just can't justify.

If anyone has an extra I am willing to give a profit but not 10X the price.

This is my first year I have missed out and it really irks me that the Basketball office never called me back (called several times) and I had enough to deal with without that.

Oh well. If you do have an extra you are willing to part with please let me know.

I tried to get one of the autograph basketballs and they were sold out also. I have one from last years team and really wanted one from this year

Well, due to my health issues I did not get an autographed poster this year.

I looked on ebay hoping to snag one but $400 for the cheapest I just can't justify.

If anyone has an extra I am willing to give a profit but not 10X the price.

This is my first year I have missed out and it really irks me that the Basketball office never called me back (called several times) and I had enough to deal with without that.

Oh well. If you do have an extra you are willing to part with please let me know.

I ordered an autographed ball from the duke office, still in the box. Might be willing to sell for a profit. Let me know if interested.

That's a bummer. I missed out on the poster last year, so I know how you feel. I even got my order in, but it either got lost or stolen in transit. Luckily, I was able to get a ball last year, and the poster and ball this year.

I sent an email this year, which went unanswered, so I was fortunate the poster and ball were both still available when I called. I don't blame the basketball office - they seemed really overwhelmed and trying to do their best to keep up with the demand.

The resellers, on the other hand, do irk me. Everyone has the right to do whatever they want, but this is intended as a gesture to true fans, not for people trying to make a quick buck.

I hope you get your hands on this year's poster for a reasonable price!

Sorry to hear about the health issues.

Just a devil's advocate take . . .

I collect memorabilia. The market will tell the tale of course, but honestly, $400 might be a bargain. Very unique piece.

Consider this team has a good chance to win the title.
Consider Zion will win POY.
Consider this may be K's last title due to age.
Consider the future NBA careers and no team has ever had 3 top 5 picks, which could happen.

I have the ball in a case and a framed poster, and with sentimentality factored in, I'd sell the pair for no less than $5,000 right now.

My buddy took his son (both big Duke fans) and they drove the 2.5 hour trip from Roanoke to Durham the day of the autograph signing. They waited in line for hours and didn't make it in. On his way home I told him to stop by my place. I ended up giving his son my extra signed poster from this years team. I knew it would mean a whole lot more to them than just sitting in my Duke memorabilia collection. I hope you are able to find one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT