ADVERTISEMENT

Did Bam duck State?

Yes he did.
  • Paul Biancardi, Basketball Recruiting
Five-star power forward Edrice "Bam" Adebayo, ranked No. 6 in the ESPN 100, will attend Kentucky, he announced Tuesday on Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio.

We are putting together an unbelievable class, and will only be #2. Just shows how insane Duke's class is now, and will be when it is complete.

Good for us with Bolden thats for sure.
I said the other day I thought y'all got Bolden and we get Allen.

Holy smoke, I never thought we got Bam. I was sure he would be a Wolfie.

All the recruiting experts started tweeting last night, Bam to UK. It surprised the H*** out of me. I'm still in shock.

I love we got this kid, but still can't believe it.

It's amazing how unbelievably good our team can be next year. Getting Marques Bolden makes it even sweeter. Obviously Plumlee, and Jefferson will be gone and Brandon Ingram will be gone more than likely. I don't think Grayson Allen will go the NBA next year. I think he is a four year player. So you couple this teams experience along with next years #1 recruiting class, it will be an unbelievable season next year.

Reactions: pisgah101
I want Bolden.
He's a great player. And I think y'all will.

I usually want wish luck to another fanbase on recruiting, but being you're my buddy,Show, I wish you the best of luck.

I still hope we beat y'all tonight though.;)

Reactions: Showenuff
I don't think we (UK) had much of a realistic shot at Bolden. I think Bolden has long been torn between KU and Duke, and I give the advantage to Duke. Especially with Tatum and Giles recruiting him.

There are two huge X factors now presenting themselves in Dukes favor.
1- the injury to Giles does equate to more of a impact role for Bolden at Duke. Bolden can easily come in at the 5 and Chase at the 4. At least early on bc Giles' knee won't have him totally ready in the beginning of the season. This is now a different senario then when Giles was completely healthy where he would log 30+ minutes per game.
2- Tatum and Giles have really been pushing for him to come to Duke. I recently saw some comment sent from either Tatum or Giles stating he's the last piece in winning a national title.

If I'm in Boldens position, I just don't know HOW , I could look at how this situation is coming together and not call K immediately and say" I'm on the way Coach!"

lol maybe if state wasn't the kind of school that would lose to William and mary that Might help their case a little bit.

This one kind of shocked me. Not necessarily that he went to UK, but moreso because he didn't go to State...if that makes sense. State is where I would have preferred him. And not because he chose UK....the 'Cats are going to get kids regardless. I just thought State would be able to keep this kid home, plus it would have pissed off UNC fans more. I kind of have a guilty pleasure when it comes to that. But in the end it doesn't matter....because UNC fans know it wa$ all about the $$$ anyways. It also is when they don't get picked.

Reactions: skysdad
This one kind of shocked me. Not necessarily that he went to UK, but moreso because he didn't go to State...if that makes sense. State is where I would have preferred him. And not because he chose UK....the 'Cats are going to get kids regardless. I just thought State would be able to keep this kid home, plus it would have pissed off UNC fans more. I kind of have a guilty pleasure when it comes to that. But in the end it doesn't matter....because UNC fans know it wa$ all about the $$$ anyways. It also is when they don't get picked.
I'm the same way dj in that I wanted to see the UNC agony with him choosing NCSU more than NCSU getting him. Anything that UNC dislikes I like.

If I'm in Boldens position, I just don't know HOW , I could look at how this situation is coming together and not call K immediately and say" I'm on the way Coach!"
Only thing that makes me wonder if he ends up at Kansas is playing time. Duke will have Giles and Jeter will be coming back, whereas Kansas is noticeably without a center.

Peoole are crazy if they think UK and cal are going anything wrong, if that's what you're implying. It would have already broke.

UNC has been handing out free grades, no classes, using illegal times to practice, giving drug dealer thug players houses provided by coaches, and have been wrapped up in drugs, guns, and money issues. They are a cesspool. If it were about illegal activity, he'd be at state, UNC, or Lousiville. Probably even Kansas.

He's at UK. He's focused on his career. That's what we sell. And we have the proof to back it up.

Last edited:
Only thing that makes me wonder if he ends up at Kansas is playing time. Duke will have Giles and Jeter will be coming back, whereas Kansas is noticeably without a center.

Kansas is quickly becoming third option for the studs. Maybe even 4th and 5th to an extent. Self doesn't perform well with roster turnover. He needs kids to stay. Top recruits know it.

Peoole are idiots if they think UK and cal are going anything wrong, if that's what you're implying. It would have already broke.

UNC has been handing out free grades, no classes, using illegal times to practice, giving drug dealer thug players houses provided by coaches, and have been wrapped up in drugs, guns, and money issues. They are a cesspool. If it were about illegal activity, he'd be at state, UNC, or Lousiville. Probably even Kansas.

He's at UK. He's focused on his career. That's what we sell. And we have the proof to back it up.

He never implied anything negative about UK. You look like a fool now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT