ADVERTISEMENT

CTC

To start the season based on what I saw last night I'd say it's Matt, Grayson, Jayson, Amile and Marques.

Can't overstate enough how great Matt defended Grayson last night, very impressive and a great sign for us this year.

I'd agree with that lineup to start the season. I think come tournament time we'll see Luke, Matt, Grayson, Jayson and Amile starting in the tourney, maybe Harry instead of Luke or Matt.

After attending CTC last night, I wouldn't be surprised if Tatum didn't lead the team in scoring. Another scary thought; as good as the talent is on this team, Giles at 100% is probably the best player on this team! Go Duke!
I found myself thinking that about Tatum too but then I had to remember that Grayson was on the other team. Tatum was the main scorer for his side yesterday. With him and Grayson on the same team I still think Grayson leads in scoring. It will be close though.

Reactions: glallen
All I san say is........WOW! This was my first CTC and it was a blast. I will keep this quick and note a few things I saw.

1. This was more than a glorified scrimmage. If you attended or watched online, you got 20 minutes of high energy, quality basketball. It was like watching a top 10 matchup. No easy buckets, no breakaway dunks.

2. Spacing, sharing the ball, and chemistry will make this team a nightmare for anyone. There was so much talent on both teams, and to think it is all going to be combined with the addition of Giles is just mind boggling.

3. Despite all of the talent, there is no true PG and our ball-handling isn't the best. There was constant ball pressure, and some trapping from both teams. Neither handled it great imo. I wouldn't be surprised to see Amile or Jayson bring it up on occasion given the matchup.

4. Coach K spoke afterwards and mentioned how special this team can be. He doesn't speak this way often and you can't help but be excited by it.

5. Shooting and size. We have both in abundance.

Reactions: gottagonow
grayson may miss some of mp3 screens.....bigs def need to get up to speed on thar aspect.....everyone looked good

You know uk and their fan base is really not relevant at all when it comes down to it. The only time we need to be concerned with them is if we play them. Their fan base is so much like unc's fan base that it is a joke. They are just so obsessed with and envious of Duke that it just eats away with them. OFC

Not to mention that it still chaps their asses that they lost out on Bolden to Duke. Poor kid, he was dying to go to UK but his mommy MADE him go to Duke. Remember when they were saying that crap just so they could better deal with it??? Ha ha.
Their ass will always be chapped in eternity because of Christian Laettner. Plus then add on Bolden and its become a raw ass.

Cva7vR1WIAIGqYh.jpg

Yea lol! They always want to bring up how Briscoe showed Grayson up! Wow..really..? It was only one game. I will take Grayson any day of the week over Briscoe.
Honestly, from what I recall, he played matador defense, shuttling Grayson into the lane to go up against UK's bigs. That's not "showing up" anyone, but hey, to each their own.

Honestly, from what I recall, he played matador defense, shuttling Grayson into the lane to go up against UK's bigs. That's not "showing up" anyone, but hey, to each their own.
Briscoe did a good job on Grayson but the UK fans like to pretend he did it alone. Which is completely false. UK had help defense geared toward Allen when he was going to drive the ball. Allen did force things, because honestly he had to, but not one defender did it alone.

Reactions: twdukefan
I watched CTC again last night. I will say, what I didn't notice the first time was Javin's rebounding. I thought he did pretty well in that department.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT