ADVERTISEMENT

CTC

Ok, I'm trying to post a pic from last night, but I'm technilogically (is that a word) challenged. Can someone walk me through it? Thanks!

OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Mime-Is-Money said:
^if Giles is healthy, Allens at best the 3rd best player on that team.

"But he's not, and honestly, I don't know if he'll ever be "healthy" again. 3 knee surgeries in 2 years, at 6'11 222 pounds is not good at all. One may say that it's crushing."

Boy aren't they HOPING....

Ok, I'm trying to post a pic from last night, but I'm technilogically (is that a word) challenged. Can someone walk me through it? Thanks!

OFC
My son tell me I am technically challenged when he is is being nice to me.Most of the time he says I am an idiot

From that Wall2Boogie phony at RR in the Duke scrimmage thread:

"I just want puke to lose one game this year preferably in march. The very thought of this year the 40-0 crap and the comparisons to our 2015 squad will get old real quick. I would love to see them end up 37-1 just to watch the meltdown and taste the yummy tears of fans of that awful program."

Awful program?!! And I love in that thread how they try and convince themselves that Duke looked terrible and how they pretty much "laugh" at how easily their guards will blow by ours. Saying that Kennard, Allen and Jackson trying to keep Monk and Fox out of the lane is laughable. And they have been saying this for months now. The one clown said Bolden is a terrible defender and just slops down the court like he is 300 pounds. To any of you who were there last night, is there any truth to this?? They have a severe Duke paranoia and are scared shitless.
They are full of crap.They take one game where Grayson was sick and think that their guards will kill us

OFC

QC, here is a little gif I made awhile back. I used 'Photobucket' as the example of a picture host. If you already have a picture on your hard drive then start there...instead of at the start. Hope this helps.

Picture%20Posting%20Instruction%205%20Second%20Frames%20gif_1.gif

OFC

Reactions: LONMUNU and skysdad
I know it's just a glorified scrimmage, but damn...our guys looked sensational. The talent level is off the charts, and if this group jells together...look out!

OFC

According to the idiots at Rupp Rafters Duke looked horrible last night and they aren't concerned at all. Our lack of a true pg will kill us. They have been trying to convince themselves of that for months now.

Reactions: Quavarius
My impressions last night:
Really liked the intros. The water bottle flip - all the guys went crazy! :)
Amile - I love this guy's game. Others have said it, but he is going to be huge this year. It took exactly one second for him to make a play (on the opening tip the ball goes up Amile jumps in and tips it to a teammate). He drew 4 or 5 fouls on the other team in the first dozen or so minutes.
Grayson - I think he's going to have another good year. Matt did an awesome job defending him but he's going to find his. I thought he did a nice job not forcing too much early (he started to force shots later). I think he was frustrated with Matt shutting him down so he complained about that foul and tackled Amile...just forcing things. He'll be fine.
Tatum - how long is his wingspan!? Physically, he looks like a force. He made some tough shots - but I thought he forced a few shots that he didn't have to. He's going to be really good. His post up on one possession (even though he missed the shot) was awesome.
Luke - his shot was on. He's going to have a nice year.
Matt - as expected, solid. Great defense, did a good job bringing the ball up (Frank didn't seem to give him fits), and hit at least one 3, maybe a couple.
Bolden - he didn't get a touch on the offensive end until probably 10 minutes in. He moved well (the comment about him running like a 300lber is not accurate). I think if he has a mismatch on a guy he'll get the ball and be effective.
Jeter - I'm still not convinced he will add much this year.
Javin - wow is he athletic! One dunk in warmups, the ball looked like a spiked volleyball. It went straight down and hard. They didn't do the dunk contest because it wouldn't have been a contest - he would have won! :)
Jackson - he was sound. Hit a couple of nice shots, got to the rim.
White - more impressive than I thought he'd be.
Robinson - has a decent game.
Vrank - that is a big kid!

Thank
QC, here is a little gif I made awhile back. I used 'Photobucket' as the example of a picture host. If you already have a picture on your hard drive then start there...instead of at the start. Hope this helps.

Picture%20Posting%20Instruction%205%20Second%20Frames%20gif_1.gif

OFC
Thanks a lot OADD. I'll give it a shot today sometime.

OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil

"I just want puke to lose one game this year preferably in march. The very thought of this year the 40-0 crap and the comparisons to our 2015 squad will get old real quick. I would love to see them end up 37-1 just to watch the meltdown and taste the yummy tears of fans of that awful program."

Awful program?!! And I love in that thread how they try and convince themselves that Duke looked terrible and how they pretty much "laugh" at how easily their guards will blow by ours. Saying that Kennard, Allen and Jackson trying to keep Monk and Fox out of the lane is laughable. And they have been saying this for months now. The one clown said Bolden is a terrible defender and just slops down the court like he is 300 pounds. To any of you who were there last night, is there any truth to this?? They have a severe Duke paranoia and are scared shitless.

Silly rabbits. No Duke fans have said 40-0 or compared this team to their 2015 team. Good Lord they're delusional.

I wasn't at CTC but just from the few practice videos that I've seen I can tell that it isn't true that Bolden runs like he's 300 pounds because he showed off some pretty good moves in those videos

I wasn't at CTC but just from the few practice videos that I've seen I can tell that it isn't true that Bolden runs like he's 300 pounds because he showed off some pretty good moves in those videos

Not to mention that it still chaps their asses that they lost out on Bolden to Duke. Poor kid, he was dying to go to UK but his mommy MADE him go to Duke. Remember when they were saying that crap just so they could better deal with it??? Ha ha.

Let the UK posters roll off your back. Their in team scrim, Cal loaded one side who played vs their scrubs. Of course they scored more. K had our talents split playing against each other. Just wait and watch what happens when they are all on the same team. And as far as their "how'd that work out for you last year" BS....this ain't last year. We have one badass team this year and they know that. Not to mention one of our best players was watching from the bench last night. I'm very confident about this season. VERY.

UK has a bunch of great freshmen, but which upperclassmen are gonna show them the way during the dog days of the SEC schedule? Granted, the conference sucks, but you'll still need some leadership to get through any tough road games. They should worry more about themselves first before concerning themselves about the competition.

Yea Justin Jackson better pull on his big boy panties if he's gonna attempt to check Tatum. Ain't happening. After what I saw last night, he is nearly unstoppable.

OFC

I think some people mistook some of his shots as bad or forced shots. Jayson is an NBA player. He takes contested shots because usually, it's still at least the second best shot available. I'll take a contested Tatum midrange over a Bolden up and under with a defender. He is so good.

Reactions: Dukesince90
Let the UK posters roll off your back. Their in team scrim, Cal loaded one side who played vs their scrubs. Of course they scored more. K had our talents split playing against each other. Just wait and watch what happens when they are all on the same team. And as far as their "how'd that work out for you last year" BS....this ain't last year. We have one badass team this year and they know that. Not to mention one of our best players was watching from the bench last night. I'm very confident about this season. VERY.
Cal is simulating the competition they'll face in the SEC

Show, Dukehokie, Skee, Gottagonow, it was great meeting you guys last night at Skillet. We'll have to do it again next year. Get ready, it's gonna be a fun ride this year. You guys that didn't make it last night, you HAVE to attend CTC sometime. Unbelievable beginning to another Duke basketball season.

OFC
QC Dukie It was great to meet you and your son. You are a really nice dude as is Show, his daughter and his friends, one of which I talked with a good bit inside the museum about fishing. Skee and Dukehokie nice to meet you guys and your wife as well hokie.

Really a neat group of folks I enjoyed meeting and sorry I apparently just missed Topps as I left a little before Dukehokie did.

We will really be fun and explosive to watch this season and I am so hyped as we have so much talent. It will Interesting to see how K fits all the pieces together. The players I was most impressed with were Tatum, Amile, Grayson and Luke. Tatum was on a different playing level last night and is simply silky smooth, I was most impressed with Grayson's speed, so fast and intense. Luke's gonna burry the 3 ball at will and Amile, well he's involved in almost every play on the court it seems. Jackson is fast and really good.

Already looking forward to attending next year but I'll need join the Iron Duke's to buy seats closer to the floor because the sound system up high was pretty bad and couldn't understand what the announcer was saying.

Kentuckys guards will be better, but their team won't.
Fox and Monk are the best backcourt in the country. We have the best 3-5 group. We have top 10 guards too. Not sure if UK has a top 10 frontcourt. Both teams are stacked compared to most teams.

Fox and Monk are the best backcourt in the country. We have the best 3-5 group. We have top 10 guards too. Not sure if UK has a top 10 frontcourt. Both teams are stacked compared to most teams.

I don't know that I'm ready to crown Fox and Monk yet. Nova, Oregon, Duke and Kansas will have a say and Louisville has a super deep backcourt...again. And Lonzo Ball may end up being the best point guard in the nation. The NCAA is loaded with star power this season.

I'll say this about Amile and @gottagonow touched on it above. He is very Lance-ish in the way he is involved in every play. I mean every play. There's no secret as to why the white squad scored at will against what was actually decent D. Amile's passing, rebounding and defense were so key. Now hopefully he can start hitting some free throws. He'll see the line a lot.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I don't know that I'm ready to crown Fox and Monk yet. Nova, Oregon, Duke and Kansas will have a say and Louisville has a super deep backcourt...again. And Lonzo Ball may end up being the best point guard in the nation. The NCAA is loaded with star power this season.

I agree that it seems early to crown them as the best. However, they are very good and UK will completely steamroll the SEC as it is garbage (though teams like Arkansas and Texas A&M have been doing better in recruiting). I know some UK fans that really want them to move to the ACC just so they have some exciting games to watch between January and March.

I wasn't there last night....but I did watch. So while I wasn't up close and personal like many of the posters here I'll offer some opinions.

Grayson, Amile and Matt....I'm just going to tie these three together. They're our leaders and it's very evident. Anyone who insists that Matt isn't a really good defender needs to watch how he played Grayson last night. Now granted, he draws that assignment probably every day in practice, but make no mistake, he made life miserable for Grayson. That said, I'm not worried about Grayson. He's really good and will be our leading scorer. As for Amile, I'll just echo what others have said....he's kind of the heart and soul. He's not going to lead us in scoring, probably not in rebounding, either, but he's our coach and leader on the floor. You can tell the other guys really look to him for leadership.

Jayson....enjoy the next five to six months with this guy. He's a special player. If there is one area of concern I would have is that he did force at times last night, but I had to keep telling myself that it's just a scrimmage and a show. His game is so fluid.

Luke....I've thought all along he would be one of our top three scorers, and he could finish second. You can tell he just looks more comfortable as a sophomore. A lot of the focus for Duke fans and opposing fans, as well, has been centered more on Grayson, Jayson, Harry and to an extent Frank Jackson. They're all great....but with the exception of Grayson, Luke might be our most natural scorer. He's really good.

Frank....he looked like a freshman at times last night, but a really talented one, at that. He's going to score for us, but he's the kind of guy who might one game score 18 and then go a couple where he's under eight in a game because he won't be a "top" option.

Marques....one thing I didn't see was someone who lumbers around. Again, it was just a scrimmage, but I wish there had been a little more focus on pounding the ball in to him. It was hard to get an accurate gauge on his offensive capabilities. But he's definitely smooth and just extremely long.

Chase....lots of hustle. He knows he's not a cinch to garner major minutes unless he's being productive. He was diving for loose balls and being very active last night. If that continues it will only be a good thing for us.

Javin....you can see he's going to be a nice player, maybe similar to an Amile? I don't know. Minutes will be hard to come by for him this season, but I still like what he brings to the table in the future.

Jack White....I was really impressed. Like Javin, minutes won't be there this season, but I do think he's a rotation kind of player maybe as early as next season.

We have a very talented group. They look close too. That's a positive. But Spatola was talking about one of the concerns this team will face at some point this season....and that was buying in. We have 10 or 11 guys who are playing 20-25 minutes anywhere else on a consistent basis....but as we know, that's not possible on this team. Of the guys listed above, three or four might not see the minutes they feel they deserve....and that's with leaving Harry out of the equation right now.

The 2016-17 season has the chance to be really special. Make sure you take it in and enjoy....and that includes the highs and the lows.

Don't know how reliable he is, but...

@CLykinsBlog: 2017 @kenpomeroy ratings released. Duke projected as No. 1 team, going 29-1 through regular season and 17-1 in ACC (L at UNC).

@CLykinsBlog: The lone loss for Duke @kenpomeroy is projected in final game of regular season at UNC with a projected score of 80-79 with 49% confidence.

Reactions: pisgah101
The players just rave rave rave about Javins work ethic. I think he's gonna be a great snag by K

I was at the game last night and I have to say that Dukiejay's assessment was spot on. I think Tatum is going to be the real deal, he seems further along than Ingram was starting off the season. Jackson will have some wow moments as well as some growing pains, but man is he explosive attacking the rim. I think Bolden will show improvement weekly and will really shore up our rebounding. He looked a little confused vs the double team. Jack White really impressed me. I was watching him warming up and was surprised at how athletic he is. I think Matt Jones was affective running the point and his defense was stellar. Amille is the glue to this team. Allen was frustrated and scared the hell out of me when he crashed into Ingram.
I think it may take him awhile to adjust to playing with some of the freshmen. Kennard is lethal, if he were on any other team I think he would average about 20 pts a game. I think he will be our 6th man and be a huge boost off the bench. I can't wait to watch them all as one unit!

Reactions: skysdad
Oh yeah Javin is a year or two away, I thought he seemed very unsure of himself on offense. It's going to be fun to watch his improvement the next couple of seasons.

Kentuckys guards will be better, but their team won't.

No way they'll be better than Allen, Jones, and Kennard. Maybe faster and more athletic but not better basketball players or better for their team. We have one of the best guards in the country in Allen and I'd take Kennard over any UK guard as a college basketball player.

Sounds awesome minus no dunk contest. I was lucky enough to be at the Penn state Ohio state football game.

Yeah, rushed field after, sang alma mater with players and coaches, then left stadium with team through the tunnel. Pretty amazing day, awesome tailgates. Think I ate 5 lbs of shrimp scallops and crab. No comment on what I drank.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
So what do we think starting 5 is and rotation?

To start the season based on what I saw last night I'd say it's Matt, Grayson, Jayson, Amile and Marques.

Can't overstate enough how great Matt defended Grayson last night, very impressive and a great sign for us this year.

Saw a lot of great recaps of last night here so I'll be quick with mine. Duke is absolutely stacked and at one point I had to remind myself that Giles was still on this team.

Jayson Tatum was in my opinion the undoubtedly best player on the court last night. And that is saying something with all the talent that was out there.

Was texting with @dukehokie during the scrimmage and I mentioned how much I liked the way the teams were constructed. Really make Grayson and Frank work hard the entire time, dealing with the pressure and full court action. That will be the toughest D they may face all season. Once you put Grayson with Tatum, good luck. Surround him with Luke who had a great night and Amile and WOW.

Bolden will get his, he won't get doubled like Jah did so much when he played for Duke because you can't leave Tatum, Frank, Luke or Grayson.

After attending CTC last night, I wouldn't be surprised if Tatum didn't lead the team in scoring. Another scary thought; as good as the talent is on this team, Giles at 100% is probably the best player on this team! Go Duke!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT