ADVERTISEMENT

Crazies trolling on another level

Mpm277

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 23, 2010
A gofundme has been set up to get UMBC's KJ Maura into CIS for the Virginia game haha

52fq20s1ob421.jpg

Britt, you're probably on target! OFC

It wouldn’t be that big of a deal if ESPN wasn’t covering this year’s team so close that they know when someone sneezes or has a wet fart. Just have never been a big fan of supplying locker room material a day or two in advance, and much less, a month in advance.

Until we beat Guy and company this year, bringing up another teams success against them will just further motivate a team that doesn’t need motivation, and it will force our guys to spend way much time on this story with reporters before the game.

Reactions: dukehokie
It wouldn’t be that big of a deal if ESPN wasn’t covering this year’s team so close that they know when someone sneezes or has a wet fart. Just have never been a big fan of supplying locker room material a day or two in advance, and much less, a month in advance.

Until we beat Guy and company this year, bringing up another teams success against them will just further motivate a team that doesn’t need motivation, and it will force our guys to spend way much time on this story with reporters before the game.

I think you have a very valid point. I think it would have been much better (if done at all)as quietly as possible....OFC

giphy.gif

I think you have a very valid point. I think it would have been much better (if done at all)as quietly as possible....OFC

According to the article I linked it was intended to be a surprise but word got out about it.

Totally agree with both posts above. Would’ve been hilarious for the fans and would have gotten into UVA’s head. However, not sure how you’re going to keep something quiet when you run a gofundme account to pay for the plane ticket.

Exactly Britt, I love the Crazies but the advance notice really gives their staff and players added motivation. I think it makes Duke basketball look more like the Hunter than the Hunted. Surprised K hasnt nixed this....

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Exactly Britt, I love the Crazies but the advance notice really gives their staff and players added motivation. I think it makes Duke basketball look more like the Hunter than the Hunted. Surprised K hasnt nixed this....

OFC

I’m not sure what extra motivation it gives though. It’s already their biggest game of the year. The Zion-mania and Duke hysteria will be enough. Not sure there’s room in that kettle for anymore motivation haha.

Reactions: timo0402 and Mpm277
I’m not sure what extra motivation it gives though. It’s already their biggest game of the year. The Zion-mania and Duke hysteria will be enough. Not sure there’s room in that kettle for anymore motivation haha.

But why even OFFER UP MORE MOTIVATION??? ALSO when Devs go to UVA, their students will really have something cooked up- COUNT ON IT!

OFC

I think it's a bad idea. Surprised K hasn't squashed this. One, it will make Virginia a little more focused, and two, it opens up a can of worms. They could retaliate in some fashion when we go there.

The crazies are the best, but this is a little cheap.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think this is an amazing idea. UVA lost to a 16 seed, it doesn't get worse than that. They deserve to hear about this forever. Heck, fans still taunt us for our terrible 2007 team losing to an 11 seed VCU.

If UVA isn't already motivated enough to play the most talked about and talented team in the country, in one of the most famous places to play a basketball game....well, they were doomed from the start than.

I love the idea, but the element of surprise is now gone, and thus any shock effect. This reminds me of the Crazies having the Presbyterian fan, that Roy had thrown out, show up at Cameron.

OFC

I love the idea, but the element of surprise is now gone, and thus any shock effect. This reminds me of the Crazies having the Presbyterian fan, that Roy had thrown out, show up at Cameron.

OFC

Word out from Chapel Hill is hof coach roy williams was so upset about that if the crazies pull off something like that again he will pull his team off the court, file a complaint with ACC commissioner Johnny tarheel swofford and have the game moved to the banner dome. OFC very sense uncheat got out of the AFAM scam he seems to believe that unc athletics especially the men's basketball program is entitled and privileged. If the crazies try this again and he doesn't get his way he will go to center court at CIS and pitch a fit. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT