ADVERTISEMENT

Coleman enters transfer portal

Well he hit the transfer portal anyway. So I guess now people can want Baldwin on the team.

He got 5 minutes a game this year. I believe he would 12-15 next year and be a starter his junior year. Guess that wasn’t a fast enough track for him.

Reactions: Liftee
He got 5 minutes a game this year. I believe he would 12-15 next year and be a starter his junior year. Guess that wasn’t a fast enough track for him.

If Williams leaves, yes, 12-15 minutes would be realistic. If not, his odds of receiving meaningful minutes next season would be slim. Banchero and Williams would start at the 4-5. Theo John would be the first big off the bench. That most likely would only leave spot minutes for Coleman. And who even knows what our roster might look like in 2023? One thing I do know, is we're going to continue to recruit top 25 athletes. So, HC certainly wouldn't have a starting position locked up as a junior. Would love to have him stick around longer, but can't fault him for wanting more PT.

Let's not ever say that a player is at Duke due to the education. It's all about playing time right away.

Nothing against Coleman but he wasn't ready to play more than he did last year, in my opinion, and would have had the opportunity to get some PT with Brakefield leaving. John was not going to take up PT at the 4 position.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Darn. The hits keep coming. Guess he thinks John will take his minutes. 4 out of 6 freshman gonzo.

Least favorite recruiting class in a loooooong time

I'll hold out on that notion until we see the final results from Roach and Williams. If those two are key starters on a Final Four or National Championship team then it won't seem as terrible. It's like the 2011 class that early on looked bad when Rivers, Gbinije, and Murphy left after the loss to Lehigh but then Cook and Plumlee ended up being National Champions.

Reactions: topps coach
Lol wonder how the guys on here feel now about making those stupid transfer jokes. Let’s face the facts. Nobody wants to play as a duke role or bench player. They want to have a chance to develop, and frankly that’s the vibe the staff has put out there for the past few years. Come play at duke and do your best to carry the rockstar players ( one and done) equipment. This sucks. I’ve said it since the beginning, we need transfers BAD. Too bad we missed that Davidson guard

Least favorite recruiting class in a loooooong time
More like least favorite time to be a Duke fan. The glory days are gone.
This is the trickle down affect of a watered down pro game, one with no structure. The players have too much power, they’ve greedy, and now it has flowed downhill to the college game.
K should have retired after the 19-20 season.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Best of luck to him and thanks for choosing Duke first. Just don't want him to choose cheater u. OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
Plus Another cryptic tweet from Williams today. Either stay or declare for godsake

Plus Another cryptic tweet from Williams today. Either stay or declare for godsake

Yeah, this could be read several different ways. Heartbroken over Henry leaving? But he retweeted his "don't blame me" tweet. Who the hell knows anymore though? I wish the best for Henry, hate that he's leaving though. I really don't want to lose Mark. He's the key to next season in my opinion.

More like least favorite time to be a Duke fan. The glory days are gone.
This is the trickle down affect of a watered down pro game, one with no structure. The players have too much power, they’ve greedy, and now it has flowed downhill to the college game.
K should have retired after the 19-20 season.
The players have too much power? Explain?

Man some of y’all are insufferable! It’s so easy to wish the kid well and focus on the kids who are on the roster. But, that’s too much like RIGHT!

Right or wrong, I think people are just feeling their feelings. It's a message board, so nothing shocks me. I am upset that Henry is leaving. I hope the best for him, but it still upsets me. Henry would've been a key part of this program for the future.

Plus, he seems like a great kid too. So, it sucks to lose him. But, what can we as fans do? Nothing. We will have a team next year. Just not sure who is going to be on it right now.

The players have too much power? Explain?
Pretty evident Ace. Everything is all tied together. The pro game is watered down, and they throw Monopoly money at these kids. There is no good structure from them, and it’s filtered into the college game.
I don’t fault Coleman. Hate to see him go. The players have too much control. It’s obvious to see, you just choose not to, because Duke has a good crop of kids playing well in the nba.

Pretty evident Ace. Everything is all tied together. The pro game is watered down, and they throw Monopoly money at these kids. There is no good structure from them, and it’s filtered into the college game.
I don’t fault Coleman. Hate to see him go. The players have too much control. It’s obvious to see, you just choose not to, because Duke has a good crop of kids playing well in the nba.
Wait? Are the players supposed to be slaves? I’m not understanding this “too much control and power” BS. This is a ONE time transfer that will allow all players to be eligible next season due to the pandemic. If you have the option to go to a better fit, I’d rather a player leave then stay around and cause chemistry issues. I’m sorry college has changed and some fans haven’t. I’m all for EVERYONE choosing what’s best for them (not just in basketball but in life). Would you like for someone to tell you where to go and where to work/play? You cool with that?

Right or wrong, I think people are just feeling their feelings. It's a message board, so nothing shocks me. I am upset that Henry is leaving. I hope the best for him, but it still upsets me. Henry would've been a key part of this program for the future.
Maybe it’s me, but I just don’t get why grown men are in their feelings about ANY player choosing to leave (for whatever reason). Just wish him well and go about your day. He was certainly a player for the future, but he’s not a key piece to what we have planned for next season. We don’t know why these kids are leaving Duke, but judging by the posts and others on social media, I think I possibly see why *Kanye shrug*

Maybe it’s me, but I just don’t get why grown men are in their feelings about ANY player choosing to leave (for whatever reason). Just wish him well and go about your day. He was certainly a player for the future, but he’s not a key piece to what we have planned for next season. We don’t know why these kids are leaving Duke, but judging by the posts and others on social media, I think I possibly see why *Kanye shrug*

I hear ya man. I guess I just hate to see him leave because I can see what he could be at Duke in the future. But, it is what it is. At the end of the day, there are far worse things going on in the world right now to be upset about than Duke basketball.

Reactions: Quavarius

Yeah, this could be read several different ways. Heartbroken over Henry leaving? But he retweeted his "don't blame me" tweet. Who the hell knows anymore though? I wish the best for Henry, hate that he's leaving though. I really don't want to lose Mark. He's the key to next season in my opinion.
Maybe his girlfriend dumped him

Wait? Are the players supposed to be slaves? I’m not understanding this “too much control and power” BS. This is a ONE time transfer that will allow all players to be eligible next season due to the pandemic. If you have the option to go to a better fit, I’d rather a player leave then stay around and cause chemistry issues. I’m sorry college has changed and some fans haven’t. I’m all for EVERYONE choosing what’s best for them (not just in basketball but in life). Would you like for someone to tell you where to go and where to work/play? You cool with that?
Stop with the slave comment. Jeez. But, there is a pecking order. It's really that simple. Don't spin this to a racist thing Ace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT