ADVERTISEMENT

Coby gone

Boy I'm glad he's gone. hof coach roy williams must be in total shock. 1st it's little and now white. Beyond a tragedy and castastrophe. It does open the door for a couple of top recruits that have not committed. OFC

Reactions: Dukeman
It’s going to be interesting to see how good/bad UNC is going to be next season because they’re losing 5 players that were pretty much their best 5 players.

Great decision for him and Nas...they are about to obtain life changing money...same as our guys that have decided this same way the past few seasons...especially if you are lotto

Expecting Cole Anthony to committe to cheater u any day now. From what I've seen on rivals he was going to the heels now matter what white did. What's the latest on Hurt. Is it Kansas or do we still have a shot. OFC

I am not a UNC fan, but I am going to miss Coby. He would have probably been the most exciting player in the country to watch next year. And a 20 ppg scorer.

Expecting Cole Anthony to committe to cheater u any day now. From what I've seen on rivals he was going to the heels now matter what white did. What's the latest on Hurt. Is it Kansas or do we still have a shot. OFC
We def have a shot. Duke has been trending up since his visit. Every week a new recruiting analysist put in crystal ball prediction for Duke and the now have the highest %

Yea that dude was a lot better than I thought he'd be. Imagine how fast he would have been without all that hair

Reactions: Dattier
I think he's gonna make a very good pg in the NBA after a couple of years. I don't think he's gonna be one of the top 50 NBA players of all time but a good one for years to come . He's 6'5" with amazing speed and will get faster if he cuts his hair. LIke a lot of you have said happy to see him go. OFC

I thought Carolina didn’t recruit one and dones?

I thought Carolina didn’t recruit one and dones?
They do their best to keep them. Sometimes, not even Roy can hold them back. He did manage to turn Little from a lottery pick to a late first rounder.

Reactions: Duke1783
They do their best to keep them. Sometimes, not even Roy can hold them back. He did manage to turn Little from a lottery pick to a late first rounder.

Don’t count Roy out just yet. These guys can come back if they don’t like their draft position . Roy is going to try his best to get them back for another year.

THR is already penciling in Cole Anthony and Rayjon Tucker (Arkansas-Little Rock Grad transfer, 20 ppg, 6.7 reb, 41% 3-pt) into the starting lineup. If they land those two, they'll be a formidable team next year. They're still recruiting Matthew Hurt and Precious Achiuwa, but they don't have a single crystal ball for either player.

So let's say UNC lands Anthony and Tucker...

Potential Starters:
Cole Anthony, Fr
Brandon Robinson, Sr
Rayjon Tucker, Gr
Garrison Brooks, Jr
Armando Bacot, Fr

Key Bench:
Seventh Woods, Sr
Leaky Black, So
Sterling Manley, Jr

This team could be pretty solid. Maybe not a top-10 team, but somewhere in the range of a 3-6 seed.

Reactions: Hammertime57
THR is already penciling in Cole Anthony and Rayjon Tucker (Arkansas-Little Rock Grad transfer, 20 ppg, 6.7 reb, 41% 3-pt) into the starting lineup. If they land those two, they'll be a formidable team next year. They're still recruiting Matthew Hurt and Precious Achiuwa, but they don't have a single crystal ball for either player.

Potential Starters:
Cole Anthony, Fr
Brandon Robinson, Sr
Rayjon Tucker, Gr
Garrison Brooks, Jr
Armando Bacot, Fr

Key Bench:
Seventh Woods, Sr
Leaky Black, So
Sterling Manley, Jr

This team could be pretty solid. Maybe not a top-10 team, but somewhere in the range of a 3-6 seed.
UNC will have its bumps next year. In your scenario, I see the lineup as

Anthony
Tucker
Black
Brooks
Bacot

UNC will have its bumps next year. In your scenario, I see the lineup as

Anthony
Tucker
Black
Brooks
Bacot

That's who I'd probably have in my starting lineup. But Roy tends to favor seniors over underclassmen if there isn't a significant difference in production. Hence, I think Robinson gets the nod over Leaky Black, even though I think Black has a much higher ceiling.

Potential Starters:
Cole Anthony, Fr
Brandon Robinson, Sr
Rayjon Tucker, Gr
Garrison Brooks, Jr
Armando Bacot, Fr

Key Bench:
Seventh Woods, Sr
Leaky Black, So
Sterling Manley, Jr

Roy will go with experience and start Manley over Bacot.

White really was better than anyone expected. He saved their season since Little was a disappointment.

Roy will find out that having top players is a slippery slope. You have to replace them with similar level players, who then leave again, and you have to start again. The change to the OAD rule may leave him short just like Duke.

Damn good ball player and seems like a good kid. Glad we won't have to worry about him anymore.

I thought he came in a little under the radar, but didn't think he would be that good. Glad he's gone and that's a compliment to his game.

They get Anthony Roy will start 7th

I'd throw my TV out the window.

That said, I was very surprised to see him start Coby right away over 7th this season. 7th must look as bad in practice as he does in the games.

Yeah, this one sucks but he absolutely had to leave. He's also a guy Roy can point to for future recruits to help the (well deserved) stigma that we don't have success with OADs.

Reactions: pisgah101
I'd throw my TV out the window.

That said, I was very surprised to see him start Coby right away over 7th this season. 7th must look as bad in practice as he does in the games.

Yeah, this one sucks but he absolutely had to leave. He's also a guy Roy can point to for future recruits to help the (well deserved) stigma that we don't have success with OADs.
Do you feel cole is a lock?

Do you feel cole is a lock?

From what he says/does, everyone says/does...yeah, it's really hard to see him going anywhere else. He is best friends with Bacot and Bacot has pretty much said he's coming.

But there is this little thing in the back of my mind that thinks he could be hyping this all up to shock people because he likes the spotlight. If that happens shoot me in the face and buy me some NIT tickets.

From what he says/does, everyone says/does...yeah, it's really hard to see him going anywhere else. He is best friends with Bacot and Bacot has pretty much said he's coming.

But there is this little thing in the back of my mind that thinks he could be hyping this all up to shock people because he likes the spotlight. If that happens shoot me in the face and buy me some NIT tickets.

It's rumored that many recruits don't want to play with Cole Anthony. He's a great scorer but very ball dominant. He will lead UNC in scoring next year, but UNC won't be a title contender.

It's rumored that many recruits don't want to play with Cole Anthony. He's a great scorer but very ball dominant. He will lead UNC in scoring next year, but UNC won't be a title contender.

I actually don't get it, he averaged 10.0 APG this past year at Oak Hill and if you watch the McD AA game he was always looking to pass.

The rumor is definitely out there and I think holds some weight, I just don't really understand it after watching Cole play like 10 times.

After we missed out on Josiah James and Bryan Antoine, we briefly went after Anthony Harris (4-star recruit, combo guard). He signed with Va Tech, but has since asked for a release from his ship. I wonder if UNC would target him? Seems like he has his mind set on the ACC, as he was also considering Miami and Wake Forest.

I actually don't get it, he averaged 10.0 APG this past year at Oak Hill and if you watch the McD AA game he was always looking to pass.

The rumor is definitely out there and I think holds some weight, I just don't really understand it after watching Cole play like 10 times.

Could be attitude related. I agree that's a lot of assists for a ball dominant guard.

My guess is that Leaky Black starts.

Potential Starters:
Cole Anthony, Fr
Brandon Robinson, Sr
Rayjon Tucker, Gr
Garrison Brooks, Jr
Armando Bacot, Fr

Key Bench:
Seventh Woods, Sr
Leaky Black, So
Sterling Manley, Jr

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT