ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Hurley

The K coaching tree is looking good.
Capel is going to get the first shot, probably. But those will be tough shoes to fill.

OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
Hurley Sr. coached me for a day at summer camp in 1988. Scared the bejesus out of me. Bobby & Terry Dehere were the assistants.

Reactions: dukesince91
Imagine the if Duke gets mentioned at all in this FBI probe and Capel is involved (even if the offense isn’t bad enough to effect his job as an assistant at Duke) then that could top the scales toward K and Duke bringing in Hurley as HC versus Capel. Nolan Smith is becoming a stud recruiter and between him, Scheyer and James, we would be fine on the recruiting trail with Hurley as HC and Capel elsewhere as a HC.

Personally, I thought Bobby did not represent himself last evening. Intensity is one thing, but to lose control of oneself is quite another. I have watched K for decades and sometimes he gets very, very miffed. But he never , EVER, looks like he has lost control, especially to a point that he can't speak to or rally his team when they need him during a timeout.

Is Bobby Hurley one of the greatest, if not the greatest, point guards in ACC history? Beyond a doubt. But being a truly awesome player is different than being a truly awesome coach. The jury is still out on whether Bobby Hurley will become that.

Reactions: Mac9192
It’s basically whatever name is hot. Last year we had people clamoring for Chris Collins to be the next coach. Today it is Bobby.

The job is going to Jeff Capel.

Reactions: skysdad
I remember UNC fans crowing about Deans coaching tree twenty years ago, and laughing because they didn't think K had one... ignoring the fact that Dean had been doing it for decades longer.

Now? Hurley, Brey, Collins, Snyder, etc etc etc... we've got some good ones.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT