ADVERTISEMENT

Champions classic- anyone going?

I'll be there. Not familiar with banker's life or the area around it. Guess I just assumed it was at Lucas Oil like 2015 was. Anyone have any suggestions for what to do before and after the game I'm all ears.

Reactions: PixelDevil
I was going, but have decided not to.
I am just going to a fellow Duke fans house that has a killer man cave set up. We will grill, drink, and cheer.

Reactions: youngman42
The only reason I am getting to go is because I have enough Southwest and Marriott points to cover both. Without them there’s no chance I’d go. Only has to fork out $300 for the tickets....guess that’s the only benefit of traveling a bunch for work.

Reactions: PixelDevil
The only reason I am getting to go is because I have enough Southwest and Marriott points to cover both. Without them there’s no chance I’d go. Only has to fork out $300 for the tickets....guess that’s the only benefit of traveling a bunch for work.
Trying to find out which hotel we are staying in right now, I didn't book it but was told it was about 5 miles from Bankers life. Figured we would just Uber around before and after the game. Got the tickets for about 250 a piece which was almost face value. Thank god because last I looked tickets were up to 1300 to 2000 a piece.

I'll be there. Have some friends from college who live in Indy so I got a free couch to sleep on.
As far as the Indy bar scene goes...it's fantastic. Indy is one of those cities where it seems like it was created to host large sporting events. All of the good bars are centrally located downtown, and are a 5-10 min walk to Bankers Life.
If the weather is halfway descent, there will be a lot of downtown party tents too.

Nice guys! Well be in the Fairfield inn downtown. About a mile and a half walk. Shouldn’t be too bad

Ah St. Elmo’s. Never been. We have reservations at the Oceanaire (my wife likes fish). I’m assuming Elmo’s has fish too? Which would you recommend?

I’m a steak guy, so I take Elmo’s 10 out of 10 times. And I’m sure they have fish, but that would be like going to a good barbecue place and ordering a cheeseburger. :D

I will be there. I am going to arrive on Monday afternoon (may go to the rockets and pacers game that night) and then the champions classic on Tuesday night. Like jwill said, the bar scene/night life is fantastic in Indy. Kilroys has 26 different Long Island flavors that they sell in 32 oz pitchers which will get you in trouble. There is not a bad seat in Bankers Life Fieldhouse. I am up for meeting up with any of you on Monday and/or Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT