ADVERTISEMENT

Capel to Pitt

Or K plans to coach a lot longer than expected.
Really hope this is the case and not that K has 1-2 years left and they aren’t giving any guarantees as to who our next coach would be.

Does this open up a spot on the bench for someone new? I think Amile would be great but he’s playing too well in the G league. Maybe Paulus? I’d love to see Battier as one of our coaches but I don’t see that happening.

This WILL sting (not kill) recruiting. Capel had SERIOUS impact for us. LOL where did the wires get crossed that it was going to be Jon?

Good luck Jeff!

Wow it gets better and better!!!....not ...this is I don’t want to even get into how bad it is, the sense it makes, domino effect?, and what it means

Wonder if any of our guys will join him, both coaches and players...

That is the first thing I thought of - does he take Jon with him? Even with the potential transfer amendment, I can't imagine he would poach any players from K.

Duke will be fine - over the years they have lost the services of guys like Mike Brey, Tommy Amaker, Quinn Snyder, Chris Collins, Wojo, etc., and the beat goes on.

Reactions: Ndnyg39 and vcugreg
I am sure it means a lot more money. And, I doubt there was ever a guarantee that he was the head coach in waiting. With K still the coach , it might not be a drop off for recruiting anyhow. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Could also be a good time to prove you can not only recruit , but coach before taking a better job ....??? Who knows ! Lol if he does good it imo ups his chances of getting the Duke job ..And yes he would take it ...This can help him or hurt him... if even that’s reality ....to sum it up he can still be the HC in waiting (if he was) ...going to pitt doesn’t change that imo but can affect both good and bad ...but it imo does hurt our recruiting in the meantime ..and I’m not happy!!!!!! :( but wish him the best :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jnastasi
This means a few things IMO.
1. K ain't going anywhere for a while 5 years plus left.

2.Duke will get the best coach possible when K retires.

3. One and done is about over (praise God) and if it hurts "recruiting" we will get the guys that will stick around still

Good luck Jeff I think it's a great opportunity

Dang- saw last night he was supposedly the one being interviewed but I didn’t believe it

If true Thanks Jeff for all you’ve done over the years and best of luck!

Reactions: Dr. von Yinzer
Does this affect any of our 2019 guys. We need to get the guys we are favored for because even with those guys with y’all of 2018 class will be going pro we need them all to compete. But on the other hand if it hurts us with these guys I’m sure we still get at least one every year and get mult year players. Just interested to see how this came about so quickly and why he left

I actually didn’t think Capel was ready to coach Duke anyway butttttttt.....(ready) keyword ....sad to see him leave ..and to Pitt makes it worse! Lol but if he turns that around my god!!! Roll out the red carpet !! Lol trying think positive

I should add to mine I would take Jeff as head coach and when I say beat coach possible I include him in that. I would be more than happy to have him next

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT