ADVERTISEMENT

As much as I dislike Calipari,

Bod1ne

Recruit
Feb 18, 2018
I loved what he had to say in his post game presser about the effort it takes to win in the tournament. I'm sure K has expressed this to his guys as well.

"I told them in this tournament you enjoy wins, but you still need to learn that if we played the way we played in the second half, it’s been a heck of a year, but you’re not advancing, doesn’t matter who you play. You’ve got to play 40 minutes and fight like heck and then go back to the hotel room and pass out. And then get a day in between."

That's the best effort I've seen Duke play with all year on defense. Active hands, active feet, no one ball watching and flat footed. But there were lulls in there that Iona used to close the gap a couple times in the first half. Hopefully that game tape will help the boys see that even a couple minutes of poor effort can cost the team huge in this environment.

Bagley routinely gives 100% effort for 90 seconds, then lets up for 10. Grayson does the same crap sometimes. Winners fight for 100 seconds out of 100. You might lose anyway, but at least then it because the other team is bigger or better. Running and getting your hands up might not translate into a steal, but it makes it hard for the other team to get the ball where they want it. Every step and reach counts. Fight fight fight and then walk slowly when you're headed for the bus.

Reactions: Mpm277
That’s why I believe in developing depth IF YOU CAN so nobody think I’m taking a shot at K.

Always good to have CAPABLE guys on the bench so if your starters want to act a fool with effort you can pull they butt out of there and not hurt the team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT