ADVERTISEMENT

Are you all worried?

That’s possible. I don’t think the majority of responders knew he had posted anywhere else.

Here’s the thing... I hang around Rafters a bit, because they talk about Duke constantly. And they are just so angry, immediately, at any Duke fan posting, that the vast majority of them cannot even have a rational, reasonable discussion about anything basketball. They are just too busy talking trash and getting angry. I feel like we should be above that, you know? And I don’t want to see us just going after rival posters out of knee jerk reaction.
I totally agree. I and others may have assumed he was a troll too soon. You’re right on how Duke fans are treated at RR. We should be better than that. But, I think the OP in this thread did eventually show his true colors and was appropriately banned.

I’m all for have some UK guys come over and discuss hoops provided they act somewhat civilized lol

When it starts off with " Hey I'm a fellow Kentucky fan and I come in peace " is a dead give away. " I'm a fellow Kentucky ? " Give us a break. Then I'll hang up and listen and right away goes into troll mode. dj's line of He's actally been disconnected may be the best ever. OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
When it starts off with " Hey I'm a fellow Kentucky fan and I come in peace " is a dead give away. " I'm a fellow Kentucky ? " Give us a break. Then I'll hang up and listen and right away goes into troll mode. dj's line of He's actally been disconnected may be the best ever. OFC

You guys know how the thr mods like to put that cute little tombstone up when they ban someone. I think the term "he's been disconnected "is so much better. OFC

Yeah. Really!! "I'm a fellow ky fan", is how you address a room full of Duke fans??

You guys know how the thr mods like to put that cute little tombstone up when they ban someone. I think the term "he's been disconnected "is so much better. OFC

Yeah, that was a nice play off of his hang up and listen comment!!!

That’s possible. I don’t think the majority of responders knew he had posted anywhere else.

Here’s the thing... I hang around Rafters a bit, because they talk about Duke constantly. And they are just so angry, immediately, at any Duke fan posting, that the vast majority of them cannot even have a rational, reasonable discussion about anything basketball. They are just too busy talking trash and getting angry. I feel like we should be above that, you know? And I don’t want to see us just going after rival posters out of knee jerk reaction.

I totally agree. I and others may have assumed he was a troll too soon. You’re right on how Duke fans are treated at RR. We should be better than that. But, I think the OP in this thread did eventually show his true colors and was appropriately banned.

I like RR. I find the content pretty entertaining, the regulars are smart, and the group is so large that they tend to be pretty brutal in their self-policing.

AND they might get upset, or angry, or irrational (some are very good at irrational), BUT for the most part they are not bitter. I find the guys over at THR just to be bitter and self-delusional. I post over at RR often enough. I don't try and post on anything other than Duke threads. And I try and not be an a$$ about what I post.

Why? Because in general I'd like to think that I'm not an a$$hole -- so why give someone the opportunity to peg me as one? I think getting to the other sites gives me a good dose of getting out of any echo chamber. Besides, it makes me glad to be a part of this community. Still think this is the best board by far.

Anyone that comes to our board and tries to tell us about our issues is a troll, no matter how they phrase it. Same would ring true no matter what home board it is.

Its a bit funny to me when someone points to one specific thing like a zone being a blueprint for anything. Scoring in the zone hasn't really been an issue after some adjustments. We scored in the 90s against what is historically the best zone team in the country. One that plays it exclusively. Defense (and health, which directly relates to the defense) was our issue in that one. Heck, we scored 40 points in the second half of our last game after finally waking up and getting a little focused. Sure zone will slow teams down, but if everyone is really thinking this is how you stop Duke, they are going to have plenty of experience with it by the time the tournament rolls around. Then what? Duke is beatable, but its going to take more than just a zone to win. You still have to be able to make shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukesince91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT