ADVERTISEMENT

Are you all worried?

Nov 18, 2005
Hey I’m a fellow Kentucky fan and I come in peace. Just watching the game today,are you worried about when you all get in the tourney better teams playing zone? Syracuse and first half G Tech gave you all much trouble. I’ll hang up and listen

Honestly, yes I am. Seems like the blueprint has been laid, and we only have 2 scorers. For the first time in a while our defense is solid.
Not sure if Cam will become more consistent offensively. Free throws don’t concern me, outside shooting does.

Hey I’m a fellow Kentucky fan and I come in peace. Just watching the game today,are you worried about when you all get in the tourney better teams playing zone? Syracuse and first half G Tech gave you all much trouble. I’ll hang up and listen
Smh. Are u worried that for all the talent cal has had he has one title in a decade?

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
That Syracuse game was a loss but that game wasnt a normal loss. Two starters were out and Syracuse shot lights out

Reactions: Dad2ze
We wont play a better team than uva and we beat them without our team mvp

Worried? No. Is it a concern? Probably. We’re not a good outside shooting team. We’ve proven we can be (you should remember that) at times m, though.

Luckily, we have the best player in the country, another guy who’s a top 10 player, one of the better defenses and the captain of our ship (Tre) getting reacclimated.

So, yes, shooting is a concern. It’s probably the only one. And I’d venture to guess we might be the only team in the country with just a single concern.

Last edited:
Reactions: WI#1Dukie22
I'm not worried. The committee will undoubtedly give us the easiest path to the F4. We'll probably see teams like Kansas State and Seton Hall. Probably get Alabama as the 2 seed in our region.

I'm not worried. The committee will undoubtedly give us the easiest path to the F4. We'll probably see teams like Kansas State and Seton Hall. Probably get Alabama as the 2 seed in our region.

Man....I hope we don't have to play that Kansas state dynasty!!

I know you can’t help being the a** u are, but it’s amazing Duke is so much on your mind that u literally have to come over to our board after a win and try and get some sort of approval from Duke fans!

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
And with Tre in there, we were on our way to blowing that game wide open!
I’m not trying to be a a**,I was just wanting to know if the Duke faithful were concerned about teams that may play zone defenses when you get in the tournament.Outside shooting seems to be a weakness with this particular team.

I’m sure other teams are starting to take notice and will adjust accordingly.

Not worried even a little bit. We come to play when the lights shine bright. These are youngsters. They’re gonna play down to competition in most of these games

I’m not trying to be a a**,I was just wanting to know if the Duke faithful were concerned about teams that may play zone defenses when you get in the tournament.Outside shooting seems to be a weakness with this particular team.

I’m sure other teams are starting to take notice and will adjust accordingly.
I just find it hilariously funny that after picking up a win, u come over here with that question. Why not pose that question right after we played GT? Anyway to answer your question, every team has a concern or concerns leading up all the way to March. Like Dukiejay said it might be a bit of a concern, but Duke has proven they can be a good shooting team. Honestly, I have noticed Duke comes out strong and plays like they are supposed to against good competiton. I honestly think that in this game, Duke just came out very lackadaisical because of who they were playing and when they had the o sh*t moment of being down eight and realized they just couldn’t show up in this game, we saw Duke come back to life and play like they were supposed to. And still won the game by double digits.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
No.

You know people kill me with are we worried about this or that, our outside shooting will be our demise, or the blue print to beating duke is the zone! First off we have Zion and RJ and nobody else does. We have Tre ball hawking people out of their normal offensive sets. Then you have Cam who at any time can catch fire and light you up. A great bench.

But the biggest thing is, there is only one team I know of that plays zone completely as their base defense and Duke could of beat them without Tre and Cam. Every other team that tries to throw it at Duke will have problems containing our slashers. It goes both ways, but people tend to see it as Duke can't shoot so why not just zone them. Not as easy to do if it's your back up strategery, which for the most part, a team may try and add it to what they do.

Then just like everybody that has tried to zone Duke, what's their back up plan when they either start hitting the outside shots, or start attacking the zone, which that team is not use to playing? We can what if it to death, but it's easier for the GOAT to adjust with what Duke has compared to a coach trying to adjust to stopping what Duke does.

Funny a Ky "I come in Peace" fan, that team tried that after getting their ass handed to them man to man, found out for about 38 min Duke adjusted to what ever they tried to do. Bottom line is good luck thinking their is a early blueprint to beating Duke with a zone. Trust me, Duke has the horses to adjust and the right little jockey holding the reins.

giphy.gif

Still happy you guys didn’t land this fat guy?

“Here’s a pass to Laettner”...let you guys finish the rest
Yes, but doesn’t the “98” game were you all blew a 17 point lead against us with less than 8 minutes to go(elite 8 game also) and we go on and win the championship cancel that out?

Yes, but doesn’t the “98” game were you all blew a 17 point lead against us with less than 8 minutes to go(elite 8 game also) and we go on and win the championship cancel that out?
Looks like another lost kitten got brave and got out of the fense. Somebody call animal control!

Reactions: FearTheBeard

Funny you mention that. I pose that same question to UK fans all the time but they never seem to be able to get over it regardless. Like you guys worry so much about us over one shot, it really does amaze me, especially after 98.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
It does suck that they always show that shot KY made in the 98 game EVERY. SINGLE. MARCH. We’re forced to be reminded of it every time the best play in college basketball gets brought up, the worst coaching decision to not guard the inbounder, the best college players & coach of all time, etc...

Oh...wait...

You mean the game you won with a coach most of your fan base despises? Along with your coach before that? No.

giphy.gif
I don’t think anyone up here despises Tubby.The last few seasons he just quit recruiting ,(see Kevin Durant).I think he just thought after he won it ,players would come here no matter what.

Pitino on the other hand.That would be like K going a few miles up the road to UNC so you get the picture there.

I don’t think anyone up here despises Tubby.The last few seasons he just quit recruiting ,(see Kevin Durant).I think he just thought after he won it ,players would come here no matter what.

Pitino on the other hand.That would be like K going a few miles up the road to UNC so you get the picture there.

Rupp almost coached at Duke after he was forced to retire at KY (thankfully it didn’t happen and Duke is not forever associated with that bigot). Would you hate him if he had?

https://www.interbasket.net/news/4546/2009/09/former-hoops-star-recalls-adolph-rupps-racism/amp/

Every non Duke fan comes in peace and sooner or later most of them turn troll. The come in peace grpeeting is usually a dead give away. Just saying. I'll hang up and listen. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT