ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one....

SoCal_Dukie3

Cameron Crazy
Jul 8, 2017
East Coast & West Coast
who cannot wait for the Duke/UVA game? I know UVA is tough defensively, but I have a feeling this Duke team is going to give the an absolute fit. I just don't see how they can stop Bagley and Carter, even with the pack-line D.

Thoughts on this game?

I have to agree. Duke isn’t relying on the three and UVA will have to defend inside out and Dukes length and size is gonna be tough to match but I can see UVA getting our players into foul trouble.

I SWEAR I was just thinking about the same thing. I was actually looking at their stats and figuring up how many points they allow per game. I was more interested in when they play what I consider a "non cupcake".
From what I looked at, those teams that I consider real are averaging 56 points per game against them. Our offense against their defense and style of play is going to be really interesting.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
We are good at the entry feed. I have a feeling this will be enough to open things up. Bagley and Carter should pass more than they’re used to.

We are good at the entry feed. I have a feeling this will be enough to open things up. Bagley and Carter should pass more than they’re used to.
I hope you're right. The one game where Bagley kind of struggled was the Boston College game. He was double teamed and didn't look good. Allen and Trent need to be on to stretch them out.
Coach K has done pretty well against Bennett. Speed them up. If we can get out ahead of them it will get them out of their comfort zone.

Just do what we've done the last few times: run and score before their defense can even set up. We've got a good team for that.

That's why it's important that we don't lose any more conference games. We play UVA once--at home--and K has beaten UVA four consecutive times. Looking at their schedule, I'm not sure who else is going to beat them, so if we can beat them, we can stay close to them for No. 1 seed in the ACC Tournament.

This Duke team has fared well against the better defensive teams on our schedule (Texas, MSU and Miami) all had/have Top 10 ranked defenses. UVA is No. 1, but our athletes and having home court should be enough.

And, too, UVA may have more separation in the standings that they might not try to win at Duke.

They will definitely double the post entry...it's what they've always done and they are good at it too. Hitting them early, like a few people said above will be key. More importantly being locked in in defense so everything is a real struggle for them too. You can't force them into a shoot out, but you can keep them in the 60s which gave us a chance to win. If we arent focuswd and give up easy ones then it will be hard to score enough to beat them.

Also, just because of their style of play I feel like they will lose a few more, probably to some mid-level teams. When you like to play slow one good shooting night can do you in quick.

We have owned UVA throughout the years, has Bennett ever beaten K other than the ACC finals in 2014?? A worry I would have about this game is basically how our roster is constructed. Pretty simple, we usually have a great shooting team and seem to always hit huge 3's against them.

UVA has owned UNC throughout the years, what worries me is we are basically constructed as a UNC team (on steroids), but UVA seems to handle teams that don't rain 3's on them, they don't let teams play volleyball on the glass. Ultimately, since it's in Cameron, I think we win.

Reactions: Quavarius
We have owned UVA throughout the years, has Bennett ever beaten K other than the ACC finals in 2014?? A worry I would have about this game is basically how our roster is constructed. Pretty simple, we usually have a great shooting team and seem to always hit huge 3's against them.

UVA has owned UNC throughout the years, what worries me is we are basically constructed as a UNC team (on steroids), but UVA seems to handle teams that don't rain 3's on them, they don't let teams play volleyball on the glass. Ultimately, since it's in Cameron, I think we win.

I was thinking the same thing. UVA has handled UNC, but Roy's system is easy to beat if you don't have elite athletes cause he ain't making no dag gum adjustments, unlike K. And like you said, since it's at home, I like Duke in a close one.

Hopefully by that game, Grayson will be on again, to go with Trent and a surprising Duval on the perimeter. Also, Bags and Carter have shown they can hit the 3 as well.

Reactions: jwill133
I can’t wait for this game! I can’t wait to see how Duke’s offense goes up against Virginia’s stingy defense.

If you compare the UVA players to the Duke players on paper it's win for Duke but with as good as UVA is on D it might come down to free throws and that could hurt us unless we surprise at the stripe.

I don't know their team very well. I looked at the guys who log most of the minutes and found that they have one guy at 6' 9" and a couple at 6' 7".
It would seem to me that if we can get the ball to them, Bags and Carter should be able to have their way. And if that goes on long enough, hopefully Trent and Grayson will be on for the kick outs.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT