ADVERTISEMENT

Alford out at UCLA

How about Larry Brown. He just seems to recycle himself. OFC

Rick Pitino. But he may bring something with him to Westwood that not even Ajax could clean.

Reactions: skysdad
Tough times in the PAC12 in both football and basketball. Not sure why the whole conference seems to be in a downward spiral since history has shown they can compete. Ebbs and flows I suppose.

Tough times in the PAC12 in both football and basketball. Not sure why the whole conference seems to be in a downward spiral since history has shown they can compete. Ebbs and flows I suppose.
Basketball wise, Arizona has the number 1 recruiting class next season along with returning everyone so they should be a top 5 team, USC has a top 5 class too, Hurley is doing good things at ASU, and UCLA is just weird. Hopefully they can finally get a decent hire and get back to being respectful. It’s good for college basketball when UCLA is good.

I'd like to see Seth Greenberg get back into coaching. He seems to know everything from that stool he sits on at halftime. UCLA would be a great job for him. Don't think it will happen. It would be nice if some program would hire him. OFC

I'd like to see Seth Greenberg get back into coaching. He seems to know everything from that stool he sits on at halftime. UCLA would be a great job for him. Don't think it will happen. It would be nice if some program would hire him. OFC
If that means i never have to hear him talk again then I’m all for it but they can do much better than that shmuck.

Or maybe Digger Phelps.
OFC

Jay Bilas. He knows it all, and I believe he is from Southern California.

I think Jay's too smart for that. He's the best in his field right now so why all the headaches. OFC

Greenburg has a cake gig right now. No stress, no recruiting and light travel. He would make more money coaching, but he’s doing fine for himself now and made plenty when coaching. If I were him, I’d just keep going the schmuck route.
...and even with the cake gig he comes off as bitter. Hope the guy can find some happy somewhere other than TV

What about Matt Doherty . He can recruit. In fact he recruited the cheater team that cheated their way to hof coach roy williams 1st tainted natty. As far as #knew goes #deanknew #mattknew , #johnny tarheel swofford knew and beyond the shadow of a doubt #royknew. OFC

No. Roy knew before he didn’t know.

Reactions: skysdad
They won't hire him due to lack of experience, but I feel like Scheyer would be good for that job someday if he doesn't get the Duke job eventually. He can recruit, he can coach, has the temperament.

They won't hire him due to lack of experience, but I feel like Scheyer would be good for that job someday if he doesn't get the Duke job eventually. He can recruit, he can coach, has the temperament.

I don't want any of Duke's former guys to take the UCLA job. Frankly, it has become a place where coaching careers go to die. UCLA'a AD and fans have unrealistic expectations, and are delusional about their attractiveness as a program.
Frankly, I doubt any college program can succeed in one of the major metropolitan areas of the nation. Miami is probably the most successful program in a major city in the US over the last 1-2 decades.
LA is a great town to live in, if you are rich and famous. And I mean movie/tv famous, not athlete famous. For many college hoops players, LA is a town full of cool places that the athlete cannot afford to go to, and beautiful people who have no interest in the athletes.
At Duke, or UK, or KU, or MSU, college athletes are the kings of the town. They don't wait in line, and rarely pick up the check. They are just tall dudes in NYC, LA, etc.
Further, given the nature and importance of TV coverage, going east is a smart play for college athletes.
But UCLA fans don't understand why they can't play in the FF ever other year. And they aren't happy unless they are a dominant program, which I'm not sure is achievable at this moment in time.

Remember when Shaka Smart was the rage of young up and becoming coaches. He's sort of struggled at Texas although he done the unc cheating u in. Could UCLA go after him. OFC

Reactions: jwill133
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT