ADVERTISEMENT

Alex is gone

I really liked the kid. When me and my family went to the autograph session a couple years ago, when me and my wife were getting close to him, he couldn't take his eyes off of my then 8 month old son. He smiled so big when we got to him and when we told him his name was Grayson, he smiled even bigger. He really is a down to earth and genuine young man and sometimes you have to appreciate that just as much as talent in a Duke uniform. I'll miss him. Good Luck Alex.

I was not claiming to be Duke’stradamus by predicting AOC’s transfer..

And if a few people here and there mentioning he could likely transfer qualifies as “the whole board predicting the transfer”, then the whole board is predicting Joey and Hurt to transfer as well.. and the whole board has predicted basically every Duke role player the last 5 years to transfer.

This isn’t that big of a surprise.

He never really had a huge shot at being all he could be at Duke. Coach has always had his short list of players that had 0% chance of making mistakes and still staying on the floor. As long as AOC came out of the box hot he played. But a mistake on defense, and there were a lot, but he was yanked and sat on the bench to cheer the rest of the game. I have always felt he was better than he showed at Duke. Hopefully he will shine at his next stop.

Alex needed to go elsewhere if wants to play more that a few minutes a game. I always liked him but we all knew he was a sometimes good sub but not a dependable scorer. I hope he does great elsewhere.

My understanding as of last night anyway was that he was not in the transfer protocol as a grad transfer and that all signs were he is going to have to sit out a year. It can't be easy to graduate from Duke in three years while playing basketball all three of those years.

Has anyone seen anything official to the contrary?

Wish him the best. Really thought after his freshman year that he'd be a great player in his later years at Duke. Hope he's a great player for someone else - just not in the ACC!

My understanding as of last night anyway was that he was not in the transfer protocol as a grad transfer and that all signs were he is going to have to sit out a year. It can't be easy to graduate from Duke in three years while playing basketball all three of those years.

Has anyone seen anything official to the contrary?

Wish him the best. Really thought after his freshman year that he'd be a great player in his later years at Duke. Hope he's a great player for someone else - just not in the ACC!

I’ve actually noticed that too. Maybe he’s not graduating as we’ve all suspected, although I swear it was said in a Rivals or 247 article.

Either way, good luck to him.

I’ve said this before.. but AOC is the type of player that if he was on an Atlantic-10 caliber team and Duke played them.. he would light us up for 30 points, going 6/8 from three..

— And if Alex does have to sit out a year, that may not be the worst thing for him.. it would allow him to put on a little muscle and adapt to a non-Coach K style of coaching.

Best of luck to him. Seems like a good kid. Hate it never really worked out for him at Duke. I'll always pull for him, unless he plays us.

Alex would be better off going to a team that plays some zone. I hope he does well and he deserves a chance to show his talent. I would love to see him at Georgetown with McClure.

Georgia will probably get him. Close to home. Crean will hide his deficiencies.

Best of luck to Alex. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him have a big year next year no matter where he goes.

I'd like to see him end up at Georgia and go off against UK. He did rain a few 3's on them last year in what some would call the November Massacre.

AOC has the ability to be nasty. Just not at Duke or in the ACC. I wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Best of luck to Alex,he's a smart kid,graduating in three years,hopefully he gets to enjoy his final year of College Baketball tho as someone earlier mentioned,the College game seemed to be a bit overwhelming for him.

Reactions: jwill133
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT