ADVERTISEMENT

Alex is gone

Sad to hear. We were all hoping to see him take the next step every year he was here. He has the talent, but just couldn’t put it all together for whatever reason and even regressed in some ways from his freshman year. Hope he finds success at his next stop.

Hopefully that means Cassius is coming back or Towns is coming in. Or both would be nice. If neither happens then losing him hurts.

Good luck to him. I’m sure he’s just looking for more playing time. I don’t think he was ever getting that here

Does anyone know if he’s expected to graduate this year? If so then he won’t have to sit out next season but if he’s not expected to graduate this year then he’ll have to sit our next season.

It’s weird how his 3 point shooting got worse each season. He’s got the talent to score a lot of points at a smaller school.

As for Duke, I think Alex left because either
A. Steward is gonna be really really good and possibly the hidden gem of next years class.
B. Cassius.

Liked the kid. Other than a handful of games, he never fit. A really good athlete, just couldn’t put it together. Six? coming in, and the writing is on the wall.
Wish him the best.

Reactions: bullcity gamer
Thanks for the years Alex. With he and Javin gone, who will everyone complain about? Next year will be a without anykind of leadership.

I hate to see him leave, but I had a feeling with what we had coming in and him graduating, that this was a real possibility. Good luck Alex. Thanks for everything!!!!
OFC

Wish him well. Seemed to be a good teammate. He improved while he was here and showed some flashes of very good basketball but just wasn’t able to put it all together consistently

Like many of you I wish the best for Alex.
I believe, with consistent playing time he can get on a mid major or even another major team and be effective. I feel like he is the type of player that needs time to get in rythem. That stroke is smooth and consistent.

I believe this is a heavy indicaitor that Towns commits tonight. K probably told Alex and alex saw the writing on the wall. Good luck to the kid hope he breaks out wherever he decides to go.

Reactions: bullcity gamer
Good decision if he gets the minutes wherever he goes... may be good news on the Cassius and or Towns fronts..

I was calling this as soon as I realized he was going to be able to be a grad transfer and not have to sit out..

I hope he goes to a smaller conference and can get all the minutes and shots he wants.. unfortunately, if he goes to another big program, I don’t see him getting much more opportunity than he had at Duke.

I was calling this as soon as I realized he was going to be able to be a grad transfer and not have to sit out..

I hope he goes to a smaller conference and can get all the minutes and shots he wants.. unfortunately, if he goes to another big program, I don’t see him getting much more opportunity than he had at Duke.

I think the entire board was calling it lol!

Reactions: pisgah101 and GAAP
Like many of you I wish the best for Alex.
I believe, with consistent playing time he can get on a mid major or even another major team and be effective. I feel like he is the type of player that needs time to get in rythem. That stroke is smooth and consistent.

I believe this is a heavy indicaitor that Towns commits tonight. K probably told Alex and alex saw the writing on the wall. Good luck to the kid hope he breaks out wherever he decides to go.
From what I understand Towns doesn’t even have an offer.

Bummed to see him go. All year last year I was waiting for him to become a solid, consistent contributor/shooter and help put that team over the top.
Good luck to him.

Reactions: dbav
It never completely clicked for him, but he always seemed like a hard worker and a good teammate. Best of luck to him where ever he lands!

I think Alex was gone as soon as we got more

Quote 30 members of this board that said Alex was likely going to transfer while the season was going on..

Looks like you don’t read here very much - it’s been speculated since the end of his Freshman season. If you want attention and notoriety, you may want to go out on a limb on your next prediction! Haha - just busting your balls a bit.

Looks like you don’t read here very much - it’s been speculated since the end of his Freshman season. If you want attention and notoriety, you may want to go out on a limb on your next prediction! Haha - just busting your balls a bit.
I was not claiming to be Duke’stradamus by predicting AOC’s transfer..

And if a few people here and there mentioning he could likely transfer qualifies as “the whole board predicting the transfer”, then the whole board is predicting Joey and Hurt to transfer as well.. and the whole board has predicted basically every Duke role player the last 5 years to transfer.

Reactions: jamsession3
I’m sorry but this another case where a lot of people were constantly saying he’s gonna transfer and those who did were laughed off or insulted.

but let’s face it, most the time when talk and rumors start about a guy transferring, he does in fact transfer.

now not always, but I mean.... it feels like if it seems like a guy will transfer, he likely will.

and for the record, I was not one of the ones who called it so I’m not taking credit for anything

I was not claiming to be Duke’stradamus by predicting AOC’s transfer..

And if a few people here and there mentioning he could likely transfer qualifies as “the whole board predicting the transfer”, then the whole board is predicting Joey and Hurt to transfer as well.. and the whole board has predicted basically every Duke role player the last 5 years to transfer.

Yea, the board in entirety is typically accurate. Good call :)

Alex reminds me of Billy McCaffrey...so much potential but didnt quite breakthrough at Duke. Hopefully he sees similar success at his next stop as Billy did. I wish him well.

It’s weird how his 3 point shooting got worse each season. He’s got the talent to score a lot of points at a smaller school.

As for Duke, I think Alex left because either
A. Steward is gonna be really really good and possibly the hidden gem of next years class.
B. Cassius.
C he wants to play

Reactions: Fourteen44
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT