ADVERTISEMENT

ACC/SEC Challenge

Arkansas in November should be a much better team than UK. Arkansas’ arena will be much louder and more hostile than Rupp. Rupp reminds me of the Dean Dome, it’s nothing but rich old guys sitting in the lower bowl. Never seems noisy through the TV. Arkansas will be a better win.

But still, Kentucky would have been more fun.

Reactions: BlueBlackNWhite
I seem to recall that Musselman made no secret of his feeling that Duke got the calls in Arkansas' loss to Duke in 2022. Not saying there was any basis but that's the way he saw it.

I'm sure he'll be working the refs hard in this one.

Are you telling me that the Kentucky matchup was just a rumor spread on the internet? I thought there was someone who verified all info before it goes online. o_O
Yeah, the fact-checkers sure missed this one. Obviously it was a conspiracy theory, Russian Disinformation, a false flag, a narrative, and gaslighting. Did I miss any?
OFC

Very disappointed it's not Kentucky. I think we go in there and smack them. Arkansas is a much better team.

Arizona, Michigan State, Arkansas and Baylor so far. Yikes

Reactions: christophero
I heard Kentucky fans were at the doors of the espn headquarters with pitchforks demanding that they do not match their mens basketball team with Duke, because Kentucky fans didn’t want to get blown out by 35 points again at the hands of Duke!!!

Maybe this challenge will do a better job of rotating opponents yearly. Did we ever play anyone besides Sparty in the Big 10 challenge? Doesn’t seem like it

Reactions: pisgah101
It seemed like Indiana and Ohio State were the only other regulars Duke would face in the challenge.
Still mad about that loss at Ohio State. Those refs were god awful.

I still blame that loss for derailing K's final season from being more special that it could have been.

Strange to think we embarrassed Purdue at Purdue and michigan State at Michigan State.

We also played Michigan, Illiinois, Iowa, and Wisky. Saw us beat Iowa in Chicago in 02-03

Reactions: KDSTONE
3 impressions from that brief practice video. Reeves has bulked up, Young has slimmed down and Power can shoot.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimboSlice00
I seem to recall that Musselman made no secret of his feeling that Duke got the calls in Arkansas' loss to Duke in 2022. Not saying there was any basis but that's the way he saw it.

They all say that. Rationalization of convenience.

The same game where Duke was up by like 18 with 3 minutes left? Muss is a clown. Look at how he reacted to his team getting out of the second round last year.

Reactions: bullettoothtony
Reeves looks nice in that practice video. Hopefully this means he has a full off-season ahead of him.

Last edited:
Maybe this challenge will do a better job of rotating opponents yearly. Did we ever play anyone besides Sparty in the Big 10 challenge? Doesn’t seem like it
Illinois x3
Iowa
OSU x5
MSU x 5
Indiana x5
Wisky x3
Purdue
Michigan
20-4 (10-1 Home) (6-3 Away) (4-0 Neutral)
Losses against:
Illinois @ home 2020
OSU 2021
OSU 2011
Wisky 2009

Reactions: GillJET
Illinois x3
Iowa
OSU x5
MSU x 5
Indiana x5
Wisky x3
Purdue
Michigan
20-4 (10-1 Home) (6-3 Away) (4-0 Neutral)
Losses against:
Illinois @ home 2020
OSU 2021
OSU 2011
Wisky 2009
Didn’t a singler team play at Purdue? With Henderson? Purdue had Hummel….

Wait I was thrown off by the “x” thinking Purdue meant never played. Oy vey.

Anyways, this was a nice win:

wanted Kentucky
Arkansas is the tougher opponent and playing at Bud Walton Arena will be insane. Arkansas doesn’t lose home games and this will be the most hostile crowd Duke has faced in years (possibly since the Zion Duke team).

Way off topic but I saw Indy 5 tonight and really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun. Much better than the last one.
It got decent ratings on Rotten Tomatoes -- 68% critics, 89% audience. The previous one got 77% critics and only 53% audience.

Arkansas is the tougher opponent and playing at Bud Walton Arena will be insane. Arkansas doesn’t lose home games and this will be the most hostile crowd Duke has faced in years (possibly since the Zion Duke team).
That is just what we need. We have 4 starters back so we should be prepared. Even if we lose it will prepare us for ACC play.

Reactions: Devilinside
^ right on Chris. Teams do not get better by beating up on smaller schools throughout the non conference. Teams get better by playing against tough competition in the non conference regardless if the result is a Win or a Loss. Bring on Arizona (Home), Michigan State (Neutral Site), Arkansas (Away), and Baylor (Neutral Site). 4 quality opponents in November & December before starting the grind of the ACC. The Blue Devils will be better for playing these tough games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT