ADVERTISEMENT

A comparison that I did just for fun

DiehardDukeFan4Life

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 21, 2011
With all the talk about the possibility that we could see 3 bigs in the starting lineup this season I decided to do a comparison between this season’s possible starting lineup and next season’s possible starting lineup. Obviously this comparison is based on a lot of speculation and unknowns, mostly in regards to next season because we don’t know what the roster will look like next season because so far we’ve only signed Tre Jones and Cameron Reddish and there’s always a chance that there could be some unexpected surprise returning players and there’s also still some decisions to be announced by players(RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson) that we’re recruiting and have a chance (even if it’s a small chance) to sign for next season, which both of those players are expected to announce their decisions in the next few weeks or so. I was bored so I came up with this idea to do a comparison between our next 2 potential starting lineups and I’m sure others will agree or disagree with what I came up with or maybe even have other players that they think might replace a player in the starting lineups that I’ve come up with and that’s all good with me.

2017-18

Trevon Duvall 6’2
Grayson Allen 6’5
Marvin Bagley III 6’11
Wendell Carter Jr 6’10
Marquee Bolden 6’11

Average Height-roughly 6’8

2018-19

Tre Jones 6’2
RJ Barrett 6’7
Cameron Reddish 6’7
Zion Williamson 6’6
Antonio Vrankovic 7’0

Average Height-roughly 6’7

After I finished this I found it a bit interesting that the average height of this year’s team is only 1 inch taller than the average height of next year’s team considering this year’s team has 3 players that are 6’10 or 6’11 and next year’s team (based strictly on unknowns and what ifs) only has 1 player taller than 6’7. Obviously next season is still pretty wide open because some players will make their announcements in the Fall while other players will wait until the Spring to make their announcements so our starting lineup for next season will most likely look totally different than it does in the example I’ve used in this just for fun comparison.

Standing reach and vert make a difference. Awareness also plays a role. Interesting comparison.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT