ADVERTISEMENT

3 reasons why Duke is not getting hardware...

Mac9192

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 25, 2017
Allen, Giles, and Bolden. Not earth shattering news but it's that simple. It's not me blaming these kids, but Duke needs (but probably won't get) those 3 to play like the program expected. I know everyone is aware of this but our only, I mean only inside prescence is a 6-9 220 lbs 5th year senior. Yes Giles has had knee surgeries, but I think we all wanted him to be a little further along by March than he is. Bolden is nothing short of a head scratcher to this arm chair die hard. I mean a mountain of a man, a 5 star bench warmer. Sure other programs have their freshmen star that don't play, but Duke really needs his size in the game. Jefferson is really good, but he doesn't have the size to contend down low. We need a beast down there, and between Bolden & Giles, we have 10 stars of should a could a's. But Allen has really had some kind of a season, and he I'm sure feels the stress more than we could imagine, and I pray when he's in there that he'll play like the warrior I'm used to seeing. Unless something strange, yet great happens, this years team will be talked about for a long time, just not the way we all envisioned. I've been very bad at predicting Duke's games earlier, so maybe I'll be wrong again.

Allen, Giles, and Bolden. Not earth shattering news but it's that simple. It's not me blaming these kids, but Duke needs (but probably won't get) those 3 to play like the program expected. I know everyone is aware of this but our only, I mean only inside prescence is a 6-9 220 lbs 5th year senior. Yes Giles has had knee surgeries, but I think we all wanted him to be a little further along by March than he is. Bolden is nothing short of a head scratcher to this arm chair die hard. I mean a mountain of a man, a 5 star bench warmer. Sure other programs have their freshmen star that don't play, but Duke really needs his size in the game. Jefferson is really good, but he doesn't have the size to contend down low. We need a beast down there, and between Bolden & Giles, we have 10 stars of should a could a's. But Allen has really had some kind of a season, and he I'm sure feels the stress more than we could imagine, and I pray when he's in there that he'll play like the warrior I'm used to seeing. Unless something strange, yet great happens, this years team will be talked about for a long time, just not the way we all envisioned. I've been very bad at predicting Duke's games earlier, so maybe I'll be wrong again.

At this point there is something about Vrank that intrigues me and I would rather see him get a few minutes over Bolden

At this point there is something about Vrank that intrigues me and I would rather see him get a few minutes over Bolden
I thought the same thing as they were playing today. He sets good screens, rebounds good, keeps the ball secured, and just plays within himself. I just don't think he seems to hurt the team any when he's in.
I think he could give us 10-2 quality minutes a game.

Reactions: sheyduke
I thought the same thing as they were playing today. He sets good screens, rebounds good, keeps the ball secured, and just plays within himself. I just don't think he seems to hurt the team any when he's in.
I think he could give us 10-2 quality minutes a game.

Agreed 100 percent, every time I see him play the game does not seem to fast for him. He kind of reminds me of Zoubek as a senior

My question is if Allen puts it together will people stop hating and praise him like usual?
Bolden and Giles are gonna give this team just what we've seen all season. Anything more imo is what annylist, scouts and fans knew they could do any way

Reactions: LTDukeFan
My question is if Allen puts it together will people stop hating and praise him like usual?
Bolden and Giles are gonna give this team just what we've seen all season. Anything more imo is what annylist, scouts and fans knew they could do any way
Yes if Allen gets back his swag, grown men will praise him. I hate it for Grayson, I like the kid a lot

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Allen, Giles, and Bolden. Not earth shattering news but it's that simple. It's not me blaming these kids, but Duke needs (but probably won't get) those 3 to play like the program expected.

I think we need Grayson in the right frame of mind and on the court. The team has adjusted with Giles and Bolden already, but Grayson's absense is killing me.

Playing in a stacked Conference and Coach's absence forced us to rely on production over potential. Hope we can grow over this weekend - wouldn't be the first time

I'm gonna be honest..I haven't read a single post just the title to the thread. To your title I say bullish!t. This team can win the Natty. They've got a good chance as anyone else. They played like warriors today. Never gave up and never gave in like I've seen in games early on. I had a brief convo with Harry at a Women's game. His words to me were "we're not gonna stop fighting until Coach has #6." Just a few days later they started there streak of wins and playing their asses off. I've been pretty closed minded about this team and certain players (Tatum). I'll be the first to say it. They e turned things around and have shown true fight.

Here's to tomorrow. Here's to the rest of the season. GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!! GIVE EM HELL DUKE!!!

Reactions: pisgah101 and dbav
Guard play win titles in college. Tatum, Allen, Kennard and Jackson with Jefferson. Just spread them out and drive them and hit open threes.

I'm gonna be honest..I haven't read a single post just the title to the thread. To your title I say bullish!t. This team can win the Natty. They've got a good chance as anyone else. They played like warriors today. Never gave up and never gave in like I've seen in games early on. I had a brief convo with Harry at a Women's game. His words to me were "we're not gonna stop fighting until Coach has #6." Just a few days later they started there streak of wins and playing their asses off. I've been pretty closed minded about this team and certain players (Tatum). I'll be the first to say it. They e turned things around and have shown true fight.

Here's to tomorrow. Here's to the rest of the season. GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!! GIVE EM HELL DUKE!!!

You didn't miss anything

Get to the Final Four and we'll call it a great season!!! Like Marquette coach Al McGuire used to say:

Getting to the Final Four is the great accomplishment, everything else is just 'gravy'!!!

Reactions: Mac9192
Please start a new thread why we won't get any more hardware
I agree, keep it coming. When I wrote it, Duke was bad and I said I I hope I'm wrong and prove me wrong Duke and yes they have, now bigger hardware I hope

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT