ADVERTISEMENT

2022 NBA Draft discussion

Yeah just read that article. Sounds like he's NBA bound to me but anything is possible.

Last edited:
Duke guard Trevor Keels is torn on a decision whether to remain in the NBA Draft or return to Durham, sources told @Stadium.

Not an easy one for Keels.
-Jeff Goodman 30 min ago

Torn at Duke means...well you can finish that sentence. Courtney Ramey from Texas is a possibility, but a big step down from Keels and Green.

Last edited:
Staff has a plan so I’m not worried .

Gonzaga got Swarther and Bolton back, and may get Timme back. Would be nice to get some good news today.

Ramey seems a bit mediocre compared to what we are shooting for. Better than nothing I guess.

I mentioned him on the portal thread. I thought Duke would get involved for his experience.
He's a 5th year guy, 4 year starter for Texas, so he clearly has value. But not a weapon like Keels or Green. But as a plan C he would add defense and experience. Decent shooter. Would be a nice addition to a young team. I am reading how he is a pretty good defender, so could be a steal. The more I read the more I like him.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
He's a 5th year guy, 4 year starter for Texas, so he clearly has value. But not a weapon like Keels or Green. But as a plan C he would add defense and experience. Decent shooter. Would be a nice addition to a young team. I am reading how he is a pretty good defender, so could be a steal. The more I read the more I like him.
Not to mention a good mentor for Schutt . He can help him build confidence at the college level. I would like Keels back but don’t think it’s happening.

We could do worse than a 5th year senior and junior in the backcourt. Then Schutt and Blakes could get experience off the bench and not have much pressure on them.
Keels staying in draft. It's official. Oh well.

The Texas kid is an important get for us now.
So much for the Keels or Green theory. Ugh.

Youngest team ever, 0 for 5 with the NBA draft and first year coach spring to mind. We'll be okay, but could be some rough sledding. We need to add a transfer. Add the Texas kid and we will be okay, but with everyone else reloading fast an AJ Green would have been nice.

Well Duke needs to find someone now to fill the hole in the rotation. Duke needs to add an impact SG or Wing. Early Entries have not been kind to Duke. Everyone else gets players back. Houston, Gonzaga, UNC.

Youngest team ever, 0 for 5 with the NBA draft and first year coach spring to mind. We'll be okay, but could be some rough sledding. We need to add a transfer. Add the Texas kid and we will be okay, but with everyone else reloading fast an AJ Green would have been nice.
My god if our program gets any younger, we’ll have to start checking birth certificates

The Joey transfer makes no sense now. Probably more to the story. Ramey is a nice piece, but doesn't solve our shooting issues. Still would address the defense and experience issues on the wing. It's not doom and gloom; there is talent. But top 10 type talent seems a stretch. We just lost 7 of our top 8 guys, and 5 NBA first round picks, or 4 and a 2nd round pic. Top 20 I'd say.

Last edited:
There's not a Paolo in this class. We are now expecting huge scoring from the freshmen, and I'm not convinced this class is ready for that from either a skill perspective or physically. I have a hard time seeing Jeremy carrying the scoring load, so we have to hope Whitehead is absolute stud or that one of the bigs can score very consistently. I don't see it, but I hope I'm wrong.

Who says Duke even gets Ramey? Louisville fans think they already have him. Might need plan D or E

Neither Joey or Ramey would make a big difference for us, imo, but it would be nice to have someone to fill the minutes.

Next year it'll be a month of will Flip and Mitchell stay or go.
Spoiler; they will go.
Just wish we could hang onto someone. Roach is our only returning guy who played. It's just frustrating when Gonzaga gets Timme, Swarther and Bolton back and UNC gets all their eligible starters back.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukecorey
IMO, not a really good offensive team next year at all. We will have to win on the defensive end. Now it's just a waiting game on who we can get.

Very frustrating but this is the Duke program now, love it or hate it. But better get use to it because next year there will be 4 more one and done’s. Plus probably Roach.

If we get the Texas guard that will help. But there's no Banchero coming in. Keels and AJ were just okay this year. They were super inconsistent. We made the final four because of Williams and Moore returning, and Roach improving and Banchero being an elite talent. Of course we will make the tournament, but we needed Keels back or an AJ Green type replacement to be similar to this year's team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT