ADVERTISEMENT

Trevon Duval

Think Arizona's pg just announced he is coming back which should hurt their chances
Alonzo Trier is coming back. He's not their PG. He's a shooting guard.

I just hope Trevon doesn't pick Kansas. Bill Self just rubs me the wrong way.

If I were Duval I would want to play with Allen, Jackson and Trent Jr. Allen and Jackson are not point guards. He can penetrate drive and dish to an open Jackson, Allen or Trent Jr. for wide open shots. He can also dish to an open Carter Jr or Bolden for easy Dunks. A pass first point guard that doesn't have a great three point shot should want to play with as many shooters as possible IMO.

With ya 100% Tross!

OFC

frankie_says_relax_design_by_mrockz.png

Yeah relax guys.

Duke is the only team on his list lacking a true pg.

Yeah don't see him going to KU with Graham and Malik Newman. Sean Miller is a good young coach, but Lute Olsen he is not. He can recruit though. And to be honest Duke is the most televised and polarizing team in the country. If you need exposure and visability why not attend Duke. I like Duke's chances on this one but who knows.

Just interesting that the day Allen announces he's coming back, Duval visits... I could be looking into this too much but it is interesting

It would have been nice if he said this" lol. I'm not visiting Duke, but I will be on campus very soon in Duke Blue."

Hopefully he does commit to Duke but everything I have read and heard is that he is still a non qualifier with the NCAA. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Good point as there has been much discussion. He even acknowleged it back in the fall...

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/the-trevon-duval-blog-api-img-academy-duke-baylor-trey-duval

OFC
I just don't want to get excited if he commits and can't qualify. The 2 standardized tests are only given on certain days and I believe there are 2 more left before he would need to be at Duke. I believe there is one in June and August. I am just going off of our high school football kids that have to still take the test.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I just don't want to get excited if he commits and can't qualify. The 2 standardized tests are only given on certain days and I believe there are 2 more left before he would need to be at Duke. I believe there is one in June and August. I am just going off of our high school football kids that have to still take the test.

Understandable....Feel same way...OFC

His commitment alone means that we're still a magnet for top guards. That's one minor thing to celebrate. Also, if he can't get a minimum score over the summer after studying for it, then Duke isn't a good idea for him anyway, so unless we have dissuaded another guard from committing, nothing lost. I'm not trying to be mean, but we should be maintaining some kind of standard, lest we start to look like our cheater neighbors. Some kids don't test very well but are high character guys, but minimum academic standards need to be met at a place like Duke. My guess is that he'll qualify after studying up for it a bit. Of course all this assumes he really chose Duke, which isn't official yet at all.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I doubt K and the staff would be after him this hard if they weren't fairly certain he will be good to go eligibility wise. I don't have any concerns there, I'm sure they have done their due diligence.

His commitment alone means that we're still a magnet for top guards. That's one minor thing to celebrate. Also, if he can't get a minimum score over the summer after studying for it, then Duke isn't a good idea for him anyway, so unless we have dissuaded another guard from committing, nothing lost. I'm not trying to be mean, but we should be maintaining some kind of standard, lest we start to look like our cheater neighbors. Some kids don't test very well but are high character guys, but minimum academic standards need to be met at a place like Duke. My guess is that he'll qualify after studying up for it a bit. Of course all this assumes he really chose Duke, which isn't official yet at all.

DukeDen I hear you on your concerns.Also I really know what you mean on Duval's commitment. It "isnt official at all yet."

OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
Wasn't it K and staff that recommended to Duval to switch schools and get his grades up and credits?
I highly doubt The staff would bother if they knew he couldn't qualify and I doubt Duval would even bother with Duke if he thought he couldn't.
Wasn't it Duval who reached out to Duke?
For all we know, this could be Duval wanting to prove people wrong who have been saying he wouldn't and couldn't qualify.

Wasn't it K and staff that recommended to Duval to switch schools and get his grades up and credits?
I highly doubt The staff would bother if they knew he couldn't qualify and I doubt Duval would even bother with Duke if he thought he couldn't.
Wasn't it Duval who reached out to Duke?
For all we know, this could be Duval wanting to prove people wrong who have been saying he wouldn't and couldn't qualify.
Switching schools and getting your grades up are completely different than meeting the qualifying test score. The higher the GPA the lower the qualifying test score needs to be, it is a sliding scale. I should say the higher the core course GPA not overall GPA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT