ADVERTISEMENT

Trevon Duval

He is now saying that he is going to make an announcement on when he is announcing.

I wish he'd have given us a heads up about this. You know, an announcement that he'd soon be announcing that he'd soon be announcing when he's going to announce. These announcements of announcements of announcements that come out of the blue like this with no warning are just too much for me.

Reactions: youngman42
No offence JimSouls and all of you other prognosticators but there is no single person or group of folks other than the player and or his family who know anything as to where they are going. All of those who pretend to know everything usually only show others how little they actually do know. Everyone can find a flea on clean dog occasionally but thats only because everyone know that dogs have fleas.
Selection bias.

It's like WW1 era metal helmets. After their introduction, there was a 1000% rise in head injuries. The armed services temporarily banned these helmets. Turns out all those injured would've died prior to helmet introduction. So it all depends on the greater context.

I wish he'd have given us a heads up about this. You know, an announcement that he'd soon be announcing that he'd soon be announcing when he's going to announce. These announcements of announcements of announcements that come out of the blue like this with no warning are just too much for me.
I agree how about a heads up next time so we'll be ready. I hope he announces that he is going to announce he's coming. OFC

Even Duvall is tired of waiting on Duval:
152879robertduvall0.jpg

If we don't land Duval and Frank stays in the draft, we are poked!
Yea. Well just have to chalk it up as a bridge year and get ready for the following season, but I think we will get Duval. Frank still uncertain obviously!

I got a question. How many more pitches could you make to Duval, seriously?

I think the staff has told him all he needs to know. Why the prolongment who really knows.

He is announcing on his second cousins anniversary, of the day he quit eating sweets.

Last edited:
Pretty huge to land Duval now. Already was. Now more. Glad for Frank if he goes round 1.

Pretty huge to land Duval now. Already was. Now more. Glad for Frank if he goes round 1.
This!! We don't land Duval and we will have a lot of meltdowns after games next year here. Jacks was the best player on the team by years end. Wish Coach would have give him the keys earlier during the season and rode it out. We would have been a lot better than a 1st weekend exit team IMO.

With Frank gone, the recruiting pitch to Duval is something serious!

Just for my info, who else is recruiting Duval? Since UK did not recruit him, I didn't follow him that much. Another question, is/was Duval waiting on Jackson's decision? K seems to prefer the experience over Freshmen.

Health issues kept me down last season so I watched 15/20 games per week and saw Duke about 12/15 games during the season. I was with the Duke group that thought Jackson was the best choice for PG from day one. Wonder if this kept Duval from an earlier decision?

We have a similar situation at UK. Will Diallo return or does Cal sign another big guard
instead? Maybe the Pitt transfer..

This!! We don't land Duval and we will have a lot of meltdowns after games next year here. Jacks was the best player on the team by years end. Wish Coach would have give him the keys earlier during the season and rode it out. We would have been a lot better than a 1st weekend exit team IMO.

Thank You!!!

OFC

Some people are going to go over the deep end
I did momentarily but I'm back now. Jackson did seem awfully eager to get to the league. Can't say I blame him. The thing that worries me is the youth esp. during road games. Frank could have helped with that. But that ship has sailed. I'll cheer for our team on the court.

I did momentarily but I'm back now. Jackson did seem awfully eager to get to the league. Can't say I blame him. The thing that worries me is the youth esp. during road games. Frank could have helped with that. But that ship has sailed. I'll cheer for our team on the court.

The more I think about it w/his dad and everything, I think Jackson knew when he entered combine he wasnt coming back. The thing now is we have allowed next season's performance level hinge on the decision of a pretty cocky young man I am afraid who's playing the drama for all its worth.

OFC

I agree and feel the same 100%..and felt.....but at the same time I understand.i don't blame him 1 bit ....some don't understand ...what concersns me also is the youth...I'm not in panic mode yet though we have the goat..on
The same page though

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
I, for one, really hope Duke signs Duval, but he really seems like a prima donnas. I would not be surprised one bit if he chose to go to China for a year before the draft. Duke will still be Duke regardless of the circumstances.

I'm not really understanding why I keep reading that Duval was waiting to see what Frank does because Duval was going to the keys to run the offense regardless of Franks decision. It doesn't make sense.

Trevon Duval who attended Advanced Prep (who has had trouble getting people eligible) transferred from there bc of that same concern and questions surrounding his class work. With Duke being such a strong school academically, perhaps that is a reason for some hold up? I know Preston (KU commit) was interested in UK but UK didn't really extend the full interest bc of the fact he attend API as well.

Is there any chance the kid doesn't get eligible similar to his teammate Terrence Ferguson. Is Arizona in the mix here?

Trevon Duval who attended Advanced Prep (who has had trouble getting people eligible) transferred from there bc of that same concern and questions surrounding his class work. With Duke being such a strong school academically, perhaps that is a reason for some hold up? I know Preston (KU commit) was interested in UK but UK didn't really extend the full interest bc of the fact he attend API as well.

Is there any chance the kid doesn't get eligible similar to his teammate Terrence Ferguson. Is Arizona in the mix here?

No

Arizona is absolutely in the mix here. Don't know why anybody thinks otherwise. Sean Miller is one of the best recruiters in the country.

I wont be greatly surprised at all if he ends up at UA, particularly after the Knox thing went down. Also one of the 'Cats assistants is quite close to Duval as well, and he continues to tease their fanbase on twitter..

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT