ADVERTISEMENT

Trevon Duval

IPSYCHOSIS

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2016
so he says he's going to make his decision late April and do something nobody's done before to announce his decision..What do you guys think he'll do?

I was going to take a wild guess and say he gets the announcers during a game to introduce him at the start of the game at whatever school he's going to ..but yea

I like him alot, but he isn't on the level of Kyrie, Jason Williams, or Bobby. But his game is really similar to Kris Dunn. His presence could make Duke national champions if he decides to come to Duke. I believe Delaurier and Jackson will have jumps in development this summer. Much of last season the game was to fast for Frank. I fully expect Jackson to have an All American jump similar to Will Avery, Luke Kennard, Grayson Allen, Nolan Smith, and Quin Cook. I love Delaurier's speed, length, athleticism, and especially his attitude. He should be able guard multiple positions like Shane Battier and Chris Carawell ( don't exactly remember how to spell it).

Reactions: skysdad
Yea I know just think how good jacksons going to be when the game slows down for him...

I think you guys are the favorite right now for his services but there are obviously questions marks, with grades mainly. I also think something has to happen with either Jackson or Allen. You will have a 3 guard lineup. Trent is a stud I actually think he is better than Jackson or Allen. He should start at the two but since he's got a much stronger build than Jackson he will have to play the 3. The main concern is allen. He's been the pg and he's a senior. It will be tough to keep Jackson and Trent off the court and wherever duval goes, he's playing in 35+ mins a game. He too good not to and he is that pg you guys need desperato compete next year. Don't get me wrong, you will be good but duval would take you to a whole other level

I think you guys are the favorite right now for his services but there are obviously questions marks, with grades mainly. I also think something has to happen with either Jackson or Allen. You will have a 3 guard lineup. Trent is a stud I actually think he is better than Jackson or Allen. He should start at the two but since he's got a much stronger build than Jackson he will have to play the 3. The main concern is allen. He's been the pg and he's a senior. It will be tough to keep Jackson and Trent off the court and wherever duval goes, he's playing in 35+ mins a game. He too good not to and he is that pg you guys need desperato compete next year. Don't get me wrong, you will be good but duval would take you to a whole other level

Maybe I misunderstood what you are saying but Duval would instantly be the PG Duke has been looking for from day one. Allen has been the PG? Yeah, at times I guess. Duval will be the starting PG and the rest will have to be figured out after that.

Maybe I misunderstood what you are saying but Duval would instantly be the PG Duke has been looking for from day one. Allen has been the PG? Yeah, at times I guess. Duval will be the starting PG and the rest will have to be figured out after that.
I agree completely I just don't know how know going to handle the whole situation with specifically Allen cause he won't start if I get duval. Jackson and Trent are both much better than him and can play defense better as well

Lol this is so wrong I don't even know where to begin. Day 1 Duval is the PG. Allen & Jackson will be the 2/3. Allen hasn't always been the PG, he was the PG out of necassity at times this year but he is much better playing off the ball and hunting his shot and that's what he will go back to doing. If you think that Duval is much stranger than Jackson then you need to watch Jackson a little more, that guy is a dog.

I agree completely I just don't know how know going to handle the whole situation with specifically Allen cause he won't start if I get duval. Jackson and Trent are both much better than him and can play defense better as well

Much better then Grayson? I know he had a tough year, but the year before, he positioned himself into the preseason player of the year. It didn't work out, there were a lot of things that happened, but he is still pretty good.

Much better then Grayson? I know he had a tough year, but the year before, he positioned himself into the preseason player of the year. It didn't work out, there were a lot of things that happened, but he is still pretty good.
Yeah that's just another incorrect comment he made that I failed to mention.

Lol this is so wrong I don't even know where to begin. Day 1 Duval is the PG. Allen & Jackson will be the 2/3. Allen hasn't always been the PG, he was the PG out of necassity at times this year but he is much better playing off the ball and hunting his shot and that's what he will go back to doing. If you think that Duval is much stranger than Jackson then you need to watch Jackson a little more, that guy is a dog.

Not sure if you believe this will happen but do you think we get Knox and if so do you think either Allen (if he comes back) or Jackson become the 6th man?

I like him alot, but he isn't on the level of Kyrie, Jason Williams, or Bobby. But his game is really similar to Kris Dunn. His presence could make Duke national champions if he decides to come to Duke. I believe Delaurier and Jackson will have jumps in development this summer. Much of last season the game was to fast for Frank. I fully expect Jackson to have an All American jump similar to Will Avery, Luke Kennard, Grayson Allen, Nolan Smith, and Quin Cook. I love Delaurier's speed, length, athleticism, and especially his attitude. He should be able guard multiple positions like Shane Battier and Chris Carawell ( don't exactly remember how to spell it).

I like this post. If we get him and it's important we do because we really need him. I think we should curb our expectations to the point that what he gives us. We cannot expect a Hurley, Kyrie, Williams or even a Jones. Just someone who can distribute the ball and give us some nice pg scoring when needed. As far as on the ball defense or defense in general I feel young guys must want to learn defense and that takes usually takes some time more than a couple of years. There are very few defense ready high school players like Shane Battier was. Oh what would we give to find another Shane. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Where does Trent play then? He's a top ten kid and is an excellent shooter. I would play him over allen all day.

Grayson has never been a great shooter at duke. He's been good at times but is inconsistent and if he gets in foul trouble or misses his first few shots he gets frustrated and it hurts the team. I'm not saying he sucks because he's a good player when he plays within himself and let the game come to him. As the other guy mentioned duval would be the pg I get that with Jackson and Allen at the 2/3 but I think I guys would be much better with Trent and Jackson at the two and three if you land duval. Allen would have to come off the bench but he can play all 3 guard spots and will get his minutes he just might not start

As long as he chooses Duke I don't care what he does or how he does it.

At the end of the day Duval is the most important decision we have left to look forward to. It's not Grayson Allen. If we get Duval and no Grayson we're in good hands. If we get Grayson and no Duval, Lord help us and Frank Jackson. He would have to take a huge step in his point guard skills.

Grayson has never been a great shooter at duke. He's been good at times but is inconsistent and if he gets in foul trouble or misses his first few shots he gets frustrated and it hurts the team. I'm not saying he sucks because he's a good player when he plays within himself and let the game come to him. As the other guy mentioned duval would be the pg I get that with Jackson and Allen at the 2/3 but I think I guys would be much better with Trent and Jackson at the two and three if you land duval. Allen would have to come off the bench but he can play all 3 guard spots and will get his minutes he just might not start
You are so wrong but after this season tell me why any Duke fan should put stock in a HS kid yet to play in one college game.
Trent can play but his outside shot wasn't falling in two all star type games. If Grayson Allen returns to Duke it is not to come off the bench. Especially behind freshman. He did so this year because of injury. He ain't coming back to repeat this past season.

You are so wrong but after this season tell me why any Duke fan should put stock in a HS kid yet to play in one college game.
Trent can play but his outside shot wasn't falling in two all star type games. If Grayson Allen returns to Duke it is not to come off the bench. Especially behind freshman. He did so this year because of injury. He ain't coming back to repeat this past season.
I think Jackson could take his spot but not Trent

Grayson Allen, is a very good, to great shooter. he shot almost 42% from three, over the course of a whole season, year before last. This past year, he pressed at the beginning of the year, which made him put up some tough/ill advised shots. Then he killed small bunnies infront of children, I mean trip a guy. It made more news the Donald trump going from beauty pageants, Simon Cowell, to the White House. That had a noticeable impact on his whole life. THEN, he looked pretty good for 10 minutes and, turf toe. Which is a bitch. Then a monsoon, hurricane, and tornado. Snowpocolyps and Giant lizard attacked Tokyo. So, there were some variable that brought his percentages down a little.

Reactions: youngman42
Duval is not your average hs player he's the number 1 pg for a reason and if he gives you the best chance to win you start him, in sure you could agree with that

Duval is not your average hs player he's the number 1 pg for a reason and if he gives you the best chance to win you start him, in sure you could agree with that

He would start. Grayson would start, if back. Jackson and Trent would play a lot.

Grayson Allen, is a very good, to great shooter. he shot almost 42% from three, over the course of a whole season, year before last. This past year, he pressed at the beginning of the year, which made him put up some tough/ill advised shots. Then he killed small bunnies infront of children, I mean trip a guy. It made more news the Donald trump going from beauty pageants, Simon Cowell, to the White House. That had a noticeable impact on his whole life. THEN, he looked pretty good for 10 minutes and, turf toe. Which is a bitch. Then a monsoon, hurricane, and tornado. Snowpocolyps and Giant lizard attacked Tokyo. So, there were some variable that brought his percentages down a little.
I said before allen is a good college player. I don't think he becomes anymore than a rope player in the NBA. Had he left after his sophomore yr he would of been a first round pick: Allen has a lot to prove this yr starting with his image. It's not all completely his fault but he brought some of it on himself. I think at best he's now an early 2nd round pick. If you land duval and Allen plays like he's capable of playing like he's shown he can do, he could play his way into being a late first round pick, if he doesn't start and embraces his role for the good of the team.

He would start. Grayson would start, if back. Jackson and Trent would play a lot.
So who would youbstart then if you pencil in allen and duval? Trent has the bigger body to play the 3, while Jackson is strictly a sg who at times could play some point as well.

So who would youbstart then if you pencil in allen and duval? Trent has the bigger body to play the 3, while Jackson is strictly a sg who at times could play some point as well.

1. Duval 2. Jackson 3. Grayson 4.Wendell Carter 5. Bolden.

Duval is a huge get if he comes to Duke. He would really transform the entire year b/c he's a true PG and we don't have that.

I hate to speculate on a player that has not decided yet. But, if he came to Duke he'd start.

If he did, I think we'd see a 3 guard lineup and it would simply come down to competition between Trent Jr., Jackson, and Grayson. But, I also think we'd see a lot of minutes out of those guys. And, if we can have a 3-4 man rotation on the front line that would be great.

Did I say he wouldn't. I was speaking on Grayson with already knowing Duval was the starting pg. Grayson would go back to off the ball. I'm saying this now. Imo Grayson isn't coming back to come off the bench

K doesn't give out positions but I think you can answer your question. It's not that hard to figure out. It's a three guard lineup with two bigs. Duval, Jackson, Grayson, Carter and Bolden.

Reactions: Baller224
1. Duval 2. Jackson 3. Grayson 4.Wendell Carter 5. Bolden.

Jnood I like this line-up, assuming of course Duke gets Duval and Allen returns.Trent of course sees a lot of time off bench at 2 and 3. My question is, how is this line-up impacted at all if the Devils land Kevin Knox in your opinion? Thx-

OFC

Jnood I like this line-up, assuming of course Duke gets Duval and Allen returns.Trent of course sees a lot of time off bench at 2 and 3. My question is, how is this line-up impacted at all if the Devils land Kevin Knox in your opinion? Thx-

OFC

That may be above my pay grade. I was trying to figure out how I would best use him, because I'm sure he would be a starter candidate, but is more of a duke style 4. Which, creates a bit of a log jam, because I just can't see K using him at the 3 for extended stretches. Yet, you expect a big jump from bolden, and Carter HAS to start, Vrank should improve, and Javin has a lot to like. I'm just not sure...

I've heard that Knox wants to be OAD, but realistically, is more of a 2 year track guy. So that even makes things more complicated, because skill wise, a guy like him would be perfect off the bench, then start year after, but in his mind, he is showcasing.

That may be above my pay grade. I was trying to figure out how I would best use him, because I'm sure he would be a starter candidate, but is more of a duke style 4. Which, creates a bit of a log jam, because I just can't see K using him at the 3 for extended stretches. Yet, you expect a big jump from bolden, and Carter HAS to start, Vrank should improve, and Javin has a lot to like. I'm just not sure...

NO KNOX!!!! I hope we dont get him. Coach K doesn't know how to act with tall wings. He gets small ball happy and messes everything up. Leave Knox right where he is. We need to play these big men

NO KNOX!!!! I hope we dont get him. Coach K doesn't know how to act with tall wings. He gets small ball happy and messes everything up. Leave Knox right where he is. We need to play these big men

It really is depended on the recruits willingness to accept his role, because Knox subbing for Carter, and playing some 3 would be pretty awesome! I just have trouble seeing that, in this landscape.

Last edited:
It really is depended on the recruits willingness to accept his role, because Knox subbing for Carter, and playing some 3 would be pretty awesome! I just have trouble seeing that, in this landscape.

I just think you need to limit Coach K's options honestly. Too may options make him overthink things. Just give him 4 guards and 4 big men and we should have no worries. If we don't play traditional this year we may not have any big men left over. All of them probably will transfer and leave

What's Duke paying Coach K when we should just listen to dachampishere2? What a douche name.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT