ADVERTISEMENT

Trevon Duval

Switching schools and getting your grades up are completely different than meeting the qualifying test score. The higher the GPA the lower the qualifying test score needs to be, it is a sliding scale. I should say the higher the core course GPA not overall GPA.
I thought the whole basis of Duval issue was with his old school not having true courses I guess would be the word. That's why he transferred to IMG.

If IMG can't get him right then what are they doing? They are a prep school for big time athletes. They have two jobs 1) get them better as players 2) get them into schools. That's it.

Reactions: sheyduke
If IMG can't get him right then what are they doing? They are a prep school for big time athletes. They have two jobs 1) get them better as players 2) get them into schools. That's it.
This along with the fact he reached out to Duke says to me Duval or the staff is not worried about him qualifying. Him listening to the staffs recommendations says enough about his character to me

This along with the fact he reached out to Duke says to me Duval or the staff is not worried about him qualifying. Him listening to the staffs recommendations says enough about his character to me

As far as his character goes i would say Duval plays w/a definite chip on his shoulder- not that its a bad thing, and not unlike some of the all-time Duke greats...

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
As far as his character goes i would say Duval plays w/a definite chip on his shoulder- not that its a bad thing, and not unlike some of the all-time Duke greats...

OFC
Define a Duke great from the one and done era? What does that mean any way? That he doesn't seem like a " Duke kid?" I have no problems with his on court demeanor or anything. He's simply a young man with a competitive nature like most.

Define a Duke great from the one and done era? What does that mean any way? That he doesn't seem like a " Duke kid?" I have no problems with his on court demeanor or anything. He's simply a young man with a competitive nature like most.

Did I say I had a problem with his on-court demeanor???I think you took me out of context Shey. As far as "define" a Duke player from OAD era, I think some have been fairly brash like say a Rivers, Winslow, perhaps Tatum , Parker.

Rivers believed in the drive of drive and dish, but not really the dish part...Jabari hurt the team too at times (he was on pine in critical portions of Mercer game, and had his "Jabari Bars.") Tatum matured as year progressed from taking 22 shots vs Elon and refusing to give the ball up at last possession of State loss. Justise had a problem w/kicking his leg out on drives occasionally....

ALL of those kids made SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTIONS, and I genuinely like and appreciate all their qualities. Per the Duval example, there was an IMG tourney loss in an all-star game this year his coach reached out to him with his arm after fouling out, and he pushed it away.

I am only referring to a little brashness, etc which as I said if you READ MY POST, is NOT neccessarily a bad thing. Geez Tyus Jones had to have that quality even somewhat to step up at C-ville and nail those daggers in '15, not to mention his play vs Wisconsin!

OFC

Fellas -- basing my happiness, state of mind, general disposition on the decisions or whims of a 17-18 year old male that I have never met would make me an idiot.

To further my point I do base my (college basketball) happiness, state of mind, general disposition on the belief that Coach K and his staff could take any bunch of high school basketball players and turn them into a fearless, competitive team.

Duval wants to come? Great!
Grayson wants to stay? Great!
Jeters wants to leave? Fine.
Tatum wants to leave early? Super -- good for him!
Giles thinks he needs to go? Cool, God show that young man your favor.

No true point guard? OK.
No real big man? Fine.
Play small ball? Fun!
Play traditional? Love Old School.
Man-to-Man? Yep.
Zone? Super.

Point is -- whatever. Whatever Coach K can control and influence, he and his staff will be all over it. Whatever Coach K and his staff can't control, I'm not going to pop a vein over. Trying to get in the headspace of an 18 year guy is pretty cramped.

Fellas -- basing my happiness, state of mind, general disposition on the decisions or whims of a 17-18 year old male that I have never met would make me an idiot.

To further my point I do base my (college basketball) happiness, state of mind, general disposition on the belief that Coach K and his staff could take any bunch of high school basketball players and turn them into a fearless, competitive team.

Duval wants to come? Great!
Grayson wants to stay? Great!
Jeters wants to leave? Fine.
Tatum wants to leave early? Super -- good for him!
Giles thinks he needs to go? Cool, God show that young man your favor.

No true point guard? OK.
No real big man? Fine.
Play small ball? Fun!
Play traditional? Love Old School.
Man-to-Man? Yep.
Zone? Super.

Point is -- whatever. Whatever Coach K can control and influence, he and his staff will be all over it. Whatever Coach K and his staff can't control, I'm not going to pop a vein over. Trying to get in the headspace of an 18 year guy is pretty cramped.

Amen. OFC

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Did I say I had a problem with his on-court demeanor???I think you took me out of context Shey. As far as "define" a Duke player from OAD era, I think some have been fairly brash like say a Rivers, Winslow, perhaps Tatum , Parker.

Rivers believed in the drive of drive and dish, but not really the dish part...Jabari hurt the team too at times (he was on pine in critical portions of Mercer game, and had his "Jabari Bars.") Tatum matured as year progressed from taking 22 shots vs Elon and refusing to give the ball up at last possession of State loss. Justise had a problem w/kicking his leg out on drives occasionally....

ALL of those kids made SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTIONS, and I genuinely like and appreciate all their qualities. Per the Duval example, there was an IMG tourney loss in an all-star game this year his coach reached out to him with his arm after fouling out, and he pushed it away.

I am only referring to a little brashness, etc which as I said if you READ MY POST, is NOT neccessarily a bad thing. Geez Tyus Jones had to have that quality even somewhat to step up at C-ville and nail those daggers in '15, not to mention his play vs Wisconsin!

OFC
Yeah, I remember that game and the one after the all star games. Didn't mean to come off like that. I think these young men put to much on theirselfs at times and it's taken out of context.

Yeah, I remember that game and the one after the all star games. Didn't mean to come off like that. I think these young men put to much on theirselfs at times and it's taken out of context.

No worries buddy-

OFC

In about 2 weeks or so shouldn't the Duke roster be settled.
Early entry deadline- Sunday 4/23
Duval, Knox & Bamba- by the beginning of April.

It will be interesting

Reactions: hart2chesson
These kids should have committed by now. Every major roster is almost set next year. Jackson, Allen and Bolden came back for us. Kansas, Kentucky, Mich State and Arizona rosters are set for next year. They're maybe one or two guys that are unsure if they are going pro or not.

Duval to Duke would be such a natural fit for him. We will have three good shooting guards that he can pass to and two to three interiors scorers.

These kids should have committed by now. Every major roster is almost set next year. Jackson, Allen and Bolden came back for us. Kansas, Kentucky, Mich State and Arizona rosters are set for next year. They're maybe one or two guys that are unsure if they are going pro or not.

Duval to Duke would be such a natural fit for him. We will have three good shooting guards that he can pass to and two to three interiors scorers.
It was reported today that Frank Jackson is entering the draft but not hiring an agent

Yep, s**t is getting old.

Kentucky roster is not set for next year.......

Imo these guys know where they are going by now ..the one thing that really irritates me and drives me crazy are the guys saying "oh I don't want this to be a distraction I'm just going to focus on my high school team now" or similar to what bolden said last year..it was like a red flags going off for me..I mean the longer you wait the more distracting it is!! You announce its over ! I don't get it ...point is when guys say that it rubs me the wrong way imo because they are flat out lying ...I mean I would enjoy it and probally do the same thing so I can't blame them...come on season!!!!:)

I thought the whole basis of Duval issue was with his old school not having true courses I guess would be the word. That's why he transferred to IMG.
Cannot believe the staff would spend this much time and effort on him if there was any problem with him qualifying.

Reactions: jcdevilfan
C'mon Tre' who ya pickin' ?
Duval-mixtape-still-yt.jpg

Is there any noise out there at all about Trevon? It seems like after the news came out that something should be done soon, it's been very quiet.

Is there any noise out there at all about Trevon? It seems like after the news came out that something should be done soon, it's been very quiet.

Yeah, this one is ridiculous too. Almost three weeks ago it sounded like Duval to Duke was a foregone conclusion. Haven't heard a damn thing at all since.

Kellen, you've got to take a breath man... If you haven't gotten the hint from everything and everyone, Duvall is coming here, and decided some time ago.

I like Dark Blue storms. Some have a real ethereal feel to them. Really hope I spelled that right. When you use a word like that, it really should be spelled correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT