ADVERTISEMENT

Pick Your Duke All-O&D Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Einstein. Had he played 18-20 minutes all season, he wouldn't have been as bad as he was. It's called confidence, and he has none. More game time works being timid out.

Bless your heart. Andre Robertson should be a sniper then. It doesn’t work like that homie. Javin could've played 35 minutes a game and it wouldn't have made him a better shooter at all. Amile played a lot and he didn't shoot many jumpers. Javin knows shooting isn't his strong point so he's not going to shoot unless he absolutely has to. That's called knowing your limitations

Last edited:
No Einstein. Had he played 18-20 minutes all season, he wouldn't have been as bad as he was. It's called confidence, and he has none. More game time works being timid out.
That’s no more valid than the stance that he didn’t get those minutes because he doesn’t shoot well, but yours is less logical, and yet you still act as if disagreeing with you is some grave insult.

Bless your heart. Andre Robertson should be a sniper then. It doesn’t work like that homie. Javin could've played 35 minutes a game and it wouldn't have made him a better shooter at all. Amile played a lot and he didn't shoot many jumpers. Javin knows shooting isn't his strong point so he's not going to shoot unless he absolutely has to. That's called knowing your limitations
Never did I say he would be a good shooter. I stand by my thinking that he would have been a much better player. As would many others without Bagley. Bagley is a great player, but I think we would have been just as good, if not better without him. Carter, Duval, Allen, O'Connell, White and Delaurier would have improved more and our defense would have been better.

That’s no more valid than the stance that he didn’t get those minutes because he doesn’t shoot well, but yours is less logical, and yet you still act as if disagreeing with you is some grave insult.
Nothing wrong with disagreeing. I have no problem with that. I can't stand the condescending post of many, and after reading some of it, I too take cheap shots at a few. I wouldn't expect anything less from you and a few others. This Duke board is so divided, it's almost comical.

Last edited:
The original post everyone is crying about was poking fun at how this board consistently overreacts. We could call this list the scapegoat list because these are the guys that took the brunt of the criticism whenever Duke lost. Instead of being objective in the slightest and realizing that teams sometime lose, many posters on here have to place the blame on someone. What’s funny is that these are some of the posters that crack jokes about THR and RR about being ridiculous. If you ask me, the idea of benching Jayson Tatum and Marvin Bagley is as ridiculous as anything you would see on those boards.

Never did I say he would be a good shooter. I stand by my thinking that he would have been a much better player. As would many others without Bagley. Bagley is a great player, but I think we would have been just as good, if not better without him. Carter, Duval, Allen, O'Connell, White and Delaurier would have improved more and our defense would have been better.

What does Bagley playing have to do with Javin not being a better player? Bolden was a better player this year even though Bagley was there. You get better with your skills during practice. When you're in the gym working on your game. Javin was much better this year than he was as a freshman. Bagley not coming would not have made him a better offensive player.

The original post everyone is crying about was poking fun at how this board consistently overreacts. We could call this list the scapegoat list because these are the guys that took the brunt of the criticism whenever Duke lost. Instead of being objective in the slightest and realizing that teams sometime lose, many posters on here have to place the blame on someone. What’s funny is that these are some of the posters that crack jokes about THR and RR about being ridiculous. If you ask me, the idea of benching Jayson Tatum and Marvin Bagley is as ridiculous as anything you would see on those boards.
Bingo. But yet those that poke fun at this theory are just as sad as Tar-Heel fans? Please. Those that post nonsense such as saying Duke would be better without a 1st-team All-American are the real lunatics.

This pretty much sums it up.

Reactions: timo0402
Bingo. But yet those that poke fun at this theory are just as sad as Tar-Heel fans? Please. Those that post nonsense such as wishing a 1st-team All-American didn’t play for Duke are the real crazy ones.
Probably your best post in a while. That's my point about those that bash the one and dones, in that the ones that do don't post here much. Most people that post here daily, or regular, are die hard fans. Saying a guy should be benched due to weak play shouldn't get the poster hammered. Remember K did it to Brand and Parker. K hasn't done it much since.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Nothing wrong with disagreeing. I have no problem with that. I can't stand the condescending post of many, and after reading some of it, I too take cheap shots at a few. I wouldn't expect anything less from you and a few others. This Duke board is so divided, it's almost comical.
And around and around it goes...

Reactions: Mac9192
What does Bagley playing have to do with Javin not being a better player? Bolden was a better player this year even though Bagley was there. You get better with your skills during practice. When you're in the gym working on your game. Javin was much better this year than he was as a freshman. Bagley not coming would not have made him a better offensive player.
No surprise here, but we disagree. You can have too much talent on one college team. Not everyone can be the hero.

Probably your best post in a while. That's my point about those that bash the one and dones, in that the ones that do don't post here much. Most people that post here daily, or regular, are die hard fans. Saying a guy should be benched due to weak play shouldn't get the poster hammered. Remember K did it to Brand and Parker. K hasn't done it much since.
Thank you for stating my post was great.

However, I’d say my best post was earlier that started a 3 page discussion about the hate on this board, but I don’t know. Man it was a great one though.

Thank you for stating my post was great.

However, I’d say my best post was earlier that started a 3 page discussion about the hate on this board, but I don’t know. Man it was a great one though.
Oh grasshopper, I didn't say it was a great post.

No the issue people are taking with his post is that it’s the same old tired joke. And it’s made by a poster who appears to want nothing more than an opportunity to try and belittle other posters.

Oh grasshopper, I didn't say it was a great post.
Greater than finding 1000 different ways to say the exact same thing using different words. Followed by a like by Hart. Take him away, and your shooting like 8% in likes. You’re essentially Grayson (your son) in all of our losses.

Greater than finding 1000 different ways to say the exact same thing using different words. Followed by a like by Hart. Take him away, and your shooting like 8% in likes. You’re essentially Grayson (your son) in all of our losses.

Jwill I just happen to see things similar to Mac, Gilljet, Pisg, So Cal and some others here.

Don't be angry grasshopper. Jealousy is a dangerous animal.

Come on JWill, now you’re hating on and taking shots at Grayson.

Come on JWill, now you’re hating on and taking shots at Grayson.
I will always love Grayson for 2015. Since this is a OAD thread, he lost millions by coming back to school all these years. Grayson should have been a OAD.

Isn't that what we all do in these same debates, take our usual stance? You have your beliefs, I have mine. Neither of us will budge, and I consider myself very knowledgeable on Duke basketball, as are quite a few others on here, no matter how superior you think you are to us, which is BS. Some just aren't as open as you, me, and others, doesn't mean they aren't as smart as you though, no matter what you say.
But to take a low blow and bring Grayson into this shows how you really feel. That's ok though, his career at Duke is over.

I will always love Grayson for 2015. Since this is a OAD thread, he lost millions by coming back to school all these years. Grayson should have been a OAD.
He didn't think so. All that should matter is he loved his time at Duke, through thick and thin. Since when should we decide if he made a mistake or not? I think he will do fine in life, money isn't everything.

I thought that after his sophomore year would have been considered the height of Grayson’s draft stock.

Reactions: dukiejay
How did a thread that was supposed to be about making up an all OAD team turn into arguing about players that aren’t OAD?

Reactions: dukiejay
No the issue people are taking with his post is that it’s the same old tired joke. And it’s made by a poster who appears to want nothing more than an opportunity to try and belittle other posters.
Complaining about the exact same things season after season is the same old tired non-joke: the rotation, developing the bench, players being held back by their coach rather than their own limitations, too many OADs, whose Duke love is the Dukest, etc...

Complaining about the exact same things season after season is the same old tired non-joke: the rotation, developing the bench, players being held back by their coach rather than their own limitations, too many OADs, whose Duke love is the Dukest, etc...
Who defines complaining, you? If you are this boards measuring stick for how everyone should all act then the board should have the plug pulled on it.
Just because you say something doesn't make it a fact, no more than if anyone else says something. I will agree with you on one thing, your love is the Dukest.

Who defines complaining, you? If you are this boards measuring stick for how everyone should all act then the board should have the plug pulled on it.
Just because you say something doesn't make it a fact, no more than if anyone else says something.
I think every rational person recognizes what complaining is, and I cited several accurate examples.

You liked it when gilljet defined something as a tired old joke. No questioning his right to define something. It's hypocritical and pathetic to attempt that line now.

You don't have to remind me that my opinions aren't fact. I'm well aware of it. Like pretending it's about my audacity in "defining" something, singling me out for this reminder is hypocritical. It gives the impression you're insecure and can't address content, so you question the "right" instead.

I think every rational person recognizes what complaining is, and I cited several accurate examples.

You liked it when gilljet defined something as a tired old joke. No questioning his right to define something. It's hypocritical and pathetic to attempt that line now.

You don't have to remind me that my opinions aren't fact. I'm well aware of it. Like pretending it's about my audacity in "defining" something, singling me out for this reminder is hypocritical. It gives the impression you're insecure and can't address content, so you question the "right" instead.
So it's only complaining when one side does it. Oh ok, got it. But when Jwill the magnificent (in his own mind) makes an attempted joke, bringing up a subject that is very heated, it's ok, and no one has a "right" to respond to his condescending post.
You make these asinine points about me and Hart being united, yet you do the same with a few others on here as well. How about that sparky?

So it's only complaining when one side does it. Oh ok, got it. But when Jwill the magnificent (in his own mind) makes an attempted joke, bringing up a subject that is very heated, it's ok, and no one has a "right" to respond to his condescending post.
You make these asinine points about me and Hart being united, yet you do the same with a few others on here as well. How about that sparky?
You're welcome to identify something someone else does as complaining. You'll be expected to back it up, as I apparently have now that you've stopped asking who defines it. Complaining about complaining, though... that would be an immature, childish move, of course, like the idea that being intolerant of intolerance is the same thing as being intolerant.

Jwill's joke was entirely successful, and like I said, the hit dog yelped. I've already explained that it isn't an issue of rights. What you appear to think you're entitled to is no consequence when you exercise your right in a foolish way that brings negative feedback from others.

Nothing asinine at all about pointing out the mindless back-and-forth "liking" you and hart and some others do. It's beyond mere accord; it's loyalty to the poster, rather than the words, and it makes it really easy to point out hypocrisy. You'll note I haven't liked any of Jwill's posts knocking Grayson. You can't equivocate you and hart with me and anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT