ADVERTISEMENT

Other team's games

christophero

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
May 2, 2017
I caught a late night west coast game last night. UCLA vs. Long Island. (I'm from Long Island) Not very much competition for the Bruins, but worth noting as this was the first time I got to see the Bruin's 7-3 center Aday Mara, who is projected as a lottery pick. He plays alongside 6-10 Adem Bona to give them a formidable front line. Mara is from Spain. He is going to be really good. Maybe a step slow, he is going to need some time but he is very skilled. Great passer. Displayed a nice jump hook. He had 14 points and 4 rebounds, and blocked a few shots without even jumping. He's huge, like Purdue's center. Bona had 20. More will be known as the Bruins play Marquette this weekend but that imposing front line (they have a beefy 6-10 senior as well) is worth keeping an eye on. UCLA also has a Utah transfer who averaged double figures and a freshman point guard Mack who is a terrific scorer. I'd say right now Arizona is better but the Bruins could be a dark horse in the Pac 12.
Now watching Gonzaga play Eastern Oregon. Curious about the Zags this year.
Low level competition, but the Zags have reloaded. Watson and Hickman return, and 3 really good transfers. The Zags will make some noise this year. The Wyoming transfer C Ike is a stud(averaged 19/10 at Wyoming) , and Nembhard (Creighton transfer) was another big transfer. Former 5 star PG Hickman looks much improved. Gonzaga also has this kid Huff, a 4 star big man who redshirted last year, who looks REALLY good. Keep an eye on him. 23 points in 14 minutes.
Notre Dame loses to Auburn.
Virginia goes to 4-0.
St. John's almost loses to North Texas.
Wake Forest loses to Utah.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
I caught a late night west coast game last night. UCLA vs. Long Island. (I'm from Long Island) Not very much competition for the Bruins, but worth noting as this was the first time I got to see the Bruin's 7-3 center Aday Mara, who is projected as a lottery pick. He plays alongside 6-10 Adem Bona to give them a formidable front line. Mara is from Spain. He is going to be really good. Maybe a step slow, he is going to need some time but he is very skilled. Great passer. Displayed a nice jump hook. He had 14 points and 4 rebounds, and blocked a few shots without even jumping. He's huge, like Purdue's center. Bona had 20. More will be known as the Bruins play Marquette this weekend but that imposing front line (they have a beefy 6-10 senior as well) is worth keeping an eye on. UCLA also has a Utah transfer who averaged double figures and a freshman point guard Mack who is a terrific scorer. I'd say right now Arizona is better but the Bruins could be a dark horse in the Pac 12.
Low level competition, but the Zags have reloaded. Watson and Hickman return, and 3 really good transfers. The Zags will make some noise this year. The Wyoming transfer C Ike is a stud(averaged 19/10 at Wyoming) , and Nembhard (Creighton transfer) was another big transfer. Former 5 star PG Hickman looks much improved. Gonzaga also has this kid Huff, a 4 star big man who redshirted last year, who looks REALLY good. Keep an eye on him. 23 points in 14 minutes.
Virginia goes to 4-0.
I’m required by law to remind you about NCAA championships and teams west of the Mississippi River (aka Mighty Mississip).

Reactions: christophero
Virginia goes to 4-0.
Sounds like a big nite of late nite hoops. How were the hot dogs?

OFC

Reactions: christophero
Just think of me as your west coast scout haha. I watch these games so you don't have to. I actually watch the 20 minute condensed version, it's much quicker.
BTW Rod Strickland is the coach of Long Island U. I was lucky enough to see him play in high school. He did things with the basketball I've never seen before or since.

Last edited:
Maryland down 26 to Villanova and about to drop to 1-3.
Miami beat Georgia.
St. John's drops to 2-2 after losing to Dayton.
Florida beats Florida State by 20.
Henry Coleman with 19 and 10 as Texas A&M goes to 3-0.

Reactions: pisgah101
haha agreed I have no sympathy for the Terps.
Brakefield only averaging 5 a game. I thought he would be better.

Last edited:
Clemson beats Boise State. Joe Girard with 23 points.
Wake loses to LSU in OT
Texas beats Louisville by 1 on last second shot.
U Conn over Indiana

Looking like Arkansas is in a ballgame UNC Greensboro up 57-50 7 minutes left
Doesn’t help Duke. Needed them to be undefeated and ranked in top 10 for our matchup. Still going to be a very tough game to win. Duke will get a much rowdier Bud Walton Arena than UNCG did.

A true road game. I love it. Gonna be a battle, regardless of yesterday. Great test for our team.

Speaking of rankings, we beat the #18 team in the country on a natural site and beat someone by 30. We don't move a single spot. Yet UNcheat beats UC Riverside and moved up 6 spots?

Wtf?

We’re in the middle of a three game stretch against Bucknell, Lasalle, and Southern Indiana. Lasalle’s last two games were against Bucknell and Southern Indiana Weird

I still can't believe Rod Strickland is the head coach of LIU. My dad used to see him play in a Tampa summer league a few years back. He would stroll in late in sandals, not warm up and then destroy everyone. My favorite NY player ever, saw him play in high school. Well tied with Brand haha

Last edited:
We’re in the middle of a three game stretch against Bucknell, Lasalle, and Southern Indiana. Lasalle’s last two games were against Bucknell and Southern Indiana Weird
The Blue Devil Challenge. We get all home games.

Speaking of Marquette they beat UCLA by 2 in Maui. Marquette gets Kansas next.
Tennessee plays Purdue
Syracuse plays Gonzaga.
Colorado plays Florida State.

Mgbako struggling mightily at Indiana; to put it kindly. 1-13 from 3.
Gonzaga beat Syracuse pretty easily.

Last edited:
Marquette takes down Kansas. They could shoot to #1 if they beat Purdue today.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT