ADVERTISEMENT

Other team's games

I rewatched it a few years ago when the 11th season came out. The first six seasons are about perfect. 7-9 are still great, but go off the rails in spots. Robert Patrick's character is underrated. And I enjoyed both films and seasons 10 and 11. I felt like they did a good job bringing it back again. Did you watch Twin Peaks?

I rewatched it a few years ago when the 11th season came out. The first six seasons are about perfect. 7-9 are still great, but go off the rails in spots. Robert Patrick's character is underrated. And I enjoyed both films and seasons 10 and 11. I felt like they did a good job bringing it back again. Did you watch Twin Peaks?
I did not. I've heard it's good. I'd like to rewatch X Files. I'm rewatching Moonlighting. I'm an 80's kid. Bruce Willis is so great in that.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Linardick still has Duke as 4 seed even though we have a better Quad1 & 2 record than UK and UK has a Quad 3 loss. He updated his bracket tonight after the game. I also feel Duke should be over Baylor due to similar records and head to head on neutral site. Some times these idiots over think stuff. It’s not political. I feel there is only one team left that can steal a 3 seed and that’s Illinois. UK should drop back to a 4, 10 point loss to A&M in the quarterfinals is not good. Realistically tonight couldn’t have been any better for Duke except to have Illinois lose too. All the teams behind Duke lost except for Illinois.

Last edited:
Linardick still has Duke as 4 seed even though we have a better Quad1 & 2 record than UK and UK has a Quad 3 loss. He updated his bracket tonight after the game. I also feel Duke should be over Baylor due to similar records and head to head on neutral site. Some times these idiots over think stuff. It’s not political. I feel there is only one team left that can steal a 3 seed and that’s Illinois. UK should drop back to a 4, 10 point loss to A&M in the quarterfinals is not good. Realistically tonight couldn’t have been any better for Duke except to have Illinois lose too. All the teams behind Duke lost except for Illinois.
Lunardi is merely trying to predict what the committee will do. Don’t see why people think otherwise.

Lunardi is showing favoritism to SEC, there is no way Kentucky should be higher than Duke. Kentucky is 8-8 vs Quad 1 & Quad 2 compared to Duke 11-8 Quad 1 & Quad 2. Plus Kentucky has a Quad 3 loss and more losses in total. This one makes no sense at all. Biased

Lunardi is showing favoritism to SEC, there is no way Kentucky should be higher than Duke. Kentucky is 8-8 vs Quad 1 & Quad 2 compared to Duke 11-8 Quad 1 & Quad 2. Plus Kentucky has a Quad 3 loss and more losses in total. This one makes no sense at all. Biased
Favoritism? He's just trying to predict what the committee will do. 🧐

I've watched a lot of SEC ball due to having my kids go to SEC schools for college..and I think its quite deep this year and competitive...more so than the ACC..so not surprised with Lunardi's rankings

Yes favoritism, the media is definitely very powerful and can control the narrative. SEC is definitely tougher than the ACC as a whole this year, no question but the NET definitely doesn’t show that Kentucky has a better resume than Duke. Your seed should come from your body of work. Duke’s is better than UK and no Quad 3 loss.

If we could get a 3 that would be big. Doesn't always mean an easier draw but it helps.

Favoritism? He's just trying to predict what the committee will do. 🧐
That’s what his official stance might be, but I’ve always gotten the sense he’s trying to influence what the committee will do I bet he gets a tingle down his leg every time Lunardo’s Last 4 In pops up on the ESPN crawl

Reactions: dukecorey
Mods don’t shoot me and I know you’ve probably heard it before but….the header on this forum:

“Discuss your three time national champions here with fellow Duke fans”

Can we please get this updated? ;-)

Howard beat Delaware State to win the MEAC, which counts as the worst news of the week, because the sporting world will have to hear from Kamala again. Lord, save us.
OFC

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
That’s the region I want for Duke, wherever Purdue is. Not that it probably matters with this year’s version of the Blue Devils but still…..
Edey would be a terrible match-up for us...but Purdue's coach seems to find a way to lose so that would even it up I think

I think Duke could drive them though. Wisconsin got to the rim today.
Maybe...although not sure our guards would like to see Edey waiting at the rim! lol
Next up some Houston / Iowa St to see how good UH really is....and then the Big East final...Uconn/Marquette..should be a good one

We shouldn't even start to think who our #1 will be. We gotta worry about our #13 or #14

Ouch, I know but don’t you catch yourself in little moments of slippage not thinking about the team’s woes? Instead looking ahead to tournament matchups and conjecture like in past years.

Maybe...although not sure our guards would like to see Edey waiting at the rim! lol
Next up some Houston / Iowa St to see how good UH really is....and then the Big East final...Uconn/Marquette..should be a good one

Would have to ask FDU (1st round), St. Pete (S16) & North Texas (1st round) what their secret sauce was. 😈😜

Would have to ask FDU (1st round), St. Pete (S16) & North Texas (1st round) what their secret sauce was. 😈😜
Definitely a monkey on their back from past years....may happen again this year...very unpredictable

Purdue scored 75 today. Edey scored 28. He was their only player in double figures. They will be the weakest of the 1 seeds. Rightfully so.

Purdue scored 75 today. Edey scored 28. He was their only player in double figures. They will be the weakest of the 1 seeds. Rightfully so.
UH isnt lighting it up right now though either...maybe the weakest set of #1 seeds ever in the tourney?

UH isnt lighting it up right now though either...maybe the weakest set of #1 seeds ever in the tourney?
Houston reminds me of Bennett’s Virginia teams a few years ago. Strong defensively, but a little weak on offense. So if you can match their toughness, and put the ball in the basket, it gets them out of their comfort zone.

Ouch, I know but don’t you catch yourself in little moments of slippage not thinking about the team’s woes? Instead looking ahead to tournament matchups and conjecture like in past years.
I did but just don't have that same feel about this team. Let's hope for the best.

Reactions: Neue Regel
Having watched all 4 potential #1 seeds...Uconn is head and shoulders above the others...Cheats may be the next best balanced team, then Purdue...or as Neue pointed out Purdont mostly in the tournament....

That’s what his official stance might be, but I’ve always gotten the sense he’s trying to influence what the committee will do I bet he gets a tingle down his leg every time Lunardo’s Last 4 In pops up on the ESPN crawl
But his track record is not particularly good.

Reactions: KDSTONE
UH got pummeled today...only game I've watched of theirs so could be an anomaly....but it was a beat down..of course the draw is also a massive key to success in the tournament
Anomaly is definitely the word for that game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT