ADVERTISEMENT

Other games

denverexpat

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 1, 2006
Used to be a thread for this - didn't see one so thought i'd start it
Baylor have limited Villanova to 9 points with 6 mins left in the half! ..only scored 16 themselves though!

Villanova is flustered. They've missed really easy shots and layups. Score should be a little closer than what it is

Villanova takes way too many 3’s. They have no inside game, and unless they are hitting them, they are vulnerable to get beat by mediocre teams.

Is Baylor the team to beat again? They lost 4 starters but they were scary good last year.

Capel and his Pitt Panthers are getting run out the gym on their home court. They look terrible this year

Pitt beat St. John's in a close one. Gonzaga beats Texas Tech by double digits. Indiana beats Notre Dame, and Louisville loses to W. Kentucky. Kentucky leads UNC 29 to 13. 40 to 29 at the half. GT lost to USC.

Last edited:
A tar hole loss is almost as good as a Duke win. And one where the holes get beat like a rented drum makes it better.

My tar hole friends on Facebook are awfully quiet. Or they’re out Christmas caroling.

Did any of you catch part of the cheater u and UK game? Near the end I heard an UK fan yelling "Go App St. " You got to give the guy his due it was classic. OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
A tar hole loss is almost as good as a Duke win. And one where the holes get beat like a rented drum makes it better.

My tar hole friends on Facebook are awfully quiet. Or they’re out Christmas caroling.
And getting hammered by a team we’ve already thrashed to boot makes it all the sweeter. Heels notwithstanding it is depressing to see the acc this bad across the board though

Reactions: Mac9192
The Heels will play Duke hard. They actually match up pretty good against Duke

And it is a really good day when Duke wins and the holes lose, especially when the loss is to Ky....

It's great that they lost, but it's still not going to stop them from shooting out of their minds against us. We should still sweep them though. If AJ can give us double digits off the bench than we truly are an elite, one seed type team. I will be interested to see how he does against VT.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Was at the gym and they had on NC Virginia game from 84 or so. Jordan, Sampson, Worthy, Perkins. The talent on the floor was crazy. Virginia was up 11 when I left. Sampson was an absolute monster. He was like Mark against Louisville, only against top ranked North Carolina. You could see how athletic Jordan was but his shot was still iffy. He was a soph. I think.

Thought fsu would be better than this. Except nc state and a horrible Missouri they’ve lost to every power 5 team they’ve played. Wake gave up 90 to Miami. FSU may not get 55

Reactions: geddoughton23
Was at the gym and they had on NC Virginia game from 84 or so. Jordan, Sampson, Worthy, Perkins. The talent on the floor was crazy. Virginia was up 11 when I left. Sampson was an absolute monster. He was like Mark against Louisville, only against top ranked North Carolina. You could see how athletic Jordan was but his shot was still iffy. He was a soph. I think.
I was furious that I had to work that night. That was probably the game in which Jordan stripped Rick Carlisle for the winning dunk in Carmichael. 1983, I think. Sampson graduated in 83. Somehow, NC State beat UNC once and Virginia twice and Houston with Akeem all in March. The greatest coaching job of my life by James T. Valvano

Reactions: christophero
I was furious that I had to work that night. That was probably the game in which Jordan stripped Rick Carlisle for the winning dunk in Carmichael. 1983, I think. Sampson graduated in 83. Somehow, NC State beat UNC once and Virginia twice and Houston with Akeem all in March. The greatest coaching job of my life by James T. Valvano
I was surprised by how strong Sampson looked. A guess he got a lot stronger during his 4 years at Virginia. Nothing against Mark, but Sampson looked like he would destroy Mark. But he would destroy anyone in college today. But in fairness guys that good don't stay 4 years any more. Too bad Sampson got injured in the NBA. He was clearly the best player on the court, and Jordan, Worthy and Perkins were on the court. He was blocking everything, dunking and making jump shots.

Last edited:
Sampson worked very hard In the weight room. He had incredibly strong biceps. Set records at Virginia for curls. He was so long. No glutes. I think that he got out of balance contributing to his knee injuries

Sampson put too much pressure on himself. He was great, but I think he felt guilty for his talent. He knew that he was good, but didn't believe in himself like Worthy, Jordan and Olajuwon

Bascot with 29 points and 21 rebounds as North Carolina rolls Virginia. Williams and John will be needed that game.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Bacot is getting in really good shape. It's fun to watch. Not Hansbrough shape, but awfully good. He has great hands. Can't jump over the Philadelphia phone book. Manek has good hands too. The concussion to Dawson Garcia is a revelation for how much better Bacot and Manek are. Plus, the Virginia bigs are not good

Bacot is getting in really good shape. It's fun to watch. Not Hansbrough shape, but awfully good. He has great hands. Can't jump over the Philadelphia phone book. Manek has good hands too. The concussion to Dawson Garcia is a revelation for how much better Bacot and Manek are. Plus, the Virginia bigs are not good
Maybe Tyler can teach bacot the four step power move and then he’ll be a lottery pick for sure. Kidding aside good win today ged

Reactions: geddoughton23
Bacot made a basket at Notre Dame on Wednesday that would have given UNC the lead with 2:30 remaining. It didn't count because he was correctly called for travelling . He stumbled going up. It was fatigue, I think . He played 39 minutes. He usually plays 28

I didn't see a second of the Duke-Miami game. I did see the boxscore. 35 minutes is probably too much for Banchero. Perhaps 30 minutes so he's completely fresh at the end.

I would find at least 8 minutes for Theo John. He's effective every time I see him. And 23 year olds don't transfer to play just 3 minutes.

There's also something psychologically magical about resting your star. The other team thinks that it's their chance to make a run. When they actually stay even or go down a few points, the opponent is demoralized

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT