ADVERTISEMENT

Other games

I think Pitt is in, but what an awful performance for the last game of the season. They looked like they gave up.

Reactions: skysdad
I really hope Pitt makes it. They should be in be in before cheater u. I think at least five ACC teams should be in right now. Miami, UVA, Duke and Clemson IMO. That leaves Pitt, NCSU and cheater u for the 5th spot. Now you tell me which team the NCAA will choose. I still believe the cheats somehow weasles their way in. OFC

Texas is not a team that teams are going to want to see in their bracket. Definite 2 seed. Gonzaga may grab Arizona's 2 seed if they lose. Marquette is pounding Xavier.

It's a good day when KU loses and Duke wins. Let's hope Duke wins...
KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I wonder how Wojo feels about Marquette being really good before he got there and after he left. Ouch.

Bama are big and can hit the 3....but prone to going cold from 3 too....only takes one cold game to be dumped from the tournament....they should go deep in the tournament though if they just play to their normal standard. Did Duke recruit Miller?

Found a game from the 99 season I haven't seen since it aired. Duke St. John's at the Garden.
This was a really good St. John's team that made the Eilte Eight. They had Artest and Erik Barkley. I didn't attend the game but i saw it on TV. Brand controlled the boards. Avery had a tough time against Barkley. Bootsy Thornton went for 40 and completely outplayed Langdon. Maggette had double figures off the bench. Avery and Langdon both had 4 fouls with 11 minutes left. Duke's one weakness was backcourt depth in 99. Nate James and Carrawell played well. Burgess only played a few minutes and was a non factor. Brand and Carrawell were the difference. Artest hits a 3! Overtime.
Brand and Avery fouled out in OT. Duke going with Langdon, Maggette, James, Carrawell and Battier. Battier 3 point put back saves Duke. Battier takes 2 charges in OT. Duke wins by 4 in OT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liftee
Found a game from the 99 season I haven't seen since it aired. Duke St. John's at the Garden.
This was a really good St. John's team that made the Eilte Eight. They had Artest and Erik Barkley. I didn't attend the game but i saw it on TV. Brand controlled the boards. Avery had a tough time against Barkley. Bootsy Thornton went for 40 and completely outplayed Langdon. Maggette had double figures off the bench. Avery and Langdon both had 4 fouls with 11 minutes left. Duke's one weakness was backcourt depth in 99. Nate James and Carrawell played well. Burgess only played a few minutes and was a non factor. Brand and Carrawell were the difference. Artest hits a 3! Overtime.
Brand and Avery fouled out in OT. Duke going with Langdon, Maggette, James, Carrawell and Battier. Battier 3 point put back saves Duke. Battier takes 2 charges in OT. Duke wins by 4 in OT.

That will forever be remembered as the "Bootsy Thornton game", one of many where a guy had a career game against Duke.

Reactions: christophero
It was a high level game. SJU would beat Duke at Cameron the following year. Erik Barkley was a freshman that year and 5 star. He picked Avery's pocket a few times. Avery had a bad habit of dribbling too high. Barkley got drafted at the end of round one by the Blazers, and only lasted 2 years. I think he was a 2 and done if memory serves.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT