ADVERTISEMENT

Other games

christophero

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
May 2, 2017
I live out west and get to see a lot of Pac 12 games. Wanted to start a thread to discuss other games around the country. I find it interesting as they are teams we may have to face in the tournament.
UCLA lost to Illinios yesterday by 9. They look a bit thin up front with the top 25 freshman Bona their only decent big man. Jaquez and Tyger Campbell took 45 shots between them. Their top 10 freshman Amari Baily only had one point.
The Washington Huskies lost at home to California Baptist. Ouch. This is a terrible loss. Coach Hopkins may be on the hot seat if the Huskies fail to reach the postseason again.
Gonzaga got blown out at Texas this week. Their PG Hickman is not playing well and they seem to miss Holmgren more than expected. Malichi Smith, a SG transfer has been a disappointment so far and looks a step slow. I believe he was the top SG transfer prospect. Zags play Kentucky Sunday out in Spokane. It is a must win for both teams as Kentucky is coming off a loss to Michigan State.
Arizona State blew out Michigan this week. Good win for Hurley.
Syracuse lost to Colgate this week at home. Again. Ouch. I took a peek at their board and it's ugly. The general sentiment is that JB has outworn his welcome. Their freshman class is good, but not really instant impact guys. Girard is a huge liability on defense. There is a thread titled "burn it all down this is rock bottom" with 11 pages of comments.
Henry Coleman is averaging 14 and 9 for Texas A&M. They did lose this week after being ranked in the top 20. Coleman is a load down low and plays hard but still looks raw on offense. He looks like a good college player but probably not an NBA guy. Brakefield not doing much for Ole Miss. He had 7 in a win this week. he is averaging 8 and 4 on the season. I thought he would be a double digit scorer by now.

Last edited:
I remember Brakesfield looking good while Johnson was at Duke then after he left he kinda fell off.

Reactions: christophero
Brakefield really looked like a guy who could be a stud by his junior year. So far it has not happened.

I live out west and get to see a lot of Pac 12 games. Wanted to start a thread to discuss other games around the country. I find it interesting as they are teams we may have to face in the tournament.
UCLA lost to Illinios yesterday by 9. They look a bit thin up front with the top 25 freshman Bona their only decent big man. Jaquez and Tyger Campbell took 45 shots between them. Their top 10 freshman Amari Baily only had one point.
The Washington Huskies lost at home to California Baptist. Ouch. This is a terrible loss. Coach Hopkins may be on the hot seat if the Huskies fail to reach the postseason again.
Gonzaga got blown out at Texas this week. Their PG Hickman is not playing well and they seem to miss Holmgren more than expected. Malichi Smith, a SG transfer has been a disappointment so far and looks a step slow. I believe he was the top SG transfer prospect. Zags play Kentucky Sunday out in Spokane. It is a must win for both teams as Kentucky is coming off a loss to Michigan State.
Arizona State blew out Michigan this week. Good win for Hurley.
Syracuse lost to Colgate this week at home. Again. Ouch. I took a peek at their board and it's ugly. The general sentiment is that JB has outworn his welcome. Their freshman class is good, but not really instant impact guys. Girard is a huge liability on defense. There is a thread titled "burn it all down this is rock bottom" with 11 pages of comments.
Henry Coleman is averaging 14 and 9 for Texas A&M. They did lose this week after being ranked in the top 20. Coleman is a load down low and plays hard but still looks raw on offense. He looks like a good college player but probably not an NBA guy. Brakefield not doing much for Ole Miss. He had 7 in a win this week. he is averaging 8 and 4 on the season. I thought he would be a double digit scorer by now.
The acc has been taking it on the chin already. UVA big win over Baylor last night but among the lowlights are Colgate over SU as you mentioned. FSU is 0 and 4 with losses to Stetson and Troy. Pitt has lost to VCU. Bc has lost to Maine. The Big 10 challenge might go sideways this year

Reactions: christophero
UVA vs Illinois...good game...both look well organized. UVA benefiting from Clark's return..tough defense as always

Reactions: sheyduke
Zags took a beatdown from UT the other night so it will be interesting to see how they react...they are not dodging anyone in non conference play so a good indication of how good they will be going forward

Zags took a beatdown from UT the other night so it will be interesting to see how they react...they are not dodging anyone in non conference play so a good indication of how good they will be going forward
Agree, think they are a work in progress.

Funny they're not saying Gonzaga is overrated anymore. This isn't even a vintage Gonzaga team. Still a lot of time left though. Kentucky has cut it to 8. Now 68-57 with 8 minutes left. 10 point game 5 minutes left.
Final score Gonzaga 88 Kentucky 72.

Last edited:
Chris, rupp’s crybabies were saying how they were going to run Gonzaga out of the gym since Texas did and that Timme was no match for Oscar.

Kentucky fans really don’t know basketball and it shows hahahaha. I enjoy their meltdowns.
I think a few might be open to bringing Tubby back. Saying that Tubby’s worst team would run this “gang of clowns” out of the gym, that none of their players can shoot or play defense

Reactions: bullcity gamer
Rumor out is bacot uses For Men Only. By the way does anyone know what that is on top of his head? A cheater fan told me it is a ram's horn but it looks more like ram poop to me OFC.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Rumor out is bacot uses For Men Only. By the way does anyone know what that is on top of his head? A cheater fan told me it is a ram's horn but it looks more like ram poop to me OFC.
Amanda’s gonna take the WNBA by storm one of these days

Reactions: skysdad
Syracuse loses a close one to St. John's. Joe Girard with a woofaliscious 4 points on 1 of 10 shooting after scoring 31 the last game. Georgetown loses to American. How the mighty have fallen.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Syracuse loses a close one to St. John's. Joe Girard with a woofaliscious 4 points on 1 of 10 shooting after scoring 31 the last game. Georgetown loses to American. How the mighty have fallen.
I saw that Oreg St barely beat Tulsa and lost to Portland St by 13. Are they gonna be much of a test tom?

I saw that Oreg St barely beat Tulsa and lost to Portland St by 13. Are they gonna be much of a test tom?
Probably not. It will not be a pro Duke crowd, so best not let them hang around. The next game is much more challenging. Arizona beats Creighton by 2. That Baylor Schierman kid from Creighton had 11 points and 11 rebounds. I think he is averaging 12 and 9 on the season. He's a good rebounder. He reminds me of Taylor King a bit.

Last edited:
Wisconsin had Kansas on the ropes but folded down the stretch. Sounds familiar. Still a few minutes left. Kansas by 6. Wisconsin cut it to one with a minute left. Wisconsin now up by 1. This post is aging well.
Overtime!
Wow. Kansas escapes with a one point win. Last second put back. Game of the year so far. Happy Thanksgiving Wisconsin fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
Wisconsin had Kansas on the ropes but folded down the stretch. Sounds familiar. Still a few minutes left. Kansas by 6. Wisconsin cut it to one with a minute left. Wisconsin now up by 1. This post is aging well.
Overtime!
Wow. Kansas escapes with a one point win. Last second put back. Game of the year so far. Happy Thanksgiving Wisconsin fans.
The shot it’s self was something else.

cheaters can't get a call. Really gerting screwed by the officials. bacot has three fouls and hasn't touched anybody yet and is getting murdered . Just thought I would post from what a cheater u's view is. 😀? OFC

Reactions: KDSTONE
Remarkable that Bacot gets 3 fouls and then can't foul anymore no matter who he bumps into. Amazing how he is able to do that.

Remarkable that Bacot gets 3 fouls and then can't foul anymore no matter who he bumps into. Amazing how he is able to do that.
He intimidates the refs with his steely glare He calls it “ Sky Blue Steel”

ISU gets up 4, refs take over. 4 ISU fouls in just over a minute 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT