ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread Duke vs NC St round 3 ELITE EIGHT ADDITION

Personally I think Proctor and Mitchell are close to being very good college players. Not today obviously. Roach just seems like he's moving on, and can't seem to stay healthy. I'd take Roach back. My guess is Proctor, Mitchell, and Stewart return. I think McCain had balled out in the tourney and will go pro.

Why do you think Stewart stays? He was basically decoration on the bench this year when he could have had a ton of burn at any other program in the country. Duke needs to fix this problem where players that can play literally rot on the bench for most of the year.

Reactions: youngman42
Elite Eight is about what I projected for this team in the summer. We overachieved based on underachieving late, but this was about where we were preseason. Maybe a big guy short of a final four. NC State was a bad matchup for us with their big man.

Elite Eight is about what I projected for this team in the summer. We overachieved based on underachieving late, but this was about where we were preseason. Maybe a big guy short of a final four. NC State was a bad matchup for us with their big man.
I don’t believe this because we beat them by 15 on their home court . The last two games we played them , we got away from what worked in Raliegh . We even had both their bigs in foul trouble . The issue has always been with this team , once they get rattled they start iso and jacking up three’s . No ball movement.

Social media is a cesspool. The amount of homophobic slurs being directed at McCain right now is disturbing. I don't have any social media, but my girlfriend just showed me countless posts calling him a "fag" and shit. What is wrong with people?

I'm proud of this team. We may find out a bunch of internal problems that might've played a role this season.

Social media is a cesspool. The amount of homophobic slurs being directed at McCain right now is disturbing. I don't have any social media, but my girlfriend just showed me countless posts calling him a "fag" and shit. What is wrong with people?
Tell them bums to come say that to me ! McCain is the only reason Duke didn’t get beat by twenty . I hate internet ****ing bully’s !!

I'm proud of this team. We may find out a bunch of internal problems that might've played a role this season.
Shut it off ! It won’t get better that’s why I don’t have it . Want to be big guys hiding behind screen names !

Elite Eight is much better than round of 32. I just hope we don't lose the whole team. Maybe Blakes returns as he got burn in the tournament. The Houston game may have taken a lot out of us, that's life as a 4 seed.
Words of wisdom texted by my dad.
"Rough loss. Great season. Happy Easter."

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Tell them bums to come say that to me ! McCain is the only reason Duke didn’t get beat by twenty . I hate internet ****ing bully’s !!
Yeah, I told her that's why I don't have that shit. I hate it. McCain is awesome. I don't care what his sexuality is. Hell, painting your nails doesn't make you gay. And if he is, so what? That kid is a ****ing baller!

Reactions: sheyduke and ioliva
Yeah, I told her that's why I don't have that shit. I hate it. McCain is awesome. I don't care what his sexuality is. Hell, painting your nails doesn't make you gay. And if he is, so what? That kid is a ****ing baller!
Agreed. Easily my favorite player from this team. Has heart and plays hard. If I had a choice he’d be the guy I bring back for next year

Tired of Duke playing with only two or three bench players. Program like Duke should be able to field at least ten quality players.

I’ve said it almost all season, that your core guys (starters) have to carry the load. Let’s be honest, ours is weak. Proctor hasn’t been what he was hyped to be, and Mitchell is an offensive liability. Two sophomores. That makes it hard on the other 3, especially when you factor in the bench guys have little offensive skills.

Sure, Jon maybe could have done some things better during the season, but on offense, we were basically 3 on 5.

The starters for three of the four final four teams are very solid, with Purdue being the exception. It’s just their star is 7-4 and 300 lbs with a great skill set.

They do it to get a rise out of you. Just treat it like AI generated posts. Not a representation of anyone.

Elite Eight is much better than round of 32. I just hope we don't lose the whole team. Maybe Blakes returns as he got burn in the tournament. The Houston game may have taken a lot out of us, that's life as a 4 seed.
Words of wisdom texted by my dad.
"Rough loss. Great season. Happy Easter."
I do think we were tired. But we got rattled. Jon has had a remarkable first two years. He got better this year. And so will Duke from here on out. Obviously, Young is gone. But everything else is up in the air. It was a good season. Jon will have us cutting more nets down soon enough.

I don’t care times change all I care about is you play for the name on the jersey and he was . He was still playing defense in the final minutes if you can’t respect that while the rest of the players stand there then you aren’t a Duke fan !

I don’t care times change all I care about is you play for the name on the jersey and he was . He was still playing defense in the final minutes if you can’t respect that while the rest of the players stand there then you aren’t a Duke fan !
Damn right! Kid is a complete player. I'd love to have him for another year.

Now, see, if all that is gold, Proctor/Mitchell aren't returning.
Yes if Proctor returns , Foster leaves. If McCain returns we probably lose Harris . Mitchell right now outside of being a junior . I don’t think he scares off any SF from starting . He will have to battle if he returns .

...but I don't want kids with bad habits or kids that had two decent years at a mid - major and think they are ready for BIG Monday on ESPN.
Bro we’ve pulled guys like Neil begovich and kale catching from the portal. I’ll never understand the point of those additions. I’d rather have a mid major who’s proven he can ball than those guys

The turning point was when Flip got into foul trouble. Think State brought in middlebrooks just to frustrate Flip and hopefully to get a foul call on him and it worked. We're not deep enough and talented enough offensively for Flip to be in foul trouble.

That being said, it always sucks losing especially when it's the last game. I don't think we had a chance against either of UConn or Purdue.

Bro we’ve pulled guys like Neil begovich and kale catching from the portal. I’ll never understand the point of those additions. I’d rather have a mid major who’s proven he can ball than those guys
They continue to say practice players but Duke needs bench players who actually play to help !

Just got through the thread I was behind some on the game.. tough L and I hate it but let’s be honest.. an elite eight for this team was impressive and I’m proud of that! This Nc state team has some serious magic and I hope they win it all. Edey and burns will be a lot of fun.

Already missing Duke basketball and ready for November Go duke!

I was mostly just upset that the team didn't really have a fire under them after losing in the ACCT.

I thought it was awesome we were getting a rematch against an 11 seed of all things. How many 11 seeds have made a final four? Edey will eat Burns for lunch

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I was mostly just upset that the team didn't really have a fire under them after losing in the ACCT.

I thought it was awesome we were getting a rematch against an 11 seed of all things. How many 11 seeds have made a final four? Edey will eat Burns for lunch
I don’t know . Edey can’t really move Burns lol

Locker room and practice guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT