ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

Timo, posts like that actually make me miss THR.

I need to set up a fake account to access THR just to get my daily fix of crazy in.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I've run into some obnoxious UNC fans from time to time over the years and even some of my friends are obnoxious UNC fans but I never thought it was possible to see so many obnoxious and idiotic UNC fans in 1 place until I started going over to THR. I've been banned from there for probably about 2 years now but I still enjoy getting a good laugh from time to time when I go read some of the totally crazy chit that they post over there. lol

And Chapelheeled just confirmed that Tom79 was "right on the mark!" Yep, you got it guys, you nailed it. A few college age kids, (who aren't even drinking) are breaking the rules for accepting impermissible benefits. I guess they must not have paid for their sodas and nachos.

This is a gem, stretch any further and you'll be in another state. Chapleheeled posts this link about Tyus, Jah, Amile and Matty all hanging out together at a party in L.A. and tries to start a suggested negative on this- http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/09/jahlil-okafor-lovin-cali-with-duke-teammates/

Won't put words in his mouth, don't have to. Tom79 writes: "How many in that photo op at the "party" are still enrolled as student/athletes in Derm? If any, then we have an impermissible benefits issue, if not then it's a party attended by some potential NBA'ers..."

Can't make that up. Impermissible benefits for hanging out with your friends? HAHAHA
I'm telling the world that that Chapelheeled dude is so full of hatred towards anything not powder puff sissy blue that he has venom dripping from his eyes. He is the most negative poster on their board and many of his post don't even get a reply from other THR members.

I'm telling the world that that Chapelheeled dude is so full of hatred towards anything not powder puff sissy blue that he has venom dripping from his eyes. He is the most negative poster on their board and many of his post don't even get a reply from other THR members.
Haha, to that point, that thread only has a few replies, so that would certainly be proven correct in that circumstance.

Funny thing- rarely go over to RR, but it is the off-season. Some UNC fan posted this same link over there with the "check this out" post- got absolutely clobbered. Pretty bad when not even the RR faithful are going to bite- they openly chewed the guy out with some rather funny responses all to the effect of, are you seriously trying to make something of this?

Haha, to that point, that thread only has a few replies, so that would certainly be proven correct in that circumstance.

Funny thing- rarely go over to RR, but it is the off-season. Some UNC fan posted this same link over there with the "check this

Yeah, and I've never seen a poster that goes to such extremes to make it clear that what he's spewing is "in his opinion". He makes sentences, almost paragraphs sometimes to that effect...doesn't want anyone calling him out on his drivel.

OFC

Mark I can't think of a single reason why t
Yeah, and I've never seen a poster that goes to such extremes to make it clear that what he's spewing is "in his opinion". He makes sentences, almost paragraphs sometimes to that effect...doesn't want anyone calling him out on his drivel.

OFC
Dirt I have noticed that "in my opinion" he almost always uses that. Well, in my opinion Chapehelled is an idiot. And thats not just my opinion but the opinion of almost all readers including his own peers.

Mark I can't think of a single reason why t

Dirt I have noticed that "in my opinion" he almost always uses that. Well, in my opinion Chapehelled is an idiot. And thats not just my opinion but the opinion of almost all readers including his own peers.
I shit you not he's still going on this shtick about how the NCAA should begin investigating Duke for impermissible benefits. I CANNOT MAKE THIS UP. That is some scary scary stuff that you can twist something so far in your brain to convince yourself that something is there.

Since I can't read THR, I'll post something that probably could come from THR:

"Massage therapist told me, she said, 'You know, coach, what happened in Haiti is a catastrophe. What you're having is a disappointment.' I told her that depends on what chair she was sitting in. Because it does feel like a catastrophe to me, because it is my life."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/11/roy-williams-haiti-analog_n_457906.html

Since I can't read THR, I'll post something that probably could come from THR:

"Massage therapist told me, she said, 'You know, coach, what happened in Haiti is a catastrophe. What you're having is a disappointment.' I told her that depends on what chair she was sitting in. Because it does feel like a catastrophe to me, because it is my life."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/11/roy-williams-haiti-analog_n_457906.html

Mark, they must have changed things with the new format because even when you were banned before you could still read THR. I think there are some internet browsers (or options under them) that will allow you to browse and keep your ip address cloaked...which would allow you to read the forums.

I do know there is a software 'sandboxie' that you can get from www.sandboxie.com that will allow you to access sites (shady sites, want to keep your identity safe, etc.) and it works really well. They have a pay version, but the 'for free' version you can download works just as well...you only have to wait 5 seconds when you first fire it up, and you're good to go. It should allow you read the threads (as long as you're not required to sign up...which I don't think you do...as of now). Oh, and I have nothing to do with 'sandboxie' in any shape or form...I'm just recommending it...ymmv.

OFC

Mark, they must have changed things with the new format because even when you were banned before you could still read THR. I think there are some internet browsers (or options under them) that will allow you to browse and keep your ip address cloaked...which would allow you to read the forums.

I do know there is a software 'sandboxie' that you can get from www.sandboxie.com that will allow you to access sites (shady sites, want to keep your identity safe, etc.) and it works really well. They have a pay version, but the 'for free' version you can download works just as well...you only have to wait 5 seconds when you first fire it up, and you're good to go. It should allow you read the threads (as long as you're not required to sign up...which I don't think you do...as of now). Oh, and I have nothing to do with 'sandboxie' in any shape or form...I'm just recommending it...ymmv.

OFC
Thanks ODD! I'll get it figured out at some point. I think I've always been banned over there, but my access to the board was completely disabled the day the NOA were released. Coincidence?

Thanks ODD! I'll get it figured out at some point. I think I've always been banned over there, but my access to the board was completely disabled the day the NOA were released. Coincidence?
Ask chapelheeled. probably will accuse you of supplying impermissible benefits to current players. Probably not that far fetched to be honest (him accusing you of such).

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Booyah, I just realized I could read THR if I simply logged out of my Rivals account. Just came across this gem from DSouth regarding how this entire academic fraud originated:

"So we had rouge dept head in a program that in our PC world no one really wanted to touch and even those that either knew or suspected things may smell funny elected to kick the can down the road and not themselves be the one getting the racist hammer. The funny thing is UNC will NEVER be known as a conservative school along the lines is Jerry Falwell U, I think many UNC Fans and alums would prefer UNC to be not nearly as liberal a school as it has become."

:confused:

Reactions: DukeDenver
Just came across this gem from DSouth regarding how this entire academic fraud originated:

"So we had rouge dept head in a program that in our PC world no one really wanted to touch and even those that either knew or suspected things may smell funny elected to kick the can down the road and not themselves be the one getting the racist hammer. The funny thing is UNC will NEVER be known as a conservative school along the lines is Jerry Falwell U, I think many UNC Fans and alums would prefer UNC to be not nearly as liberal a school as it has become."

:confused:

Yes, as if the AFAM department had something to gain from running a phony class scam. Why would they be doing it on their own? Why were athletes beating out regular students for those seats? And we're supposed to believe no one in the academic offices or sports admins knew about it over 18 years?

Reactions: skysdad
Yes, as if the AFAM department had something to gain from running a phony class scam. Why would they be doing it on their own? Why were athletes beating out regular students for those seats? And we're supposed to believe no one in the academic offices or sports admins knew about it over 18 years?
Well i cant answer the first or last question for you, but usually when it comes to scheduling classes, athletes always get the first priority. It's like that pretty much everywhere.

Yes we are supposed to believe no one in the academic offices or sports admins knew nothing of it over 18 years. HOF Coach Roy Williams would have told us so if they knew. Have we forgotten "The Carolina Way?"

Not from THR, but a fan on the "Main Board" for college football posted this in a thread with a poll about UNC's transgressions:

That indeed will be a tragedy and a catastrophe or even worse. It could be the end of the college basketball as we know it. It will be the death of a nation. That wonderful shining light at on the hill city on the hill will dim , flicker and go out. The game will never recover and the evil destroyer (NCAA) reaps the sickle across Franklin St. May mercy over ride justice so we all can be spared and the chosen and entitled regain what is rightfully theirs. :rolleyes:;):D OFC.

Smooth as butter with some straight up delusional thinking:

"I feel confident Roy and his staff can bring in a top 5 class next year."

I like ChapelHeeled. Unfortunately, I think even his own fanbase is growing tired of him. We had a poster like him here once but the name escapes me. Every time I saw a thread started by him I'd cringe worrying about what I'd find when I opened said thread. It was delusional anti-UNC hate, pretty much like this ChapelHeeled fella and his anti-Duke rhetoric. The worst part is some of it is so out there that you almost convince yourself he can't be serious and he's doing it just to put us on.

Just curious dukiejay, why do you like him? he hates Duke with a passion and says things that are not true on a regular basis. I agree with you that his own peers see him as an embarrassment to their board though.

Just curious dukiejay, why do you like him? he hates Duke with a passion and says things that are not true on a regular basis. I agree with you that his own peers see him as an embarrassment to their board though.
Because it is comical would be my guess.

Reactions: bgeekb
Yeah, I should have clarified. It's not that I "like" him, but any person who has Duke into his head that much has to have some likable features....hahaha.

Reactions: pisgah101
Smooth as Butter has not been keeping up with the happenings. The biggest concern they have is what 3 star is going to run the point. They are having difficult time just getting players for visits.

Haha...yeah, that is a coincidence!
Glad you got it figured it out...sorta...reading some of that crap over there will make you blind.

OFC

Yeah, I should have clarified. It's not that I "like" him, but any person who has Duke into his head that much has to have some likable features....hahaha.

dj Heeled has his head and his behind reversed because he has posted way too much stupid hate messages about Duke University, Coach K and especially our players and Lance Thomas having impermissible benefits as well as the Okafor party in LA...God Bless him.

I got a chuckle over there this morning. Archer had posted asking the difference between Maggette and Camby's situaiton. A few people, myself included, said that they were fundamentally different because Maggette took 2K from an AAU coach in high school before he was affiliated with Duke in any way, and Camby took 20K+ while a student and player at UMass.

Archer responded: "Both players were ineligible regardless. If you're going to vacate at one school, you have to vacate at both. Either you played an ineligible player or you didn't. It isn't rocket science."

I responded: "I think that is a big oversimplification, but if you want to take that hard line of a stance on the issue that is certainly your right. With that in mind, let me pose you a question: Let's say hypothetically that after reviewing the transcripts of Roy's two national championship teams, it is revealed that some players only maintained eligibility due to the classes that have now proven definitively to be shams (meaning that without the credits aquired through the no-show classes, the players would not have had enough credits to be eligible). Would you still maintain your hard-line, black and white, cut-and-dried, line in the sand position then?"

They very bravely deleted my post before someone had to answer that question. Hysterical.

Huffy with some of the THR fans, at least an elite handful, maybe two handfuls, everything they say to an outsider makes them sound more and more desperate and foolish. It must be really sad and horrible to the UNC faithful how far they have fallen and sunk to the bottom.

I ultimately think the NCAA will find a way to avoid hitting men's bball with any real sanctions, which will be tough to justify given how they hammered Syracuse for something far, far smaller. However, the far greater punishment has already been handed out: the permanent redefining of the phrase "The Carolina Way." That black mark will long outlast any postseason bans or scholarship restrictions.

For the THR lurkers:

rashad-mccants.jpg

unc_Cheats_Internet_Patrol.gif

Found these gems on RR. Not sure if they've already been posted here.

Reactions: Bludvls1
Ever notice how many of these THR posters we are speaking of used to post over here in a civil manner before our NC of 2010? After that championship they changed and ended p getting banned. All was well as long as we weren't winnnig NC's. OFC

Reactions: FearTheBeard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT