ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

I just saw this gem from steat "K does not like the Heels #1 ranking and the Williams signing absolutely pissed him off according to the word I'm getting. DSouthr, you might be on to something here." He's truly delusional.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
I just saw this gem from steat "K does not like the Heels #1 ranking and the Williams signing absolutely pissed him off according to the word I'm getting. DSouthr, you might be on to something here." He's truly delusional.
Where do they come up with this stuff? The first part I can believe because K is a competitor and if he was content with another program being ranked #1, he wouldn't have gotten to 1K wins and 5 nattys. The second part though, is a mess of crap that even steat must have had a hard time believing as he was typing it.

Where do they come up with this stuff? The first part I can believe because K is a competitor and if he was content with another program being ranked #1, he wouldn't have gotten to 1K wins and 5 nattys. The second part though, is a mess of crap that even steat must have had a hard time believing as he was typing it.
I tried to debunk the nonsense but there is so much of it it's nearly impossible. He came back with "well this is the same source that said K was pissed after the barnes announcement". Uhhh yeah, no kidding- the whole town knows he was pissed about the way it went down. Pretty sure when he says he's announcing on skype, and you dont have skype, you're not getting him even though he told you, "coach save #40 for me" the few days prior.

Then the whole Dsouth thing which why, admittally my own fault, i even engaged- saying that K was poaching Caleb since we had recruited him hard and made him a priority before? WHAT? Naturally i said that is 1000% false and just not even a shred of truth too, and he then questions where i am coming from hahaha. So you can throw out whatever conspiracy theories you want over there, but then have to defend the facts on your side. Crazy.

The whole Kenny WIlliams piece of it was pretty humorous too. "The missing piece" and the 2nd best shooter since JJ- Williams is a very good shooter, but let me be clear here. Unless he was actually JJ coming out of HS he's not finding many minutes in that rotation that includes Berry, Paige, Britt, Pinson, etc. There are only so many shots to go around.

Coach K not liking their #1 ranking makes sense because of course a coach isn't going to like it if their biggest rival is ranked #1. As far as being pissed about them signing Williams, that's almost as an idiotic statement as "a sophomore Meeks will be better than a freshman Jah" lol

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Right, i mean yeah he's from a competitive standpoint not happy- not sure how else to say that- you want to beat your rival so yes, anytime they're ranked ahead of you you're gunnign for them. That again is just a natural competitive fire. Not ground breaking stuff.

I'm fairly certain that Coach 1k isn't really concerned about UNC CHEAT'S preseason ranking. He is probably too busy, looking up at the new banner; or polishing his new ring; or thinking of his lovely wife and family; or chatting up LeBron, Kobe, or KD; checking his bank account; texting Giles and Smith and Tatum, or hell, he could be eating some left-over nanner puddin at the Ingram's. Life's just too good right not for K to give a s&@t about Roy and UNC!

It sure isn't as much fun on the board now. With our complete domination over our buddies down the road, they don't seem to come on here and entertain us as often. I miss them.

OFC

You mean the #87 recruit?

Exactly. UNC-CH is one of the four or five absolute blue-bloods, and to have a recruiting cycle where they are unable to land a single player in the top 75 has to be alarming to them.

It's on THR, but it came from Roy Williams:

"We made some mistakes at our university, mistakes we are not proud of. And yet it has been so sensationalized, just off the charts about what has happened."

Yeah, a 20-year institution wide academic scandal perpetuating an ongoing fraud (funded by taxpayer money) keeping hundreds of athletes eligible and warranting an accreditation review isn't something that deserves attention. Some mistakes? Wow, the blind leading the blind in Chapel Hill.

Reactions: dbav
I know some people here disagree with me ..I will be mild. Roy is not a real good person. Nothing he says or does any more surprises me.

"We made some mistakes at our university, mistakes we are not proud of. And yet it has been so sensationalized, just off the charts about what has happened."

Yeah, a 20-year institution wide academic scandal perpetuating an ongoing fraud (funded by taxpayer money) keeping hundreds of athletes eligible and warranting an accreditation review isn't something that deserves attention. Some mistakes? Wow, the blind leading the blind in Chapel Hill.
What HOF Coach Roy Williams is actually saying we're THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA and I dare anyone to do something about it because every one does it. We've won 5 NCAA national championships and a Helms Trophy and daggumit it's not fair. . If anyone deserves amnesty it's THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA and by being THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA we are ENTITLED. We've suffered enough with this tragedy that we don't deserve. THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA is bigger and more powerful than the NCAA and the cronies that run it. I'm telling every one right to back off because we have 3 powerful alumni that wil make life miserable for all who condemn THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA and their names are THE ACC COMMISSIONER John Swofford, THE HONORABLE MIike Nifong and THE HONORABLE JOHN EDWARDS who could have been THE OF PRESIDENT THE UNITED STATES right now.. Don't tread on THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA. OFC

From Steat about Harrison Barnes:

"I agree for the most most part except him leaving for another team. If he can get a "max" contract and help make Golden State become a team similar San Antonio he may stick around. I see no reason why he can't become the "third' superstar on the team and be in contention for a title for the next 7-10 years."

Later on in the thread from sk1310:

"he will get a max. the stats dont tell his whole game and the playoffs are showing that. He is quickly becoming one of the top defenders in the league...."

Still yummy...
Lets be honest folks. How many of you picked UNC to win last night on the record? The Heels learned something last night which is going to be valuable down the stretch...."They can beat Duke". The only bad match-up for the Heels in the conference is Virginia. Stay out of Virginia's side of the draw and the Heels have a good chance to make the ACC Championship game. Quinn Cook had a career game and the chances of that happening again are slim and none.

Remember that Connecticut got hot last year and won the Dance with over 10 losses. The Heels will be playing with house money the rest of the way.

Duke fans should be worried, especially if they are expecting a Final Four appearance. Don't see that happening. Don't be shocked to see the Heels go further than Duke in the Dance.

I know last night's game is upsetting to many. Time to move on....NEXT!

This post was edited on 2/19 11:36 AM by Steat

Good ol slinger, somebody go over there and bump this thread.

That's a fair albeit trolling response. But I get what Steat's saying. We gave duke that game. We were the better team for most of the night and pissed it away down the stretch. In addition, the calls seemed to favor duke. I'm not saying that the officiating lost the game for us. But we played through some questionable calls and built a lead that 90% of the time would be insurmountable.

I credit duke for staying tough and espcially Tyus Jones for making big plays (although that was a complete garbage call on Joel Berry when Jones clearly initiated the contact of hitting Berry in the chin with his elbow but he got the call and converted a crucial 3 point play). He's a gamer.

As far as who's had the better season, that's irrelevant at this point. I know duke fans and K love to crow about winning a bunch of games in Nov and Dec but look where that's gotten you 2 out of the last 3 years. If we split, and duke nor UNC win the ACC tournament or national title, then the teams had basically the same season. Neither team will have achieved its goal. Because teams like duke and UNC don't measure seasons by who won a couple more games than the other. Seasons are measured by banners. 2nd place is the first place loser.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
Lazy Saturday afternoon for me so I happened to check the latest on UNC boards....similar to when I was a child in the 60's I would reach for Mad Magazine.
I have to make note of the post about which UNC player has the most NBA potential.
Some idiot nominates Isiah Hicks which is maybe far fetched .... but then they compare Hicks to Tristan Thompson for Cleveland who happens to be maybe the best offensive rebounder in the NBA.
That lunacy along with Steat saying Harrison Barnes should get a max contract are the funniest things they have said since predicting Kendall Marshall is the next Jason Kidd.

Sounds like something a Tar Heel fan would say. ( not Gastineau's post)OFC

Is it just me, or is anyone else having issues reading THR today? I was out on vacation last Thursday through last night and wanted to read up on their reaction to the NOA. Each time I've tried to check it out today, it keeps saying "error" and informing me I was banned for a violation of board rules. I wonder if their site is just down, or their restriction on outsiders is conveniently timed.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Also, the article on their main page dismissing the NOA totally belongs in this thread. What a homer of a writer.

Is it just me, or is anyone else having issues reading THR today? I was out on vacation last Thursday through last night and wanted to read up on their reaction to the NOA. Each time I've tried to check it out today, it keeps saying "error" and informing me I was banned for a violation of board rules. I wonder if their site is just down, or their restriction on outsiders is conveniently timed.

Think its you buddy....guess you were banned!

You were banned. I just went over there and I have no issues reading threads.

Perhaps it should be a badge of honor for us to be banned from over there. OFC

I was banned before and could still read the board. I have to think my continuous updating of this thread led their mods to completely ban me. How sad. Reading that lunacy was always good for a laugh.

Looks like you guys will have to keep this thing going!

Mark, I get the same message at the THR that you did. It says I've been banned for a rules violation. I've only posted over there one time & that was months ago. I guess they didn't like what I posted!
OFC

DSouthr is just on fire. Must have a lot of free time to keep the positive spin cycle going. He's posted some touching novels.

Yeah, I tried talking to some of them but gave up. I'm the idiot for thinking you could talk bball with them - obviously you can't without straight psychos like Archer and DSouthr floating around, taking this crap far too personally. I feel bad for their families when UNC loses a game.....

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
This is a gem, stretch any further and you'll be in another state. Chapleheeled posts this link about Tyus, Jah, Amile and Matty all hanging out together at a party in L.A. and tries to start a suggested negative on this- http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/09/jahlil-okafor-lovin-cali-with-duke-teammates/

Won't put words in his mouth, don't have to. Tom79 writes: "How many in that photo op at the "party" are still enrolled as student/athletes in Derm? If any, then we have an impermissible benefits issue, if not then it's a party attended by some potential NBA'ers..."

Can't make that up. Impermissible benefits for hanging out with your friends? HAHAHA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT