ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

Don't forget that they also said they had the best incoming freshmen class in the nation last year. These Tar Fools just seem to establish their own facts don't they. Its simply astounding how anyone can be that large of a homer.
You almost have to respect it.

Well, he does throw a really nice outlet pass.

Oddly that might be a good thing given Roy's system.

That being said, it assumes he ever gets a rebound over anyone taller than 6'2".

Luke, use the Force.....the force....I said the Force.

Luke%20Maye%20UNC%20Yoda%20Bandwagon.jpg

OFC

Is it just me or does Luke Maye have a tattooed farmer's tan? Is he ashamed of his physique or something? I mean, he's sort of built like Anthony Davis, if you focus only on his brow.

LOL! I wonder if his brow is one and done?

OFC

Luke Maye will actually be a program-guy for them. Just like the Williams kid they just signed. Neither will ever likely be anything more than 15-18 mpg kind of players. If they are, then that means UNC's recruiting struggles continue.

Reactions: MustSeeTV
Luke Maye is slower than molasses running uphill in winter.

I'm sure he is a solid kid and a hard worker (who is staunchly opposed to sunblock), but he doesn't seem to be an ACC player. Time will tell I suppose.

And that unibrow makes Anthony Davis look like Powder.

Not a THR Quote, but this is a quality one from the ESPN comments section about UNC's recent ecruiting woes: "Kenny Williams fills a bigger hole than Ingram would've. The team needed perimeter options and now they have one." Yes, I'm sure most coaches would prefer a 4-year role player over an NBA lottery pick. Go figure.

Not a THR Quote, but this is a quality one from the ESPN comments section about UNC's recent ecruiting woes: "Kenny Williams fills a bigger hole than Ingram would've. The team needed perimeter options and now they have one." Yes, I'm sure most coaches would prefer a 4-year role player over an NBA lottery pick. Go figure.

To say the least, that is a reach. Ingram, an eventual lottery pick vs. Williams, a guy who barely cracked the top 100 and most likely does not have an NBA future.

Williams will be a good program guy and a four-year player for them, but some of their comments are just head-scratchers. The only two guys they landed this year are outside the top 80, so they are viewing them even more unrealistically than they do their normal recruits.

Kind of surprised that Maryland wasn't sent to Dook, especially with Sulaimon joining them.
Should be a great game & I look forward to beating them for old times sake.
K rather have an easier win, UI ranked lower pre-season.

Didn't realize that Coach K handles the scheduling! He must have taken last year off siince you know, we went to the #2 team in the country on the road. Man, he's so selfish.

He should have stayed in the oven longer cause he wasn't ready to be born.

I enjoy this board, but I hate to hear those that bash kids that are 18-22 yrs old about how they look or how unathletic they appear. Don't stoop to the level of others. I grew up competing against Luke's dad, great guy and I'm sure his son is to.

Reactions: BluePhil
I enjoy this board, but I hate to hear those that bash kids that are 18-22 yrs old about how they look or how unathletic they appear. Don't stoop to the level of others. I grew up competing against Luke's dad, great guy and I'm sure his son is to.

I suppose it's a matter of perspective. I don't see anyone 'bashing' Luke. What I do see are rival fans poking a little fun at a future rival player. I don't see anyone calling him a POS, or saying he looks like a RAT. Pretty mild stuff imo. If he's planning on playing division 1 basketball he'll have to get used to much, much, much worse than any of this.

Now on Luke's performance (per the mixtape)...I'm not that impressed. Doesn't mean he's not a decent player (or won't become one)...just means that I personally don't see anything that sticks out about him. Of course, it's just an opinion, and we all know about those and their association with a particular orifice.

Also, I see you know Luke's dad (or competed against him)...that brings a personal point of view to the way you see this too. Again, nothing against Luke (other than him playing for a rival)...but he will be made fun of from time to time...and if I'm right...more than that.;)

OFC

I get your point but like dirt said I never have seen on this board any player or coach being compared to Hitler, Satan, a rat, a POS (even some of us DI posers have been referred to as a POS over at THR), or any kind of unnecessary derogatory terms of description for anyone associated with UNC athletes or coaches. I am just stating exactly what I posted. I don't want to hear it anymore. Next year if your can remember to do so whenever UNC is playing and they span the UNC student section just notice how many beauty queens you see. It's kind of like the flopping issue when UNC nation gets on their kick about Duke players flopping. Just a note. UNC players have performed some of the greatest flops ever. OFC

I see what you're saying, but relatively DI is hands down the most respectful of Rivals most popular boards. In comparison, a jab here and there like you've seen in this thread pales in comparison to the vitriol you'll see directed at Duke on THR, RR and other boards.

Similarly, rival fans poked fun at "Scheyer Face" during Jon's tenure at Duke and I thought it was comical at times and a little rude at other times, but never did I think the "Scheyer Face" stuff crossed the line.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
FTB, I understand where you're coming from. I enjoy the bashing of THR posters, but not as much with their players.

I got to admit, looking at the highlights I'm stunned that ESPN has him in the top 100 and 247Sports has him in the top 150. He looks largely unimpressive. But doing a little research, I found that he averaged 20.7 ppg, 14.2 reb, 1.5 blk, 2.8 ast per game. Those are quality stats for someone playing in the 4A against schools in Charlotte. He won't be a program changer and may not even crack the rotation his first two years, but I think he'll eventually see some quality time. One thing you can notice from his videos, however, is he delivers excellent outlet passes. That alone probably won't merit a lot of playing time, but it something that definitely fits the mold of UNC's offense. They like to get out and run.

I got to admit, looking at the highlights I'm stunned that ESPN has him in the top 100 and 247Sports has him in the top 150. He looks largely unimpressive. But doing a little research, I found that he averaged 20.7 ppg, 14.2 reb, 1.5 blk, 2.8 ast per game. Those are quality stats for someone playing in the 4A against schools in Charlotte. He won't be a program changer and may not even crack the rotation his first two years, but I think he'll eventually see some quality time. One thing you can notice from his videos, however, is he delivers excellent outlet passes. That alone probably won't merit a lot of playing time, but it something that definitely fits the mold of UNC's offense. They like to get out and run.
ehh idk how impressive that is in 4A.

Kind of surprised that Maryland wasn't sent to Dook, especially with Sulaimon joining them.
Should be a great game & I look forward to beating them for old times sake.
K rather have an easier win, UI ranked lower pre-season.

Didn't realize that Coach K handles the scheduling! He must have taken last year off siince you know, we went to the #2 team in the country on the road. Man, he's so selfish.
Selective reasoning timo. Going back and looking at who Duke has played and beat in this challenge only destroys his little theory, so why mention it?

Selective reasoning timo. Going back and looking at who Duke has played and beat in this challenge only destroys his little theory, so why mention it?

That's why we have this thread Den- they're morons.

Kind of surprised that Maryland wasn't sent to Dook
This is a really picky critique, but can you please spell Duke correctly going forward. It always grinds my gears when people spell it like that. Maybe that's just me? Regardless, not trying to insult you.

Mark, he was quoting a UNC poster from the other site.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Totally my bad. I knew Timo was way too big of a Duke fan to spell it that way. Apologies all around. I should have figured it out considering the thread we're in, ha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT