ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

"UNC has always prided itself on doing things the right way. When we stray off the straight path, no one is tougher on us than we are ourselves. I take pride in that"

Wow. Archer. You sir, are the KING of the clueless.

Amazing, just simply amazing. The sad thing is that he's really believes that. OFC

Sometimes Gents, you're just given a masterpiece. Keysersosay has given that to us this afternoon:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-visits-duke-help-benefit-blue-devils-players

Too bad the basketball coach, the most selfish ,self aggrandizing phony in all sports, refuses to give up the Obvious advantage that maintaining his vice like grip on the reigns of USA basketball, gives to the dook basketball program

His recruiting had suffered prior to his gig there and since he has REFUSED to relinquish the opportunity to coach the team, after TWO gold medals, he has consistently reaped GREAT dividends from OAD players like Parker and Okafor

His selfishness and win at all costs approach, including the on going cover up of the six year old Lance Thomas $70k diamond extra benefit scam, are a testament to the lessons he needs to learn from his football counterpart at Dook.

Sometimes Gents, you're just given a masterpiece. Keysersosay has given that to us this afternoon:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-visits-duke-help-benefit-blue-devils-players

Too bad the basketball coach, the most selfish ,self aggrandizing phony in all sports, refuses to give up the Obvious advantage that maintaining his vice like grip on the reigns of USA basketball, gives to the dook basketball program

His recruiting had suffered prior to his gig there and since he has REFUSED to relinquish the opportunity to coach the team, after TWO gold medals, he has consistently reaped GREAT dividends from OAD players like Parker and Okafor

His selfishness and win at all costs approach, including the on going cover up of the six year old Lance Thomas $70k diamond extra benefit scam, are a testament to the lessons he needs to learn from his football counterpart at Dook.
wow

And that's the best he can come up with. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil

LOL. I love that guy. There's a whole set of other issues going on with him that no one here can clinically give advice or prescribe meds to. Imagine him and that ChapelHeeled guy in the same room together for a couple hours and let that set in for a minute. It would be scary what could come out of that.

Reactions: dbav
LOL. I love that guy. There's a whole set of other issues going on with him that no one here can clinically give advice or prescribe meds to. Imagine him and that ChapelHeeled guy in the same room together for a couple hours and let that set in for a minute. It would be scary what could come out of that.

Keysor and ChapelHeeled are two of the most despicable ass wipes on the planet who hate Duke equally with every breath it seems. Keysor lives for one purpose only and that is to hate Coach K and talk about the Thomas's jewelry scandal that wasn't . If they were in fact together in the same room a priest should be called in to do an exorcism. They are so jealous of Duke and K that it has ruined their with lives hatred.

Keysor and ChapelHeeled are two of the most despicable ass wipes on the planet who hate Duke equally with every breath it seems. Keysor lives for one purpose only and that is to hate Coach K and talk about the Thomas's jewelry scandal that wasn't . If they were in fact together in the same room a priest should be called in to do an exorcism. They are so jealous of Duke and K that it has ruined their with lives hatred.

They are a pair that's for sure Gottago!:D

OFC

I love them. They provide me with great amusement. :)

I for one am looking forward to the inevitable negative spin they put on the article you posted over there. Facts don't seem to hold up well in the face of delusion over there.

Mark, you're right about the negative spin...here's a beauty from Archer...

"Your response is typical dook BS. Dean was asked to return as well but he was classy enough to realize it was an honor that should be shared with the many other deserving coaches, so he declined. You act as if Knight Lite was forced to continue. Nothing could be further from the truth. He continues to do it because of the attention and recruiting advantages it affords him."

Here is what I posted in response...

While I will never argue that this helps Coach K with recruiting, what I don't understand is how this hasn't helped the other coaches. As you know, Jim Boeheim is the assistant coach with the same amount of access as Coach K.

And also, what about Billy Donovan, he was the head coach of the of the U18 for Team USA. You would think as the head coach of these recruits, he would have the most access, after all, he's coaching the actual kids.

I read and occasionally post over there, and while there are a few sane peeps, there are plenty of nut jobs, particularly guys like Archer. It goes beyond these boards - you can only pray or wish the best for guys like him.

"Your response is typical dook BS. Dean was asked to return as well but he was classy enough to realize it was an honor that should be shared with the many other deserving coaches, so he declined. You act as if Knight Lite was forced to continue. Nothing could be further from the truth. He continues to do it because of the attention and recruiting advantages it affords him."

While I will never argue that this helps Coach K with recruiting, what I don't understand is how this hasn't helped the other coaches. As you know, Jim Boeheim is the assistant coach with the same amount of access as Coach K.

And also, what about Billy Donovan, he was the head coach of the of the U18 for Team USA. You would think as the head coach of these recruits, he would have the most access, after all, he's coaching the actual kids.
How can you argue with all the facts that Archer just stated?

Reactions: Mark Gastineau

If Roy was coaching team USA and having the success that the program is currently having, and he was asked to be back every year, the UNC fans would be as happy as we are with K being the coach of team USA. Frankly, anything is better than the train wreck that was Larry Brown coaching team USA.

If Roy was coaching team USA and having the success that the program is currently having, and he was asked to be back every year, the UNC fans would be as happy as we are with K being the coach of team USA. Frankly, anything is better than the train wreck that was Larry Brown coaching team USA.
Denn, dont you understand that anyone can coach these pros? Well except for their own Larry Brown. But, dont you realize that the way the program has been built up, that now anyone can coach this group to gold.....oh and the program being built up has zero to do with K, he had nothing to do with it.

Also, dont you understand that Dean, willingly GAVE UP his spot as the coach so that OTHER COACHES could coach their country's team? that's how unselfish he was! Just blatantly ignoring history, or not buying into the made up history.

You know my favorite part about the whole thing in all honesty? DEAN fully endorsed K for the job! That's the best part, that's the elephant in the room.

BTW- Keys is having an absolute mental breakdown over there, it's not even funny anymore i'm actually concerned he's going to explode.

You know my favorite part about the whole thing in all honesty? DEAN fully endorsed K for the job! That's the best part, that's the elephant in the room.
Come on, timo! You know they hate facts over there:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/19/sports/ncaabasketball/19araton.html?_r=0

"Michael Jordan was in the house. So were Jerry West and Larry Bird and Olympic coaches dating to 1960, with the exception of Pete Newell, since deceased, and Bob Knight.

Jerry Colangelo had requested their attendance to begin the process of selecting a team and a coach for a three-year odyssey he was commissioned to make sure would conclude with the restoration of the United States as the world’s pre-eminent basketball power.

He wrote many names on a board, candidates to coach and play, and gave everyone a few minutes to speak. When it was Dean Smith’s turn, he told basketball’s elite, gathered by Colangelo in June 2005 at the National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame in Chicago, 'There’s only one college coach up there who can get the job done — and that’s Coach K.'"

Denn, dont you understand that anyone can coach these pros? Well except for their own Larry Brown. But, dont you realize that the way the program has been built up, that now anyone can coach this group to gold.....oh and the program being built up has zero to do with K, he had nothing to do with it.
Another excellent quote from the article I just listed:

"To the handful of journalists who have covered the N.B.A.’s globalization movement from the first McDonald’s Open in 1987, let me say there was an added poignancy in the dignity the players brought to Beijing, to their responsiveness to the climate Colangelo and Krzyzewski created. A good-size forest has been lost to the printed words detailing every American misstep, from the original Dream Team to the need for a Redeem Team last summer."

This just in from keyser:

"I was born in1953 and was watching Carolina basketball when you were probably a part of some speck of matter somewhere in the bowels of your father."

(1) It's not apparent who he is directing that statement to

(2) I don't think he understands how babies are made.

"I was born in1953 and was watching Carolina basketball when you were probably a part of some speck of matter somewhere in the bowels of your father."

I just came up with a tremendous business idea- a self help hotline/center for K & Duke haters. he'll be our first case study.

He was directing his comment to some guy named PinheadLarry93, who suggested that if Roy were the coach, he would want Roy to continue coaching Team USA for as long as possible.

If this guy named Keysersosay was really born in 1953, than he needs to settle down. He's risking health issues at his age, if he keeps this up.

However, no one over there has addressed my response to why Jim Boeheim and Billy Donovan haven't seen the same success as Coach K, but yet have as much or more access.

He was directing his comment to some guy named PinheadLarry93, who suggested that if Roy were the coach, he would want Roy to continue coaching Team USA for as long as possible.

If this guy named Keysersosay was really born in 1953, than he needs to settle down. He's risking health issues at his age, if he keeps this up.

However, no one over there has addressed my response to why Jim Boeheim and Billy Donovan haven't seen the same success as Coach K, but yet have as much or more access.
Or Sean & Archie Miller. Or Ed Cooley (Providence coach).

I would have assumed key was born in 1993 and not 1953. To be over 60 years old and that out of touch makes me feel sorry for him.

UNC fans hate K and they'll make up whatever they can to try and justify it. It was just six years ago that they wanted him to do it forever because they felt it was taking away from the Duke job and we were struggling. Now they've changed their tune.

Here's the truth of the matter. He's a better coach than Roy. He's as good or better than what Dean ever was. He's the most recognizable name in not just college sports but in all of sports. Right now he's kicking UNC's ass on a regular basis. He's won five national titles. He's been to 12 Final Fours. He's the all-time winningest coach in men's college basketball history. He's one of the most revered men in sports. He's dominating on the recruiting trail. He's doing it at tiny little Duke and showing up the big school down the road. How much further do you want me to go? Because I could keep listing away.

When you're as successful as he's been you can't attack his wins or losses and say he isn't good. Even as dumb as some of our friends are over there, they're not that dumb. So what's the next best thing to do? Attack his character. They know he's the best coach and it drives them crazy. But they can create the illusion that he's a bad person and hang their hats on that. Because really....that's the only thing they have. The only thing.

I would have assumed key was born in 1993 and not 1953. To be over 60 years old and that out of touch makes me feel sorry for him.

UNC fans hate K and they'll make up whatever they can to try and justify it. It was just six years ago that they wanted him to do it forever because they felt it was taking away from the Duke job and we were struggling. Now they've changed their tune.

Here's the truth of the matter. He's a better coach than Roy. He's as good or better than what Dean ever was. He's the most recognizable name in not just college sports but in all of sports. Right now he's kicking UNC's ass on a regular basis. He's won five national titles. He's been to 12 Final Fours. He's the all-time winningest coach in men's college basketball history. He's one of the most revered men in sports. He's dominating on the recruiting trail. He's doing it at tiny little Duke and showing up the big school down the road. How much further do you want me to go? Because I could keep listing away.

When you're as successful as he's been you can't attack his wins or losses and say he isn't good. Even as dumb as some of our friends are over there, they're not that dumb. So what's the next best thing to do? Attack his character. They know he's the best coach and it drives them crazy. But they can create the illusion that he's a bad person and hang their hats on that. Because really....that's the only thing they have. The only thing.

Great post, DJ...you nailed it.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad and dbav
That guy is that old?! He should be ashamed and embarrassed. He seems like an ill-informed 8th grader.
I don't think an 8th grader could be that full of hatred for another human being as he is towards K.

I imagine they're about to have a field day with Phil Jackson's misguided rant about Duke in the NBA. Conveniently enough, they probably think Vince Carter is still in his prime, Harrison Barnes is a perennial all-star, Kendall Marshall is a top-50 all-time player, and Michael Jordan is still on the Bulls' roster.

Reactions: pisgah101
And here we go, straight from DSouthr:

"But back on point, when you consider that Jordan, Worthy, and Rick Fox all individually have more rings as former dukies have collectively you have to ask what is up. Phil Jackson says what we already know, that former dukies don't enter the league well prepared for that level of play. Heck, Danny Green may have as many if not more rings than former dukies...There ya go recruits, want to have a less than you expect NBA career then by all means play for duke..."

So he goes back to players from the 80's to make his point? Also, he must have conveniently missed this year's NBA draft when 3 Duke players went in the first round, while 1 UNC player went in the second round. And last year, no UNC players were selected, while Duke had 2 first round picks.

I imagine they're about to have a field day with Phil Jackson's misguided rant about Duke in the NBA. Conveniently enough, they probably think Vince Carter is still in his prime, Harrison Barnes is a perennial all-star, Kendall Marshall is a top-50 all-time player, and Michael Jordan is still on the Bulls' roster.
Them and the Kentucky faithful are enjoying it thats for sure. It's such a stupid comment that it's hard to even get too worked up over it. What are your expectations? Superstars? There are maybe 10 superstars in the league.

Well I must say that Duke players and Coach K do seem better at winning NCAA Championships than NBA Championships. Coach K has more than the last 4 UNC coaches of Dean Smith, Bill Guthridge, Matt Dougherty and Roy Williams combined. The same goes for the last 6 UK coaches of J. Calamari, Rick P, Billy G, Eddie Sutton and Joe Hall. Duke just has this thing with NCAA Championships it seems.

Last edited:
Them and the Kentucky faithful are enjoying it thats for sure. It's such a stupid comment that it's hard to even get too worked up over it. What are your expectations? Superstars? There are maybe 10 superstars in the league.
Apparently Rondo was a superstar. And DeMarcus Cousins is now too.

Well I must say that Duke players and Coach K do seem better at winning NCAA Championships than NBA Championships. Coach K has more than the last 4 UNC coaches of Dean Smith, Bill Guthridge, Matt Dougherty and Roy Williams combined.
This. While I recognize that getting to the NBA is the goal of the elite recruits we're going after, I'm much more concerned with how Duke does in the college game.

Also, it's puzzling how many people are willing to overlook the possibility that Jabari Parker becomes a superstar now that he's healthy again, that Kyrie Irving continues his progression toward best PG in the league, that Jahlil has the body and skill set to be the next dominant big man, that Winslow has a freakish athleticism that can certainly justify superstar chatter down the road.

I know that Phil Jackson knows the NBA probably better than any coach but I think maybe what he said was an attempt to dishonor Coach K some. The basketball community in general seems to agree that K is the best out there among all coaches and maybe he feels it takes some of his (Jacksons) luster away. Maybe Duke does not produce the best and most prepared NBA players and maybe thats not a true statement by Jackson. I would like to know who Jackson thinks does prepare them the best. Is it that possibly K gets the most out of his players and simple wins championships while in college which I think is his job.

Last edited:
Its also probable that UNC certainly doesn't produce any better than Duke. Who have they had really great since the early to mid 80's. Which great NBA players has Roy actually produced at KU or UNC as compared to K.

Its also probable that UNC certainly doesn't produce any better than Duke. Who have they had really great since the early to mid 80's. Which great NBA players has Roy actually produced at KU or UNC as compared to K.
Since the 80's for UNC: Jerry Stackhouse, Antawn Jamison, and Vince Carter. Then a bunch of mediocre role players.

At Kansas: Paul Pierce is the only Kansas player that comes to mind as having a productive NBA career, then a bunch of mediocre role players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT