ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NC STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Grayson Allen plus our entire bench scored a total of 12 points..

Oh yea, and there was no defense to be found on this night.

A few should find their ass on the bench until they proved they can play something that resembles defense. Shit on your draft stock or how many years you've been there. I'd rather watch bench players lose out the rest of the way as long as they play hard. I've come across porta-jon toilet paper tougher than these guys. MAN THE **** UP!!!

Reactions: pisgah101
On to the next. We are a great offensive team and piss poor defensive team. Get ready for Pitt and try to get better.

The ACC has become Virginia’s to lose and we are playing our way out of a 1 seed

Reactions: dukecorey
We have no bench. Alex is a year away from contributing. Javin just fouls. He fouled out just15 minutes.

Sometimes we get to be the dogs head and sometimes it's the dogs ass. Tonight was another ass night. Lack of experience will continue to haunt us.

Hey atleast State is better then Boston college. Oh wait Duke lost to them too.

Road games count to. Last I checked losing your first two conference road games to lesser opponents isnt a receipt for success.

Yes Bags is a man but Grayson and Trent look like they were ready to hand in the towel and no bench we just got five players. Atleast in 2015 K did say eight was enough this year he flat out said no depth. Long season and we haven’t even played the top teams in the conference yet.

Last edited:
Can’t say I blame the bench for not scoring...let’s be real..they get absolutely zero opportunity...the starting five can be a disaster and they still don’t get opportunity...

I remember JWills team against Kentucky..K benched the entire starting five...the bench brought us back...the starters came in and rolled....K doesn’t hold guys accountable like that anymore on the court..off the court...yes...but on the court...he has his guys...and he runs them into the ground...

Hey atleast State is better then Boston college. Oh wait Duke lost to them too.

Road games count to. Last I checked losing your first two conference road games to lesser opponents is a receipt for success.

Yes Bags is a man but Grayson and Trent look like they were ready to hand in the towel and no bench we just got five players. Atleast in 2015 K did say eight was enough this year he flat out said no depth. Long season and we haven’t even played the top teams in the conference yet.
I think BC is better than NC State! NCState is a team that should be in the bottom of the ACC. The only thing I can say is that NC State beat Arizona, but that’s it.

Hats off to NCSU tonight. They out played us tonight. They wanted the game more and their coach had them well prepared. No excuses. Those black unis looked great though. OFC

I’m sorry but I’ll keep my hat on tonight. We lost that game. Gave it to them. We didn’t give them even 75% of our full effort.

Talking about the black unis I thought a lot of this boards posters really like them. I can't remember who they are but it was a lot. No we didn't lose because of the black uniforms but it does seem like we lose games when we wear them. Black is not a Duke color and we should not wear them just because of that. OFC

Reactions: toophly1124
I'll tell ya what we need, we need to practice, we need to rehearse!

I was one (probably the only one beside announcers) saying Trent was gone to the league but I wonder what has happened from high school to college because he seems so disengaged at times out there.

On to the next who we will crush but man can we do it on the road instead of on our court.

Damn, some of you guys are just a bunch of spoiled, pathetic quitters.
It's January 6th, we still have 15 conference games left. Let the season play out.
dukes91 you are so wrong. Should we be comlacent with just mediocre play. I imagine most of those you refer to just hate to see our team play with no intensity and make some teams look like world beaters while showing very little improvement except for maybe a player or two. Teams always get up for Duke as they do for all elite programs but a great team will usually overcome that. Some of us have very high expectations and want to see total effort every time we play.

Reactions: dukecorey
The pick and roll defense is atrocious, not sure why Duke did not go to the zone at the 10:00 mark in the second half.....

But Duval was not 100 percent and Grayson seemed to get bothered a couple times when he did not get the pass from Duval when he thought he should and kind of mailed it in on the offensive end tonight, just seems odd.

All the stuff going on seems to remind me of the sulaimon Situation, Duke needs to tighten the ranks and come together. I bet it happens sooner than later after all the smoke clears.

Reactions: dukesince91
At this level it's hard for the players to go 100 percent on defense when you don't sub. Even if we lose 10 games play the bench. I think Goldwire could have helped as he plays under control. But if your not playing the bench don't sub with 20 seconds to go to protect your stars

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
I think Duval not sharing the ball bothered Allen. Allen needs to be vocal point of the offense. Allen made some good passes

dukes91 you are so wrong. Should we be comlacent with just mediocre play. I imagine most of those you refer to just hate to see our team play with no intensity and make some teams look like world beaters while showing very little improvement except for maybe a player or two. Teams always get up for Duke as they do for all elite programs but a great team will usually overcome that. Some of us have very high expectations and want to see total effort every time we play.
I want to see total effort as well. It's just frustrating to hear fans bitching and moaning about what should be done. We, (us fans) haven't put any time or investment into the program. I guarantee you the coaching staff and players are hurting a helluva lot more than us fans.

I want to see total effort as well. It's just frustrating to hear fans bitching and moaning about what should be done. We, (us fans) haven't put any time or investment into the program. I guarantee you the coaching staff and players are hurting a helluva lot more than us fans.
Oh yeah and don't tell me I'm wrong.

Reactions: dukiejay
I think Duval not sharing the ball bothered Allen. Allen needs to be vocal point of the offense. Allen made some good passes
You mean Allen needs to be more vocal because Duke identity is scoring in the post this season.

Alex played a whopping 2 minutes and Trent played 38!!! Whyyyyyyyy? Alex wouldn't have won the game by any means but Trents shooting percentages have sucked and he isn't any better on defense. I'm not blaming Trent for the loss but dang something needs to change with bench production

Your not wrong but it don’t take a coach or player to see that something isn’t reaching the players. Either that or they like watching the opponents fan base storm the court.

Haha, there are some unhappy fans on this board. I sincerely hope they don't approach everything in life like they do a struggling Duke Basketball team. Just seems like a crappy way to live.

Reactions: dukesince91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT