ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NC STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Get tired of seeing K’s mad face on the bench....he needs to look in the mirror..he has an abundance of riches....

Now Alex is in? Hey you got yanked for making one mistake but let’s see f you can hit some 3s at the end of the game.

Reactions: sheyduke
Playing with basically 5 guys is piss poor coaching.
Don't tell anyone that! They'll say don't question the GOAT. There's a reason we have so many transfers and we flame out early in tournies so often. I love Duke as much as anyone on this board, but this is getting to be a common theme. No defense, short bench. Sure, we caught lightning in a bottle in 2015, but it hasn't been like that at ALL since then.

Players don’t have to earn it at duke anymore. The fans who have been here the longest won’t admit it but it’s true. They’ll blame it on the players but dukes short comings have been all about the coaching staff. This may be just one loss but the writing is on the wall. This team has a VERY high chance of being another duke team that gets sent home early. I feel bad for bagley. Dudes super human and deserves so much more.
Agreed

I knew it would be a tough game. Didn't play smart enough to win. Have to regroup and try to get better in the area of defense.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad and dbav
Next game starting 5 Should be Duval, Bagley, O’Connell, Vrank and Javin.

Send a damn message

Bolden didn’t play tonight right? I may be uninformed maybe he’s hurt but I’d bet he’s gone after this season

Never in my duke watching life have I seen 2 games in a row with such bad luck and other team luck!!!! , horrible officials , and piss poor coaching by k!!! I’ll pray!! It’s almost laughable ..the break is horrrible too..

Duke recruits off of offensive talent alone. We will never see a tenacious defensive Duke team again. They don’t teach defense in AAU ball they don’t know how to play defense when they get to college.

Reactions: pisgah101
This team has 2 seed and 2nd round loss written all over it

I hate that this ruins my night. I shouldn't let something I have no control over bother me, but it does. I am totally sick.

It’s college basketball, road conference wins are tough. But we look lost out there.

Right now we're a mediocre team with a monster at the number 5 position. We have a lot to work on, but the ceiling is ridiculously high.

I mean we just allowed basically 100 points to NC state.

This team just isn’t very good, it’s because of the defense they play and no bench. The offense is definitely good enough. If they don’t figure it out, I see another quick exit in the NCAA’s. So disappointing and the coaches have to figure it out.

I wish I had the same blue-tinted optimism of some!!
I wish I could
Don't tell anyone that! They'll say don't question the GOAT. There's a reason we have so many transfers and we flame out early in tournies so often. I love Duke as much as anyone on this board, but this is getting to be a common theme. No defense, short bench. Sure, we caught lightning in a bottle in 2015, but it hasn't been like that at ALL since then.
wow, two and a half seasons.

please, please, please just use this nc state as momentum. Don't play out of this world against us and then lay an egg in your next game. If it had to be anyone, I'm glad it's state, but man this is annoying. 96 to state? That is unacceptable.

Sad thing is, we lost road games to two of the worst teams in the conference, what's going to happen against the ranked teams of the conference on the road. It's a long season and a lot can change. I just hope it's soon. Kinda hard to laugh at carolina, when Duke isn't beating trams they should be handling

Reactions: pisgah101
Right now we're a mediocre team with a monster at the number 5 position. We have a lot to work on, but the ceiling is ridiculously high.

I've seen all I need to see to know with a team that plays no defense and shoots poorly get ready for a real average year. 96 points to an average team. All this time to practice and this mess? Please.

This team the way it is, won’t win anything this year. You have to win these games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT