ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS KANSAS NCAA TOURNAMENT ELITE 8 OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I'm not gonna sit here and talk about who's FAULT it was. Pretty silly, we're a TEAM. And I'm not gonna sit here and talk about how BAD we were. Grayson's shot was a C-hair from going in and winning the game. If that goes in, we don't have 50 threads on what we did wrong here today. As Dahntay touched on, winning it all ain't easy, even if your team is loaded. It takes some lucky bounces, gambles and incredible strength. One tiny inch from the FF. It's a tough way to go, but that's what makes this whole thing so great. That's why our team having 5 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS is so amazing. I'm not going to sit here and talk about how we can't win next year with young players. That's bullshit, we've done it before. I think we're really, really good this coming season. So do all these punk ass UNC fans and Kentucky fans talking trash here today. Don't let them fool you. Barrett, Reddish , Williamson and Jones are coming, and hell's coming with them. Sit here and say they won't be good if that's what turns your crank. As for me, i'm already excited again. GO DUKE.

Well said! I have the DVR set to record the jam fest tonight. I'm excited to see our guys take the court next year

Reactions: tripleb71
Newman was ready to shoot. Gary and Grayson were off. Everything else was a wash.
Respectfully disagree. Carter had one of his worst games for us. If not for Duval having one of his best, we might have lost by double digits

How Kansas won was their bread & butter. We were forced to adapt whether self inflicted or Kansas strategy (defensively)

Reactions: christophero
I was talking to my brother earlier about the game. Look at some stats here: Bagley takes 9 shots, Allen is 2-9 from 3, Trent is 2-10 from 3. We get outrebounded 47-32. Carter has 3 fouls in first half with 3 points.
If you just saw these stats without knowing the outcome, would any of us say Duke has a 3 point lead with 50 seconds to go?

I was talking to my brother earlier about the game. Look at some stats here: Bagley takes 9 shots, Allen is 2-9 from 3, Trent is 2-10 from 3. We get outrebounded 47-32. Carter has 3 fouls in first half with 3 points.
If you just saw these stats without knowing the outcome, would any of us say Duke has a 3 point lead with 50 seconds to go?
That is also my takeaway. We were fortunate to find ourselves in that situation. Kansas was drilling 3's and laying up back doors

Respectfully disagree. Carter had one of his worst games for us. If not for Duval having one of his best, we might have lost by double digits

How Kansas won was their bread & butter. We were forced to adapt whether self inflicted or Kansas strategy (defensively)
Actually I disagreed with myself after I typed that, but forgot to delete it from my browser, hence it awkwardly sitting above that quoted text.

So, yes, I was wrong about that.

Reactions: Alaskan_Assassin_21
Oh I'm doing great. No hangover, Duke is still the best team and school in the world. High Point just hired Tubby Smith, so we're getting a shot in the arm to a floundering program here at work. High times!
DukeDenver, we should get together and do lunch sometime. I am in HP most days. Also, I went to HP when it was HP college, Don't follow them much , but it is a fantastic University now. Amazing what one man can do.

Reactions: DukeDenver
DukeDenver, we should get together and do lunch sometime. I am in HP most days. Also, I went to HP when it was HP college, Don't follow them much , but it is a fantastic University now. Amazing what one man can do.

That would be fun. I like all the usual spots around here, not too picky.

let me know, is there another way to communicate without using the forum? I see folks on here doing it.
I have no idea. @dukiejay must have a dark-web forum for insiders where they all make fun of us commoners. I have a lightly used email account for craigslist transactions that can work. Problem is I don't remember it. I'll make a new one tonight.

r0j48U1.png

df6c8Eq.png

jW2Hs6E.png

That was one of my favorite parts about our team this year, we won or almost won so many games we had no business even being close in if you just looked at the stat sheet. We pretty much did every thing we all said we couldn’t do before the game- shoot poorly from 3, don’t rebound, and have an off night from Bagley- and were a bounce away (that m*********g g********n stupid bounce)!!

I’m excited for next year’s squad but I fear the margin for error won’t be nearly as large.

My level of anger at the end of the season. First Round. I'm pissed and basically avoid all basketball related media for 6 months. Second round, bad but not embarrasing. Sweet 16: good solid year for a blue blood program. Should be expected, really. Elite 8: Pretty darned good and oh so close to great. Final Four: exceptional. NC: top of the mountain and rare. End result: mad we came so close but pretty happy we made a very respectable run. Oh and lasted longer than Kentucky and UNC. :)

No one is happy today. We shouldn’t be. I think the expectation was Final Four. It didn’t happen. I was pretty hard on this team all season. It was full of frustration, but a lot of exciting moments too.

This group cared. I questioned that even just weeks ago. But they did. Seeing their faces, their emotions....they cared. They’re hurting much more than any of us posting on this board.

I felt it was an experiment all along with the 2 Bigs and then we went full Zone for the 1st time and my excitement peaked.

It might have been too much to ask 4 Freshman. Without atleast some trophy/hardware they "just came thru at Duke". But maybe their legacy will be a Zone used to win a title for Duke down the line.

Edit: Bagley III will be personally enshrined as POY

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT