ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS KANSAS NCAA TOURNAMENT ELITE 8 OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
For some strange reason, I've had faith this year - all year - that this talent would eventually figure it out and we would make a run in the tournament. So far, so good.

Also, in a strange way, I'm glad we didn't bring our A game on Friday and we still found a way to win. I think we all knew facing Boeheim's matchup would be difficult ESPECIALLY if we struggled to hit shots...and we struggled to hit shots.

KU's Achilles heal has been its defense all year long. With our improved defense and our incredibly potent offense - as well as ability to play inside out - I feel really good about today's matchup and our chance to get to K's record-setting 13th final four. We have too much size, athleticism and rebounding ability inside and I'm confident Grayson and Gary will find their shots again against KU.

We're the most talented team in basketball this year - and we've finally started playing like it. I know that doesn't get you very far, especially with such young talent, but we've done it before with freshman and I just have a hunch, we're going to do it again - but one game at a time.

Today's game is slated for a 5:05 est tip and will air on CBS. Duke opened at -3.5 but has fallen slightly to three on the latest line. I think we win, and cover, in a tight one.

Duke 83

Kansas 79

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one hits close to home. I’m from KS and my dad’s favorite team is KU. He’s as big a KU fan as I am a Duke fan. He’s also my best friend and you never hope your best friend/father is sad. That’s why we always hope Duke and KU are on opposite sides of the bracket so this day doesn’t happen. That being said...

Duke 81
KU 80

Sorry Dad.

Last edited:
Close, hard fought game but we start to separate in the closing minutes.

Duke 80
Kansas 74

Kansas is really good, but so are we. Playing close to home, they're going to have the crowd behind them so we have to keep our poise. Defend, and rebound have to be priorities.
Oh, and turnovers, have to keep them down or we could be in some trouble.

Duke 80
Kansas75

Go Duke!!!

Last edited:
I think this will be a game where K reminds the basketball world just how great he is. We will click, and roll to the final four.
The bigger the stage, the better Bagley will do. We get a dominant performance from him and solid play from the others.

Could happen, Mac. I believe if we're firing on all cylinders (even if Kansas plays well) we steamroll. Would love to see it!

OFC

Reactions: tripleb71
Think this game comes down to 3 point shooting. We don’t have to hit more but need to keep it close. This type of team is what our zone has been focused on since the UNC loss at Chapel Hill. Need Gary and Grayson to play well and either Duval or AOC hit a couple big shots from outside.

Duke 78
Kansas 76

Go Duke!!

I just watched the entire Kansas and Syracuse game from earlier this year. Kansas pretty much posted Vick up in the middle to beat the zone. He had a pretty good shooting night and took that shot consistently, but Syracuse wasn't denying it or even trying to pressure once it got in. Otherwise, they were using the backdoor lob.

Still liking our chances in this one if we play well on offense.

As Billy Hoyle said, "I don't offer this often, but I am personally guaranteeing victory"

kP7AE46.jpg

Not super confident going into this one. Honestly, I am just happy that we have gotten this far and UNC will not be playing in a 3rd straight championship game!

Reactions: Showenuff
Duke is one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the county and Kansas is one of the worst at allowing offensive rebounds, that will be the difference. I also do not see Duke have another poor shooting performance. It will be close, but the Blue Devils will prevail...

Duke 81
Kansas 76

not seeing it today. looked to me like we have maxed out after that Syracuse win. i hope i am wrong but i see Kansas pulling away in this one.

in order to win we have to make from 3 land. 5/25 won't get it done.

I think it's going to be a back and forth game until the last 5 minutes and Duke extends the lead and wins by 8.

Duke 76
KU 68

Bags & Carter get their bigs in foul trouble early and Dukes length up top forces them to rush their 3's and shoot a low percentage. Couple that with Duval forcing a few turnovers and Duke wins comfortably.

Duke 88
Kansas 72

Duke - 78
Kansas - 72

Couple keys:
Duval vs Graham is an interesting matchup to me. I think Graham pressures Duval all game and tries to get Duval to become out of control. Duval has to stay within himself like he has the 2nd half of the year. I’d like to try and see Duval attack him and try to get him into foul trouble.

Get Azibuke in foul trouble. This Kansas team is a different team with him off the floor.

Get the ball inside! This will open up Wide open shots as eventually the defense will have to collapse on Bagley and Carter and Bolden

Any defensive rebounds Kansas gets, they are going to be looking to run to beat Duke down the court with there 4 guards and prevent them from setting up the zone.

Sorry for the long post

I’m new to being involved in the forums. Just took a glance at Kansas’s and It sounds like they’re making every excuse why they’re going to lose tonight....anywho....

Marvin isn’t done! He’s has 22 in all 3 games, he has 30 tonight with 13 rebounds. Go Duke!!

I just don’t know how this will go....

If we come out and play to our potential...

Duke77
Kansas 62

If we play young as coach would say I think the season ends here. Hopefully we come out with focus and emotion.

Here’s to FF #13!! I hope it pisses off Carolina, Kentucky and Kansas fans for a year. I hope they all cry. Duke Marches On!!

Duke 83
Kansas 73

Reactions: pisgah101
He and Vick. They'll score some points from there but better there than from 3.

I'd rather push em off the 3 line too, they shoot it so well from there and I think we can. My concern is how we're shooting the 3 ball today. I think we must shoot it better than Friday nite to have a chance to win. I think we do and advance in a Maalox Masher, 78-77....

OFC

Reactions: jcdevilfan
I love this team and have loved watching them all year. I think our inability to stop the corner 3 is what does us in today.
Kansas 74
Duke 67

I’m just glad we are playing..nice to watch and cheer regardless what you think is going to happen...

Kansas reminds me a lot of the unc team that we had tons of problems with this year...I think they really exploit our zone today...we may have to change defenses in this one....

Duke 71
Kansas 77

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT