ADVERTISEMENT

5 Star Guard Jamal Murray to Kentucky

Paper champs! Keep posting clown, nothing you type here will change the fact that Duke was the better team last year, and will be again this year. :)
I didn't think I could despise a fanbase as bad as I do the holes fans, but darned if the KY idiots aren't making a run at it.

OFC

Reactions: Crank_it_loud
I didn't think I could despise a fanbase as bad as I do the holes fans, but darned if the KY idiots aren't making a run at it.

OFC
No contest, UK fans are much worse. If they weren't the most disliked fanbase pre-Cal, now it's no contest, Cal brings out the worst in 'em.

Where in the world do these UK trolls come from? I guess they are like the UNC trolls. They can't help it. It's their nature. Bless their hearts. OFC

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
I think you're really starting to make yourself believe this "paper champs" thing. Go get 'em tiger!

Listen up chump, all year long you idiots claim to be better then most pro teams 40-0 crap. Duke prove they were the best team, we have the gold trophy. The only things you guys can claim you put more guys in the NBA, BBN is pathetic , just like you go away.

ArmyTroll, it's hard to take you seriously when you tout the "Rupp aka non-full-integration of collegiate ball" titles. Btw, I've seen Skal play plenty - he's good, just not on the level of Jah, KT, or AD. Putting him in their level (at the same age) is just wrong.
You suck at posting.

wow..i expected so much more from Duke fans.
The few Duke guys who sometimes post on RR are so much more civil and polite.
This board might as well be the UL board...they read exactly the same
I know army can be a little over the top...but geez you guys... should just grow linebeards and drink crown royal as you throwdown some L signs. UL will welcome you with open arms.
see ya later...

wow..i expected so much more from Duke fans.
The few Duke guys who sometimes post on RR are so much more civil and polite.
This board might as well be the UL board...they read exactly the same
I know army can be a little over the top...but geez you guys... should just grow linebeards and drink crown royal as you throwdown some L signs. UL will welcome you with open arms.
see ya later...

Why so much UK trolling then?

Duke - 2015 Nat'l Champs

The title of this thread is the reason there are so many UK fans. If not for the title then there probably wouldn't be so many UK fans posting lately

Reactions: skysdad
The title of this thread is the reason there are so many UK fans. If not for the title then there probably wouldn't be so many UK fans posting lately

Agree. Why feed UK nation bait. They are annoying enough without being invited. Here's the way I feel about UK The only time I hope they win is when they play UNC. UK nation has the ability to bring Duke/UNC fans together if that's at all possible. Why can't UK nation just worry about Louisville or Florida who both have better coaches than UK. Now that I've had my say let's lock it up. OFC

"Why can't UK nation just worry about Louisville or Florida who both have better coaches than UK. Now that I've had my say let's lock it up. OFC"

RP is 1-7 vs. Cal since Cal arrived at UK. Florida....? Donovan has moved on to be the head coach at OKC. This new guy they have...? Nowhere remotely close to Cal.

Reactions: skysdad
"Why can't UK nation just worry about Louisville or Florida who both have better coaches than UK. Now that I've had my say let's lock it up. OFC"

RP is 1-7 vs. Cal since Cal arrived at UK. Florida....? Donovan has moved on to be the head coach at OKC. This new guy they have...? Nowhere remotely close to Cal.

I stand corrected. I just wish their trolls would stay away. OFC

You can't melt down in that many big games with such loaded talented teams and still be considered a good coach. Losing to a team like Wisconsin with a team Kentucky had last year is evidence of poor coaching. Wisconsin had a bunch of 3 star recruits and an absolutely huge disadvantage athletically and heightwise. Simple thing in crunch time to do is to feed the 7 foot trees down low and tell harrison twins not to shoot or drive but Cal didn't and lost. I mean an average college bball coach could have led that team to a championship. Add to the fact, he already is associated with 2 major scandals (UMass & Memphis) and pays players illegally to get them including anthony davis (chicago sun times article about it) and others we don't know about. He's succeeded in life through cheating and this false perception that he's a good coach when the only thing he is good at is paying players to play for him.
How the hell do you lose to Mercer and Lehigh with any level of talent? Of course, I'm just playing devil's advocate here. Calipari had some very pedestrian teams at UMass and won 30-games and made Sweet-16's with them. I'm a UK fan and I would certainly rank Coach K #1 among active coaches (and perhaps all time), but Calipari has done a great job at UK, did at Memphis and certainly did at UMass.

8 titles with five different coaches > 5 titles with one coach. Boom!

The duke program begins and ends with K. Better hope he can coach till he's 100 years old.

In the time span K has been at Duke, Kentucky has had six coaches. (lol) three won a title. Congrats, but I think I would rather have the five that K has won in the same time span since 5 is more than 3.(Just like UCLA'S 11 is more than 8) Unless you're up there in age, you've witnessed three Kentucky titles. I've witnessed five for Duke, and didn't need to google them to find out the details.

You can repeat it ad nauseum but the Duke program did not begin with K and nor will it end with K. K wasn't coaching against Kentucky in the 1978 NCAA Championship game, that was Bill Foster's Duke team. K didn't beat Kentucky in the 1980 NCAA Sweet 16 which was played in Rupp Arena, that was Bill Foster's Duke team. K wasn't coaching against Kentucky in the 1966 Final Four, that was Vic Bubas's Duke team. That was also Vic Bubas's Duke team that played against John Wooden's UCLA team in the 1964 NCAA Title game and against Loyola in the 1963 Final Four. And it was Vic Bubas's program that tallied the 3rd most wins in College Basketball for the decade of the 1960's. It also wasn't K's program when Duke won Conference Tournament Championships in 1938, 1941, 42, 44, 46, 60, 63, 64, 66, 78, 80. It was Eddie Cameron's program, Gerry Gerards program, Vic Bubas's program and Bill Foster's program. And it definitely wasn't K's program when in 1974 Duke became only the eighth school to ever hit 1,000 wins in College Basketball. (Now only one of four to have 2,000+)

Duke has too much going for it, in an incredible conference and too many coaches associated with it to somehow disappear when the current coach hangs it up. I guess in the meantime, it's best to pray he doesn't win any more gold trophies because I'm pretty sure if and when he does leave, the banners stay behind...

As far as Murray goes, it was a great pickup for UK. Of course I would wager money that most of the people commenting on how great he is have literally never even seen him play. LOL. I know how it works on the internet. That's why I stay away from making proclamations of greatness about recruits I don't watch.

Last edited:
How the hell do you lose to Mercer and Lehigh with any level of talent? Of course, I'm just playing devil's advocate here. Calipari had some very pedestrian teams at UMass and won 30-games and made Sweet-16's with them. I'm a UK fan and I would certainly rank Coach K #1 among active coaches (and perhaps all time), but Calipari has done a great job at UK, did at Memphis and certainly did at UMass.

Well if Kentucky fans are going to give Duke ZERO credit for things they win, then Duke fans are going to issue ZERO blame for games Duke loses.

That is fair is it not?

Didn't Kentucky lose to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT? We're just going to ignore that?

How do you lose to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT. OFC

Reactions: twdukefan

You realize his records at Memphis, UMASS and KY are all inflated because the conference competition was/is terrible, right? Krzyzewski has multiple 30 win seasons in the ACC. Put K's coaching ability and the talent he recruits in the scrub conferences Cal coaches in and he'd have a lot more wins. But, he likes a challenge.

And, KY has been to the NIT TWICE in the last 7 years. I'll take two first round losses and two national championships in that time frame over two trips to the NIT and one national championship....and so would you!

HUTUXTFRZXSXZBB.20100406082227.jpg

NCAA_DUKE_WISCONSIN_FINAL_FOUR_BASKETBALL_43204599.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Neue Regel
You realize his records at Memphis, UMASS and KY are all inflated because the conference competition was/is terrible, right? Krzyzewski has multiple 30 win seasons in the ACC. Put K's coaching ability and the talent he recruits in the scrub conferences Cal coaches in and he'd have a lot more wins. But, he likes a challenge.

And, KY has been to the NIT TWICE in the last 7 years. I'll take two first round losses and two national championships in that time frame over two trips to the NIT and one national championship....and so would you!

HUTUXTFRZXSXZBB.20100406082227.jpg

NCAA_DUKE_WISCONSIN_FINAL_FOUR_BASKETBALL_43204599.JPG
Boo yahBoo yah

hahaha no they literally ignore that season by saying, "oh we weren't trying to win after nerlens went down"

Ignore it. They don't even remember it. Just like Tar Heel fans forget their skeletons.. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT