ADVERTISEMENT

Why does

Duke hit 10 threes yesterday (one more than UCF) and shot 40% from there. UCF played a great game and hit a lot of tough shots.

Could have put Alex in on offense, then have him foul Tacko almost immediately on D towards the end. I would take Alex' shooting with Tacko at the line as a much better than even trade.

Reactions: pisgah101
Goldwire absolutely deserves his minutes. He has 100% earned them. But can we please limit the time that Goldy is on the floor with Tre?? Their skill sets are too redundant and it leaves us with only 2 scorers (and sometimes zero shooters), thus allowing teams to pack the paint that much easier. Let Goldwire sub in for Tre a few minutes each half so Tre has some gas in the tank at the end of games.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Goldwire absolutely deserves his minutes. He has 100% earned them. But can we please limit the time that Goldy is on the floor with Tre?? Their skill sets are too redundant and it leaves us with only 2 scorers (and sometimes zero shooters), thus allowing teams to pack the paint that much easier. Let Goldwire sub in for Tre a few minutes each half so Tre has some gas in the tank at the end of games.

Eh I like how much pressure and more focused our defense gets when we have them both out there. They both frustrate well.

I have mixed emotions with Tre and Jordan in there at the same time. It's pretty apparent that they both create absolute havoc on the defensive side of things - love to see them press. But yes, having two offensive liabilities is a little dicey at times. Tre is shooting close to 49% on 2-pt field goals and Jordan is at 47.4% (small sample at 9 for 19). Point is, they both get more points per possession shooting 2s than 3s. If they're not being guarded, take a dribble or two, and take a 14-18 foot jump shot. I know it's the least desirable shot because you don't get any extra points for a long 2-pointers, but I think their confidence on the offensive end might improve if they focus on the mid-range game.

One of this team's main calling cards, though, is defense. Those two in the game together are very disruptive on that end of the court. I think against VT you will see Tre trying to be more aggressive with the ball and getting into the lane....like in the ACCT. Sunday was more of an anomaly with a guy seven and a half feet tall.

100% dj. Look how well Tre was penetrating the lane with GREAT takes prior to UCF. They just can't happen with that monster in there and it made him shoot the long ball way to much.

Tre should try to shoot it if they leave him open and if he isn't hitting take a couple bounces and shoot the mid-range.

In reading articles and seeing comments everywhere many people over think this stuff, it's a game of matchups folks. I knew 5 minutes into it that UCF was going to be tough as they were experienced, physical and big. Nobody has a player like Taco to eat up real estate down low. Zion had to do a lot of additional maneuvering to score but he did. (and maybe took a few too many 3's along the way)

Then you have the Dawkins family factor with Coach and son(who grew up around Duke) and it was a recipe for a damn tough game. Tougher than we would like for sure but they're all gonna be that way from here on out. Duke will have to win some close ones to take the gold trophy this year. So everyone put your seatbelt on.

As far as whining from other people, we see this every year especially from chapel hill and Lexington. If Duke loses early it's their fault, if Duke keeps advancing it's the refs fault. LOL. I've yet to see a National Championship revoked as a direct result of whimpering from fans of rival schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT