ADVERTISEMENT

D-DAY

Liftee

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 6, 2011
What is wrong with me that I waited until this late to post a remembrance to D-Day, the day (and days following) that saved our freedom from horrible tyranny!

Any of us who had fathers/parents/relatives who came to shore that day knows the incredible bravery of these great people. My father came to Europe from England later, in August, and was stationed in Paris. There were still snipers throughout the city.

I was lucky enough to be friendly with a Ranger who parachuted in on D-Day behind enemy lines. No communication with his base, no way to know if the attack was still on. He told me they were all 19 years old and thought they were bullet proof. Unfortunately, a high percentage of the jumpers learned otherwise.

Let us never forget.

What is wrong with me that I waited until this late to post a remembrance to D-Day, the day (and days following) that saved our freedom from horrible tyranny!

Any of us who had fathers/parents/relatives who came to shore that day knows the incredible bravery of these great people. My father came to Europe from England later, in August, and was stationed in Paris. There were still snipers throughout the city.

I was lucky enough to be friendly with a Ranger who parachuted in on D-Day behind enemy lines. No communication with his base, no way to know if the attack was still on. He told me they were all 19 years old and thought they were bullet proof. Unfortunately, a high percentage of the jumpers learned otherwise.

Let us never forget.
We have another day. My mom cried every June 6 half her body weight. My uncle died on Utah Beach. Not related. He was left on the church steps as a baby in 1926. My grandmother could not have another child. He was the beloved, spoiled baby who died to save our Freedom

Reactions: Liftee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT