ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn't the bench play?l

Alex is learning and we see moments of being very good and times of him being a Fr. The thing with him is he is always willing to compete even in big games. The experiences he gets now will or should be motivators for his offseason training. I really think Alex can have a huge jump next year. Wouldn't be unreasonable to see him add 10lbs and just be more confident. He will be a great compliment to RJ and Cam.

Jordan is another one who is finding his way and needs this year to get an understanding of this level of D1 basketball. There's a lot to like about him as a player as well as definite areas for him to improve on. He, like Alex, will be a good sub for Jones.

Jack is a good rebounder and is a pretty good defense in the zone. I like how he goes after every lose ball on either end and finds passes. In m2m he lacks lateral quickness and does get beat off the dribble and by cutters. I would not necessarily want to see him chase players moving off the ball. Just think he has no defined role and not sure what it will be even next year. Maybe as a 3 in a zone or a 4.

Javin is the one that has me most puzzled. I know he is a high energy guy that can rebound the ball, which is good. Every team needs that. But he fouls (a lot), doesn't have clean hands, misses put backs and is does shoot the ball well. Don't really see him have any post moves or do work in the paint. Just not sure what impact he will have. I am hoping to see him put it all together for next year.

Bolden meets eye tests. Can he stay injury free. Can he play with some passion and fire? Can he show a motor? All legit questions. If so, he's the ideal 5 for next year; if not, well Duke will need to find a 5 that can be the anchor to the studs around him.

Reactions: skysdad
1. Trent tired is still considerably better than Jack fresh.

That's one reason. There's no need for a second reason.
Glad coaches gave him a chance to play. Seems like there are several reasons to give him a
chance. 1.He brings energy to the team. No need for second or third reason
but I will share them anyway...he rebounded and he scored a basket.

Glad coaches gave him a chance to play. Seems like there are several reasons to give him a
chance. 1.He brings energy to the team. No need for second or third reason
but I will share them anyway...he rebounded and he scored a basket.
I agree Jack brings a lot of hustle and rebounding to the team. I trust him in the game more than AOC because of experience.

Reactions: skysdad
Guys like Jack White are why it's important to play the bench at times. The Crazies love someone like him as much as he loves Duke. When he does something good, it's like instant electricity throughout the building, and it flows to the rest of the team.
He hustles and knows his limitations.
The one guy who was the most appreciative of him was Grayson, or at least it looked that way to me.

"Down the road" may be in a FF game, and the "help" may be that they have experience playing 37-40 minutes in intense games. We aren't going to be worrying about developing the bench during the NCAAT, are we?
I believe bench may be somewhat developed or at least Jack White’s seat. It just needs to be used every now and then.
Still waiting to read something positive you have to say about White’s effort.

Guys like Jack White are why it's important to play the bench at times. The Crazies love someone like him as much as he loves Duke. When he does something good, it's like instant electricity throughout the building, and it flows to the rest of the team.
He hustles and knows his limitations.
The one guy who was the most appreciative of him was Grayson, or at least it looked that way to me.
Exactly. It's fun for the starters to see all of their teammates share in their success.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I believe bench may be somewhat developed or at least Jack White’s seat. It just needs to be used every now and then.
Still waiting to read something positive you have to say about White’s effort.
Are you one of those guys who thinks world hunger has been solved b/c you just ate?

Jack was great last night. He gave us a great lift off the bench. Happy?

Now, when are you going to quit with the passive-aggressive sniping at our Coach?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT