ADVERTISEMENT

Which team's 3 pt shooting affected the game more?

lyonhawk

All American
Sep 8, 2003
BC shot 15/26 (57.7%) which is ridiculous.
Duke shot 8/30 (26.7%) also ridiculous but on the other end.

Why did we shoot 30 3s? Bagley only took 11 shots the entire game. And 4 of them were 3s. Bagley was 5/7 inside the arc, Wendell was 5/8, Javin was 4/4, and Marques was 1/1. We could have withstood their 3 point barrage if we would have just stayed patient and pounded it inside.

This sucked because it's a game we should have won and puts us in an early hole in the league. I never thought we were going undefeated, but I want to get the ACC regular season/tournament double this year and this wasn't a great start. I still think we do it, but this shows it will be tougher than some thought.

Reactions: hart2chesson
BC shot 15/26 (57.7%) which is ridiculous.
Duke shot 8/30 (26.7%) also ridiculous but on the other end.

Why did we shoot 30 3s? Bagley only took 11 shots the entire game. And 4 of them were 3s. Bagley was 5/7 inside the arc, Wendell was 5/8, Javin was 4/4, and Marques was 1/1. We could have withstood their 3 point barrage if we would have just stayed patient and pounded it inside.

This sucked because it's a game we should have won and puts us in an early hole in the league. I never thought we were going undefeated, but I want to get the ACC regular season/tournament double this year and this wasn't a great start. I still think we do it, but this shows it will be tougher than some thought.

Good observations. "Bags" did spend a lot of time at top of perimeter today and K needs to tell him to rein it in on that shot and post up more.

I had no idea we shot 30 threes, and really we only have two starters who are capable of hitting 'em on consistent basis.

OFC

Good observations. "Bags" did spend a lot of time at top of perimeter today and K needs to tell him to rein it in on that shot and post up more.

I had no idea we shot 30 threes, and really we only have two starters who are capable of hitting 'em on consistent basis.

OFC
To put it into a little perspective, Gary Trent Jr took 13 of those 30 3 point attempts and made 6 of the 8 3 pointers that were made

It didn’t seem like we shot that many. I was kind of stunned when I initially saw the box score.

Marvin and Grayson got a little carried away. I normally don’t mind Grayson taking them, but he was never really in rhythm on a lot of them. That was frustrating. Going away from Our inside game was maddening, though.

Reactions: sheyduke
If Duval is going to struggle against the zone, I cannot to the life of me understand why Coach K does not put Bagley at the free throw line and let him make a play. Pass to the post or kick out to Allen or Trent. I was looking for that the whole game, but it never happened.

30 is too many - we are dominant inside so pound it in there....get the +1 for the 3 pt play....some of this rests on the coaching....you have TV time outs, time outs and half time to reiterate to the team to throw it inside...no excuse to just jack up 3's...we can get those anytime - play to our strength which is size and depth inside. For some reason the basketball IQ today was pretty low

Reactions: dukesince91
It wasn't that we shot that many it was that they hit that many and were allowed to shoot that many to get to the point they made that many. I don't know if that even makes any since. Next game. OFC

15 3s on 60% shooting. Yeah we took a decent amount of bad shots but give BC credit, their guards dominated and they shot lights out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT