ADVERTISEMENT

What things or events were cancelled because of the pandemic

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
that you really missed. I really loved the Little League World Series. Can't remember the last time I missed one until 2020. These kids although they are playing to be the LLWS champs they are still playing for the pure love of the game. They played hard and fair. Looking forward for it to resume. How about you. What did you miss? OFC

Also, movies. My lord do I love going to the movies. So many pushed back, postponed, or relegated to streaming. It's depressing.

Reactions: skysdad
I missed going to my Aunt's house for family Christmas. Close to 40 of us and it grew it year with the new borns. OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
We usually set up 3 or more TVs the first weekend of the NCAA tournament to watch every game. Taking that away was like taking Christmas away.

I don’t know if most would consider this as a thing or event being cancelled but I missed being able to go out to the bar to hang out with friends on Friday nights because bars here in NC were closed because of our Governor’s orders from mid March until early October when bars were finally allowed to reopen under restrictions. Bars here in NC are still under pretty heavy restrictions because bars have to close at 9pm and can only be at 30% of outside capacity, which for my local bar that means they’re only allowed to have about 12 customers at anytime because it’s a small bar and 100% outside capacity is only around 40 or so people. I personally think it’s ridiculous that bars are still only allowed to serve outside with how cold it is here this time of year and I also think it’s ridiculous that bars have to close at 9pm considering they’re only allowed to serve outside at 30% capacity. Not to mention the bars here in NC that don’t have an outside area for customers because that means that they can’t even open.

I miss all the baseball, softball, football and soccer games that my grandchildren would have played and I could have seen. I really miss it badly!!!!
OFC

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT