ADVERTISEMENT

Update on my kidney issue.

He has. I have a great family and support system. It isnt easy and I never knew just how many strong people that are dealing with these type issues.

You've got a good start. Having a supporting family, and faith will take you a long ways. I think none of us really know just how many people we may meet during a day...that are dealing with serious health problems themselves, or their family. Precious life, it's something we all have in common, and it makes us take note that as much as we 'love' a team, or 'hate' a rival...it really pales in the scheme of life's priorities.
I'm adding you to my prayer list also, Wilsinnc, if you don't mind. Take care, and stay strong.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
You've got a good start. Having a supporting family, and faith will take you a long ways. I think none of us really know just how many people we may meet during a day...that are dealing with serious health problems themselves, or their family. Precious life, it's something we all have in common, and it makes us take note that as much as we 'love' a team, or 'hate' a rival...it really pales in the scheme of life's priorities.
I'm adding you to my prayer list also, Wilsinnc, if you don't mind. Take care, and stay strong.

OFC
I'll take all i can get. So true that family and faith will carry you through the storms. Even when people are on diffrents teams we are all teammates when it comes to the most important things in life. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thank you for the prayers

I have stage 5 kidney failure. I started dialysis on November 8th. On the kidney transplant list at unc. From a tarheel to a dookie good luck. If i can share any information or answer any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Thank you so much. Rivalries always seem to be put aside when things like this come up. You are now in my prayers. May Heavenly Father bless you through thisBy the way l'm a Dukie. LOL OFC

Last edited:
Sky,

You may contact me at: kbcsonka@comcast.net.

Bela

I will. I need to see what my doctor tells me and then will explore options. To be honest I'm a little scared right now. I have been able to talk to a few friends and family. I know some of them have only one kidney. I knowas a few nurses and they were also encouraging. I guess I just need to know talk to my urologist. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Thanks guys all this means a lot. I did speak with my urologist today. i am going to have surgery. The procedure is called Laparascopic Pyeloplasty . Basically they make an incision in my abdoman and repair the scar tissue which is the cause of the blockage. They will also remove whatever stones are in there and so me back up. Should be able to go home the next day. Recovery about 2 weeks. Damaged will not be restored but it will not get worse and life will be normal. The 1st. choice is for Duke Medical to do this procedure followed by Chapel Hill and Wesley Long in Greensboro. Once again I ask for your prayers and for those who may not pray wish for me the best. I really care about the members of this board even those who may not like the way I post or my ideas. At one time I had some ignores but have taken them off because I missed reading them. I agree with a lot they had posted and if disagreed I simply disagree. The trolls I still chose to ignore. I can'think burn bridges simply for the reason I may need to cross over them again. OFC

Thanks guys all this means a lot. I did speak with my urologist today. i am going to have surgery. The procedure is called Laparascopic Pyeloplasty . Basically they make an incision in my abdoman and repair the scar tissue which is the cause of the blockage. They will also remove whatever stones are in there and so me back up. Should be able to go home the next day. Recovery about 2 weeks. Damaged will not be restored but it will not get worse and life will be normal. The 1st. choice is for Duke Medical to do this procedure followed by Chapel Hill and Wesley Long in Greensboro. Once again I ask for your prayers and for those who may not pray wish for me the best. I really care about the members of this board even those who may not like the way I post or my ideas. At one time I had some ignores but have taken them off because I missed reading them. I agree with a lot they had posted and if disagreed I simply disagree. The trolls I still chose to ignore. I can'think burn bridges simply for the reason I may need to cross over them again. OFC

You got this, skysdad. I’ll keep the prayer chain going.

I know any surgery can be scary, but at least it looks like your doctors have a sound course of action, Sky. We'll be praying for you all the way. As DJ said, 'you've got this'. Take care and stay strong.

OFC

Prayers and thoughts, buddy. Make sure your doc knows that you need to be 100% in time to make the necessary money drops to refs in March. Avoid any nanner pudding deliveries in the hospital from people you don’t know. Stick to Pepsi as well.

Seriously though, this board may be an online family, but we’re still family. Best wishes and prayers your way. Stay positive and keep us posted.

My Thoughts and prayers are with you Sky!! Hang in there!

There you go, Sky! They will fix that shit up and you'll be good. Thinking of you!

Good luck to you sky. I will add you to my prayers. I'm really optimistic by nature, so I believe everything will be fine. I have a second cousin who had a rare kidney disease and she had to have one removed. Forty years later, she's happy and healthy. I wish the same for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT