ADVERTISEMENT

To the rafters with "The Brotherhood?"

Not sure what his point was about the rafters. The reaction to Zion's announcement has been surprising. I have been sort of listening to the One Shining Podcast on the Ringer network. The one guy Tate Frazier is a huge Duke hater and its fun to listen to him make fun of Duke, but their last podcast was over the top and made no sense. They really went at Duke and K for being fake and paying players, but really made no sense in what they were saying. It's clear Duke's recruiting is pissing them off, but then they say "I'm not mad at Duke, I'm mad that people don't criticize Duke the way people used to criticize Cal." What does that even mean? I will no longer be listening to One Shining Crapcast. Those two can't construct a logical argument. I'll stick with Gary Parish's silly little podcast. At least he seems like a fun guy.

The Brotherhood is cool, but I disagree with the jersey hanging thing about doing away with the criteria of having to graduate before you're eligible for the rafters. I think NOT...that's part of what makes Duke special. Besides even if that were lifted, Bags or any of the other one and dones don't have enough achievements to deserve their jerseys retired, especially compared to players like Nolan, and Kyle who didn't get their numbers in the rafters, but had great stats, stayed 4 years and graduated. That would be a complete slap in the face to so many great players. At least that's my opinion.

OFC

Not sure what his point was about the rafters. The reaction to Zion's announcement has been surprising. I have been sort of listening to the One Shining Podcast on the Ringer network. The one guy Tate Frazier is a huge Duke hater and its fun to listen to him make fun of Duke, but their last podcast was over the top and made no sense. They really went at Duke and K for being fake and paying players, but really made no sense in what they were saying. It's clear Duke's recruiting is pissing them off, but then they say "I'm not mad at Duke, I'm mad that people don't criticize Duke the way people used to criticize Cal." What does that even mean? I will no longer be listening to One Shining Crapcast. Those two can't construct a logical argument. I'll stick with Gary Parish's silly little podcast. At least he seems like a fun guy.
Yeah. I listened to that whole podcast, and am a huge fan of it normally. But that whole pod was just stupid.

Once the rule changes in a few years, this will be a worthless discussion anyway.

The Brotherhood is cool, but I disagree with the jersey hanging thing about doing away with the criteria of having to graduate before you're eligible for the rafters. I think NOT...that's part of what makes Duke special. Besides even if that were lifted, Bags or any of the other one and dones don't have enough achievements to deserve their jerseys retired, especially compared to players like Nolan, and Kyle who didn't get their numbers in the rafters, but had great stats, stayed 4 years and graduated. That would be a complete slap in the face to so many great players. At least that's my opinion.

OFC

We share the same opinion.

Ben Swain seems like an ass.

And yeah, don't change it. The guys have a whole lifetime in front of them to come back and get their degree. If they do that, great... they can hang in the rafters of our University's arena.

Duke is a university first, second, and third. That matters to me.

Ben Swain seems like an ass.

And yeah, don't change it. The guys have a whole lifetime in front of them to come back and get their degree. If they do that, great... they can hang in the rafters of our University's arena.

Duke is a university first, second, and third. That matters to me.

yep...i just want Brand to come back and finish up, so #42 can be added=)

Reactions: dbav and TheDude1

OFC

Amen dirt. The rafters are sacred and I for one am happy the criteria is so tough. I don't have a problem with a ring of honor similar to what the Dallas Cowboys have. OFC

OFC

My sentiments exactly Dirt. I think the bonding of all who wear the TRUE BLUE AND WHITE is wonderful, but agree with you on carrying things too far....OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT