ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts so far

If were bringing in 6-7 freshman a year, which it seems like will be the format moving forward. Than having 1 guy transfer a year doesn't seem too strange. Simple numbers.

Though I think it's way too early to even be having this discussion, Tucker has been a disapointment in the limited action we have seen him. I hope he sticks with it, but wouldn't be shocked if we start hearing serious rumblings by Christmas. And also wouldn't be shocked if this becomes an annual thing. Hope not though.

If he wants to transfer let him... goldwire and O'Connell are proving lesser ranked people can get PT! And Javin is showing why u stick it out

I've been wondering how long it would take for us to start the transfer thing. Two games into the season. That has to be the quickest so far. Come on guys isn't there other things about this team that we can discuss. OFC

I've been wondering how long it would take for us to start the transfer thing. Two games into the season. That has to be the quickest so far. Come on guys isn't there other things about this team that we can discuss. OFC
I think it's this early because the fact he liked the tweet.
I think this team is full of go getters and if you see how Goldwire and O'Connell and Javin even Big V and Robinson are engaged in the game even if it's just cheering from the bench that alone should rub off on the rest. The thing I like so far defense and rebounding and sharing the ball.

Reactions: hart2chesson

Normally I would agree, but this isn’t speculation. Jordan actually ‘liked’ a tweet in reference to him transferring. It can really only mean one of two things, 1) he was joking around, or 2) showing some early frustration.

I don’t really think that’s acceptable as a member of the team, and I’d imagine any coach or teammates would feel the same.

Last edited:
If were bringing in 6-7 freshman a year, which it seems like will be the format moving forward. Than having 1 guy transfer a year doesn't seem too strange. Simple numbers.

Though I think it's way too early to even be having this discussion, Tucker has been a disapointment in the limited action we have seen him. I hope he sticks with it, but wouldn't be shocked if we start hearing serious rumblings by Christmas. And also wouldn't be shocked if this becomes an annual thing. Hope not though.

IMO he hasn’t been a disappointment because he wasn’t expected to do a lot this year anyway. I hope he sticks it out, because in a few years, with his size and quickness of his release, he will be deadly. In high school he floated and was streaky at best. Consistency needs to be his focus. Hopefully that focus continues at Duke.

It's not me saying it pal

Reactions: hart2chesson
I wouldn't be too worried normally, but liking a tweet about transferring? That implies much imo. Still it could have been just a spur of the moment thing out of frustration. Anyway, I don't think it was the wisest thing to do.

OFC

Javin is showing why u stick it out
It's just 2 games, but yes, it looks like he's going to be an example of a guy who sticks it out and develops.

He only played in 12 games last year, about 7 minutes per, and fewer than 2 ppg. Again, it has only been 2 games so far, but if he were to play in every game he dresses for and average upward of 10 minutes, how would that compare to single year improvements in recent history? Ryan Kelly came to mind, but he did play in 35 games his freshman year, and his improvement was gradual. Nolan improved a huge amount the same year, but he had been a solid rotation player and occasional starter the year before.

Reactions: pisgah101
My take on this team is it is so balanced. Really look like we have everything covered. My biggest surprise is, how Carter owns the paint on D and alters shots. How good Bagley is, I was afraid he would be another Frosh over hyped. Lastly how this team meshes and plays as one together, doesn't seem to be any me first guys.

It's going to be a really fun year!

I do not remember a team looking the talented and this gelled so quickly. Bagley and Carter look like they've been playing together for a lot longer than two games. We have had some great teams here, but I honestly don't remember a team with 4 freshmen looking this good, this quick. I have to think it's only going to get better, and that is VERY promising!!

In my opinion, each individual starter is exceeding expectations, which is saying a lot considering the high expectations coming into the year. Trevon has been a revelation. I wasn't sure what type of player he was and had thought that the season really would hinge on his ability to be a point guard. He definitely has point guard skills, the ability to run the team and distribute the ball finding the open man and getting guys the ball in spots where they can succeed. Our transition offense has looked very good in the early going.

But he re-tweeted! Oh my god!

Reactions: skysdad
No matter what happens Tuesday night this team is still going to be very, very good. Michigan State is very good so it should be a great game. Win or lose I still like our chances come March as long as the team continues to grow.

Hard to not be impressed after those two games and in back to back fashion no less. Obviously those two teams arent exactly Michigan State or Arizona but we were extremely dominant in both contests. Duval has been exceptional thus far- boy could we have used a guy like that last year. Alex has been a very pleasant surprise. Carter, Bagley and Trent have been awesome, doing everything out there. Trent is so poised and so confident- every time he puts it up you think its buckets.

Grayson has been exceptional. Looks like hes having a blast out there and thats great to see.

Big game tomorrow night, i try not to put too much hype one way or the other this early. Itll be a stiff test and learning experience for our young guys. Lets see how they respond.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT