ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Zion (from rivals.com videographer)

Krysten Peek

Recruit
Gold Member
Sep 14, 2011
I shoot all the video for the Rivals.com national team and have seen Zion play several times since his junior year. What I can say is, Duke is getting a once-in-a-lifetime player who can obviously jump out of the gym but he’s nearly impossible to stop in transition and is great at finishing even when fouled. When I talked to Zion at USA Basketball this past October, he said coach K was someone who can talk about anything and then had a great in-home. Plus he mentioned that he had been talking to Tre Jones and Cam Reddish a lot after they committed and they were working on building chemistry at the training camp. Those questioning whether he has a jump shot or if he can finish with his right hand are right to speculate. His jump shot is something he continues to work on and when I asked him what he would say to those people who think he can only dunk and go left he replied, ‘I’d say you’ve only watched my mixtapes and have never seen me play a full game of basketball.’ I think next year, a lot of fans will be getting there early for the layup lines because his dunks are just so crazy. Reporters asked him a week ago if he likes all the attention he gets from fans during warmups and he smiled and said, ‘honestly, I just do those dunks in warmups to see how my legs are doing.’ And then he laughed. I’ve never seen any player come through like Zion and I can’t wait to watch him next year at Duke. This is a record setting recruiting class and the best I’ve seen since I started at Rivals. Here's some of his top plays that I put together from the past year.

Krysten, thank you for the write up about Zion bc it adds more respective to us, the fans.

Reactions: Krysten Peek
I shoot all the video for the Rivals.com national team and have seen Zion play several times since his junior year. What I can say is, Duke is getting a once-in-a-lifetime player who can obviously jump out of the gym but he’s nearly impossible to stop in transition and is great at finishing even when fouled. When I talked to Zion at USA Basketball this past October, he said coach K was someone who can talk about anything and then had a great in-home. Plus he mentioned that he had been talking to Tre Jones and Cam Reddish a lot after they committed and they were working on building chemistry at the training camp. Those questioning whether he has a jump shot or if he can finish with his right hand are right to speculate. His jump shot is something he continues to work on and when I asked him what he would say to those people who think he can only dunk and go left he replied, ‘I’d say you’ve only watched my mixtapes and have never seen me play a full game of basketball.’ I think next year, a lot of fans will be getting there early for the layup lines because his dunks are just so crazy. Reporters asked him a week ago if he likes all the attention he gets from fans during warmups and he smiled and said, ‘honestly, I just do those dunks in warmups to see how my legs are doing.’ And then he laughed. I’ve never seen any player come through like Zion and I can’t wait to watch him next year at Duke. This is a record setting recruiting class and the best I’ve seen since I started at Rivals. Here's some of his top plays that I put together from the past year.

Thanks for sharing Krysten and thanks for all of the work you do!

Reactions: Krysten Peek

Great insights but find it funny that you’ve got all these folks coming out now and saying they should have known based off what Zion said. No one mentioned that before he made his decision. Hell, half the articles posted by Corey Evans and Bossi have statements in there that shows they already had the article written with Clemson being the winning school. They did the same thing on Moses Brown article, because apparently someone convinced them he was going to FSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT